Start by marking “Bodyguard” as Want to Read:
Bodyguard

Bodyguard

3.93  ·  Rating Details ·  3,668 Ratings  ·  93 Reviews
YOU CAN LOOK . . .

Threatened by underworld boss Michael Trotta, Alessandra Lamont is nearly blown to pieces in a mob hit. The last thing she wants is to put what's left of her life into the hands of the sexy, loose-cannon federal agent who seems to look right through her yet won't let her out of his sight.

BUT YOU BETTER NOT TOUCH . . .

FBI agent Harry O'Dell's ex-wife and
Published December 7th 1999 by Fawcett (first published December 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Bodyguard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bodyguard

Amarilli Settantatre
Mar 18, 2014 Amarilli Settantatre rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
da www.sognipensieriparole.com

Il primo istinto, quando ho letto la fascetta (Lei è in pericolo di vita, lui la sua guardia del corpo, il vero rischio l’amore) è stato quello di pensare a una trama fritta e rifritta, e confesso che ero lievemente prevenuta.
Invece no, fermi tutti.
Questo “Bodyguard” è una boccata d’aria fresca, con una interessante coppia di agenti FBI (di cui uno, ancora innamorato dell’ex-moglie, a capo della sua stessa squadra, e l’altro, non troppo alto e massiccio, che sembra
Erin
Feb 13, 2009 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This book was published before the Troubleshooters series, so I had low expectations going into it, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Harry O'Dell is a great character. I love that he's not the typical romance hero: he's not particularly attractive (at least at first), he's gruff and curses a lot, he's kind of an asshole. (I was thinking that he was kind of a proto-Sam Starrett from the Troubleshooters series; there are enough similarities that I made the comparison, but they're different enough,
Shea
Apr 27, 2009 Shea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I usually really like Suzanne Brockmann novels but as Randy Jackson would say this one was just "awright." The characters were okay and I didn't develop affection for them like I usually do for her characters. The story seemed to lack depth and was more predictable than her Troubleshooter stories. I had trouble with the fact that one of the villians was named "Griffin" but that is my own hang up since that is my son's name. I wouldn't recommend this one.
Brittany B.
Mar 24, 2012 Brittany B. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who don't mind a less than perfect hero.
3.5 to 4 stars

I liked this book, but it wasn't that memorable. Actually the book and the heroine were memorable, but the "hero" was kind of a short, messy, loser. He's a good cop, but as a love interest and as someone with an estranged family, he's can be lacking. (especially with his family)

I did like this and struggled to give it less than 4 stars. The plot and the romance are pretty juicy.

Recommended.
Marblezzie (Blez)
Dec 26, 2010 Marblezzie (Blez) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I really liked Harry O'Dell! He's crazy all right, but a gorgeous crazy and funny man! And I think Sarcasm is his middle name! I found myself laughing at his every sarcastic comment to Alessandra Lamont! And they're so aware of each other; they’d spontaneously combust if they didn’t do something about it soon!
Linda
BODYGUARD is simple romance escapism and I liked it. The hero, Harry O'Dell, works for the F.B.I. He doesn't look perfect: large nose, thin lips, but full of muscles. He is fortyish in age, wears rumpled clothes, has a potty-mouth, his fuse is short and he has made a royal mess of his relationship with his kids. Oh, and he is not tall. In fact, just slightly taller than the heroine, Alessandra Lamont, if she doesn't wear heels. Or Al, as Harry likes to call her.

Now she is a different story. Blo
Kelli
First of all I love flawed characters. Second of all I really loved these flawed characters. I love that the hero wasn't perfect and that maybe the heroine wasn't either. Together though they were a forced to be reckoned with. My favorite part though was that this wasn't some wham bam love story where the couple falls in love in a couple days but that it was this budding friendship, obviously one full of lust but a budding friendship none-the-less, that evolved into something so much more, so mu ...more
Darcy
I have to say that most of the plot to this book I could see a mile away, but the characters were so much fun that it didn't matter.

Harry was so serious stuck in his crap. You really just wanted to yell at him, telling him to get over it, or at least deal with it. I was glad when Allie did just that. And Allie, she changed so much over the book. Not very likable at first, but the more her life spun out of control the more she lost who she was and became someone you wanted to be friends with.

