Brush of Angel's Wings (Heaven On Earth #2)

Brush of Angel's Wings (Heaven On Earth #2)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  36 reviews

He doesn't plan to stay Amish. She doesn't have a plan.

Then an angel draws their hearts toward God . . . and each other.

A buggy-racing champion, a hardworking field-hand, and a terrible cook, Rachel Hartzler does not fit her Amish community's standards for an eligible bride. Hurt by their rejection and still grieving the loss of her brother, Rachel is ready for change.

Published April 10th 2012 by Thomas Nelson

Nevaeh Kane
I received this book from Booksneeze for free in exchange for a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed here are my own and I was not required to give a positive review.

Katie has lived through tragedy and heartache. But with the angel Elias by her side, the best years of her life are just ahead.
When Katie Bender’s fiancé died in a tragic accident, so did her hope of finding love.

Seth Stutzman arrived in Hope Falls days before the storm. And when he helps usher Katie and the children to s...more
Rhonda
Brush of An Angel's Wings by Ruth Reid Review

What a sweet sweet book this one is!!! I love Amish fiction and this one is quite unique as Ruth Reid includes angels surrounding the main characters and guiding them.....one a guardian angel and one a fallen angel trying to convict the main characters to doubt God and abandon faith in Him. Rachel and Joshua have many obstacles in their way. Rachel is not your typical Amish maiden. She is not a good cook....her stitches aren't always even in her sewi...more
Karen Rae
I received this book free through Goodreads First Reads.I have not read any Amish books so was very happy to have this opportunity.I was pleasantly surprised to see the Pennsylvania Dutch Glossary at the beginning of the book. I enjoyed the fact that the author brought Christian and Amish aspects together which gave a nice blend to the story, including the interaction of the angels with the characters in the book. The author depicts the simple life where "material things" are not important. She...more
Mary
Brush of Angel Wings by Ruth Reid

20 year old Rachel thinks that she'll never get married and has never been courted. She carries guilt about her brother's death, who died because she had left the gate to the goat pen open because she was in a hurry to get her chores done. Jordan, whos mother was a shunned Amish woman, moved to the community to live with his uncle after his mother's death, is hired by Rachel's father to do most of the work Rachel was doing so she could focus on learning to cook a...more
Kristin
‘Brush of Angel's Wings’ by Ruth Reid is possibly the best book I've
read this year. Written by a relatively new author, I was a little
scared to read this book, however, I was very pleasantly surprised.
This book isn't your typical Amish book. It is a mixture of two
genres, Amish Fiction and Angel Fiction that makes this book very
interesting.

In this book we meet two Angels, the good Angel, Nathaniel and the
evil fallen Angel Tangus who is constantly provoking Nathaniel's
wards, Rachel and Jordan. Rac...more
Raya Whitehouse
I finished the book a while ago, but couldn't get near the computer for a bit, till today. I kept my notes on the book in my cell, so i wouldn't forget what to write
about from within the novel.

So the book has a Dutch glossary in the beginning which really helps out with certain words, though most are pretty straight forward just spelled differently, there are a few which if it didn't have this you would have to try and guess at their meanings.

Rachel is a 20 year old woman and has never been cou...more
Jan Drexler
In Brush of Angel’s Wings, Ruth Reid’s second book in her “Heaven on Earth” series, we are treated to the story of Rachel Hartzler, a young Amish woman who doesn’t fit comfortably into her Michigan Amish community’s expectations. She meets a young man, Jordan Engles, who is only planning to stay with his Amish uncle for a short time to fulfill a promise made to his dying mother before he rejoins the English world.

When Rachel’s father hires Jordan to help out on the farm, Rachel has to face feeli...more
Title: BRUSH OF ANGEL’S WINGS
Author: Ruth Reid
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
June 2012
ISBN: 978-1595547897
Genre: Inspirational/Amish/spiritual warfare

He doesn’t plan to stay Amish… She doesn’t have a plan….

Rachel Hartzler is a buggy racing champion, a field hand, and a terrible cook—everything an Amish woman is not supposed to be. Rachel is grieving the loss of her brother, and desperate to be the son her father needs—but is rejected by all possible suitors for her tomboyish traits.

Jordan Engles is En...more
Marianne
I just finished this amazing novel, Brush of Angels Wings by Ruth Reid last night. These characters will live on in my imagination for a long time. Rachel and Jordan are typical young adults dealing with the hard issues of death of a sibling/parent, regrets, parent relationships and faith. The part that made this novel so amazing in my mind is the addition of Nathaniel and Tangus, both angels, one (Nathaniel) the bright angel, and Tangus the dark one. Some authors would direct the words of the a...more
Kassandra
May 30, 2012 Kassandra rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: To anyone who loves reading Amish books
Recommended to Kassandra by: Myself
Brush of Angel's Wings

I enjoyed reading about Rachel and Jordan's bickering events. Rachel was such a strong willed women. I was extremely surprised to discover that she liked to race buggies against men. Jordan was an interesting character, since he was half Amish and an Englisher. I continued to read the book because I wanted to find out why Jordan's mother was shunned away from her Amish community. I also wanted to see Jordan open to Rachel and make up his mind about deciding if he was going...more
Abbie
4.5 Stars

