Start by marking “Fit to Live: 5 Steps to a Lean, Strong, Fearless You” as Want to Read:
Fit to Live: 5 Steps to a Lean, Strong, Fearless You

Fit to Live: 5 Steps to a Lean, Strong, Fearless You

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Dr. Pamela Peeke's New York Times bestseller Body-for-Life for Women has helped thousands of women transform their bodies. Now, in Fit to Live, she shines light on our 21st century lifestyle, with its fake food, desk jobs, clutter, and endless stress, and asks listeners, "If your life depended on it, could you run up four flights of stairs right now? Are you Fit to Live, n ...more
Audio CD, Abridged
Published May 1st 2007 by Macmillan Audio

To ask other readers questions about Fit to Live, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fit to Live

AnnaMay
This book opens each section with a quiz to analyze what stage of fitness I was at. I liked that. At the end of each section are a few bullet-pointed goals according to which stage I fell in from the quiz. I think I'd like to eventually buy this for that reason: it would be helpful to have the baby-step goals to work on. In some sections I was 'fit to live' or 'ready for challenge,' while in others I was 'barely alive.'

I like how she doesn't place an age or restrictions on health status, etc. Sh
Mark Holencik
Excellent way to holistically lose weight and improve your whole life. Learned a few things to do that have nothing to do with eating or exercise.
Tara
Overall, this was an inspiring read. It is written in a conversational tone with many side notes and success stories from Dr Peeke's patients. The downside was the emphasis on walking outside (it's winter in Chicago) and family/children. There were parts of the self-evaluations that were not suited for singles. I would recommend this as a quick read for someone that wants to remind themselves to take care of body, mind, spirit and the space around them.
Dharma
Not bad. Perhaps not the best book to read right after Intuitive Eating since in some respects they are very opposite on some views. Overall not a bad book however. Definitely written to appeal to the quick reader. I kind of enjoyed her all point approach in that she has the reader look at their whole lives, not just food. For example she does a similar quiz for scoring where you stand on your finances (that was a scary one for me! Way too much work to do in that arena.
Nancy Wilson
This is the third book I've read by Dr. Peeke and she builds on the previous 2 titles. Her views on shedding weight have not changed and she has expanded them. I wasn't expecting the lifestyle coach. ie. Are you physically fit to live? ====Are you financially fit to live?----Are you environmentally fit to live? She makes some very interesting and thought provoking comparisons.
Donna
Sep 15, 2008 Donna rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: you if you need motivation to get fit
Recommended to Donna by: I met the author when she spoke at a conference
Many people loose their lives in disasters because they are out of shape - can't hold their body weight or balance, don't have the upper body strength to pull someone else up or can't make it down the stairs when the building is on fire.
Everyone has their reason to exercise or not - knowing how your fitness can save your life is a new way of looking at it.
Mary
This is a really good book. I heard Dr. Peeke speak at a conference a few years back and was so inspired I bought her book. I have since read this book twice as it has a lot of great holistic content covering 'being fit' physically, mentally, nutritionally, financially and environmentally. A keeper on my bookshelf!
Danica
It was the best overall health/wellness book I've read yet!
Tangee
Tangee added it
Dec 30, 2014
Gowtham
Gowtham marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Godspower
Godspower marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Marcyb
Marcyb marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Ginotan Situmorang
Ginotan Situmorang marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Apryl
Apryl added it
Oct 25, 2013
Tristan Donlevy
Tristan Donlevy marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Emetuche. Obiageri
Emetuche. Obiageri marked it as to-read
May 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Dr. Pamela Peeke is an internationally recognized expert, physician, scientist and author in the fields of nutrition, stress, fitness and public health. On stage or in front of a camera, she combines her trademark energy, wit and humor with the latest scientific data to motivate and educate audiences of all ages to transform themselves for healthy living.

Dr. Peeke is WebMD's lifestyle expert for
More about Pamela Peeke...
Body for Life for Women: A Woman's Plan for Physical and Mental Transformation The Hunger Fix: The Three-Stage Detox and Recovery Plan for Overeating and Food Addiction Fight Fat After Forty: How to Stop Being a Stress Eater and Lose Weight Fast The National Body Challenge Success Program for the Whole Family