Rachel is the last unmarried daughter and with the death of her only brother two years earlier she feels the reasonability to help her father in the barn and fields and she enjoys it more then doing woman's work in the house. Her parents are worried that she is not going to find a husband if she is not working at improving her cooking and sewing skills. Her father hires Jordan who is not Amish but living with his Amish uncle for a while as his mom who had grown up Amish asked him right...more
Wendy
Rachel Hartzler does not fit in her Amish community, she likes to race her horse and buggy beating the boys, she can't cook or sew like normal Amish girls, and is resigned that she will be a leddich maydel. Two years ago she was encouraged to find the Angel that Judith Fischer talked to by Kate Bender who happened to be engaged to Rachel's brother James. In her haste to go to the river, she didn't get the gate shut to the sheep pen and some got out. James was trying to catch the sheep and drowne...more
Barb Klein
“Brush of Angel’s Wings” by Ruth Reid was a different kind of Amish novel. Rachel Hartzler makes her parents despair of her every marrying because she cannot cook, cannot keep house, in fact she really doesn’t like the fact that all Amish women are supposed to be domesticated and able to care for a husband and family. She would rather muck out the barn and plow a field with her father. However, she is of the age when she should become a young lady and not a farm hand.

Rachel’s father hires a youn...more
Ashley
This is a Heaven On Earth Novel.

The youngest and last unmarried of four sisters, Rachel Hartzler spends most of her time helping with barn chores. But when her father hires Jordan Engles to help on the farm, Rachel's role abruptly changes. As if it wasn't enough that she's been displaced as her father's right hand, Rachel's father seems to be treating Jordan as part of the family.

As Jordan takes on brotherly roles around the house, like escorting Rachel to the youth singing, the hostility betwee...more
Amy Bradsher
Rachel is not a typical Amish girl, and this is not your typical Amish book! While the Amish vs. English romance has been done before, the drama that Reid writes into the story takes this book far deeper than most. What really makes it stand out, however, and what kept me up late reading is the parallel story. The Bible says that we do not fight against what we can see, and Reid makes this evident through paragraphs inserted into the action of this story that describe what is happening in a more...more
Glenajo
Sweet Amish Story of Forgiveness and Redemption

Rachel Hartzler was never like the other Amish girls, then brother died last year, and she still feels guilty. She tried to fill his place on her father’s farm, but now her father hired Jordan Engles to assist with the work. Rachel feels pushed aside, but then her heart is attracted to his. The depth of this romance grows with the inclusion of some spiritual warfare, as angels battle for souls, and difficult family struggles.

The discussions between...more
Lindsay
This was fun to read and see that an angel speaks in this book. It there to help two people. It was sweet to see the two angels battle in the book. The funny things they do to get the two people to listen. I really like it with Jordan that he get different things.

It was kinda different for Rachel. Though Rachel need to understand what happened to her brother and learn about forgiving. You would be surprise with all the things that happen and what comes of it.
Jami
Brush of Angel's Wings is the first book I've read by Ruth Reid. Ruth did a wonderful job in capturing the qualities of the characters in this novel, and at times had me chuckling, feeling frustrated, and even in tears. This is a novel that will evoke emotion, and that tells me that the writing is good--and unique! http://jamisreviews.blogspot.com/2012...
April Suter
Rachel is learning to deal with her brother's death but is very upset when her father hires Jordan
to help on their Michigan Amish farm. She feels her father is replacing her help on the farm and James' place in his heart. The Angel, Nathaniel, is right there for Jordan and Rachel to find their walk with God while Tangus keeps trying to cause trouble and give them a push to the wrong path.
354 pages
David Santos
This was a struggle. A very slow book for me and the tone was a bit too serious for my taste and the characters are a tad borish. I found myself skipping pages and chapters. Which probably made matters worse. It is well written. I'll give it that and much respect to the author for the time she put jnto the book. I'm sure it is very good but right now it couldnt keep my attention.
Heather
I was actually very impressed with this book and this new author! The book was extremely well written and the information provided about the book was great. This can easily be read over a weekend at the beach but I recommend savoring it especially if you are not all that familiar with Amish history/custom like I was not. The author does provide a wonderful guide for that in the book.
TheRLPL Rice Lake Public Library
Patron Review:
Very good. Kept my interest all the way through. Loved the inspiration spiritual message in it.
Jo Linsdell
Brush with Angel's Wings was the quick, easy read I expected it to be. With love, death, friendship, and struggles between good and evil this book contains a lot of food for thought. If you like Amish fiction or books about angels this book is for you.
Nicole
I loved the references to our local area and the story was sweet. I didn't discover until half way through that it was second in a trilogy. the good news is the story stands alone and I wasn't lost at all.
Lori Weller
Excellent read. Depicting good and bad( angels versus satan). Th story line depicted a typical Amish family's trials and tribulations on a daily basis. I would recommend it to anyone.
Kathleen Almeida barnes
My first book with Amish characters. I appreciated the interaction of angel and devil in affecting the characters as they faced the tragedies and joys in their lives.
Tina
What a good story!
Pulls from Satan and God in everyday life issues.
Following the heart and faith.

My favorite part in the book was with the calf.
Katie
I really liked the book. I thought it was as good as the last one in the series. Can't wait to read the next one.
Nina
This was a really good book. A great quick read for me. Can't wait until Ruth puts out another book!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
More about Ruth Reid...
The Promise of an Angel (Heaven On Earth, #1) A Miracle of Hope (The Amish Wonders, #1) An Angel by Her Side (Heaven On Earth #3) Always His Providence: An Amish Miracle Novella Hey Everyone! Teens Love Miracles: God's Answer For Tearaway Teenagers