I fe
comfort
Jan 09, 2011 comfort rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lilly ~ Lihllith~
Michelle
Jan 13, 2015 Michelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
First, I'll reiterate as I have in other reviews of Brockmann's books, I LOVE her books and her writing. This one was painful for me to finish, mostly because I wanted to throw it across the room so many times!! It's the story of FBI agent Harry O'Dell who is trying to protect Alessandra Lamont from an underworld boss. The premise was good, the characters...not so much. It's been awhile since I've actually HATED a heroine!
(view spoiler)
Lara
May 06, 2014 Lara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Manuela Dicati
Beh, lo potrei definire la fiera degli equivoci. I due protagonisti Alessandra ed Harry mi sono piaciuti abbastanza, lei più di lui eppure è mancato qualcosa. La storia è carina, il sentimento che nasce tra i due pure ma odio quando tutta la vicenda si basa sull'incapacità dei personaggi di comunicare. Posso capire se avviene tra i due protagonisti, ma insomma in questo libro non c'è un solo personaggio che non abbia paura di dire ciò che prova e al contrario continua a supporre di sapere ciò ch ...more
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
3 e 1/2
"Allie gli tese una mano. «Ti sei già buttato giù da un burrone con me, oggi. Forza, Harry. Saltiamo di nuovo insieme.» Harry rise. E le prese la mano. E la baciò. Cadere non era mai stato così bello."

La Brockmann è un'autrice molto apprezzata in campo romance suspance, perciò non ho ancora ben capito se il mio mancato feeling con lei sia dovuto ad un gusto personale o semplicemente al fatto che le opere pubblicate da noi non sono i suoi migliori lavori! XD Il nostro eroe, l'agente dell'
Yukino
Feb 12, 2014 Yukino rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: miei, 2014
Libro davvero coinvolgente. lei Alessandra bella ricca, sta divorziando..ma scopre che il marito le ha lasciato solo debiti e soprattutto scopre dopo la sua morte che ha rubato dei soldi ad un boss. Quest'ultimo ora cerca lei..
Lui Harry agente dell' FBI trasandato, con una vita complicata (moglie e figlio morti per colpa dello stesso boss che tampina Alessandra) e con due figli nascosti da qualche parte e che ora cerca vendetta.

Si incontrano e ne succedono delle belle. Storia intrecciata..piena
keikohuchica
Feb 03, 2014 keikohuchica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
un RS che ha tutte le qualità per essere un ottimo libro... Ci sono i protagonisti ben descritti e sviluppati con delle personalità talmente ben strutturate da sembrare vivi... niente super eroi niente uomini fantascientifici...Il protagonista Harry è un uomo normale non un ideale d'uomo, vero contraddittorio, debole e forte nello stesso tempo incasinato perchè a volte troppo umano... Allie dopo essere stata una moglie trofeo, prende consapevolezza di se lasciando indietro poco a poco l'armatura ...more
Leslie Mesmer
I have been a fan of Suzanne Brockmann for years so when I saw a book I had not read of hers I was thrilled. Unfortunately, this must have been one of her earlier books because it was just ok.I'll admit, I hated Harry to begin with actually up to page 103 ( yes, I looked) there was nothing like able about him.
Alessandra came across as a complete airhead without a working brain cell for most of the book. Yes, it was explained why she dumbed herself down but it still did not make her warm and lo
Manuela
Si intravedono le caratteristiche peculiari della Brockmann, ma ancora non è, comprensibilmente, l'autrice matura della serie Troubleshooters.
L'inizio è esaltante, l'alternarsi di scene e situazioni rende la lettura scorrevole ed adrenalinica. Nella parte centrale, quella in cui comincia la copertura, l'adrenalina scende un po' e la narrazione arranca. La storia d'amore e il rapporto di Harry con i figli sono affrontati con la giusta profondità; ad essere carente è la parte suspence, che non è e
Andrea
Aug 05, 2015 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suzanne Brockmann is a great storyteller with lots of excitement for the FBI agent and father, Harry O'Dell and the barren widow, Alessandra Lamont. The intensity and flaws of the hero and the optimism and mettle of the heroine makes for relatable characters. Bodyguard is a great read. I hope we can get another story, even a novella, between Sean O'Dell and Mindy McGregor.
HK
Jan 09, 2016 HK rated it liked it
Kaetrin
Mar 02, 2013 Kaetrin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was originally released in December 1999 - who knew leggings would make a comeback by now? It is somewhat dated - $1 million isn't worth as much now as it was then (cue Dr. Evil music). I read the book a few years ago and I remember it fondly as one of my top 2 Brockmanns (the other one being Heart Throb). Would it stand up on a return visit? Would the audio version work for me? MacDuffie is a very experienced narrator but it was the first time I'd listened to her work. She reminded me ...more
PepperP0t
The hardest to wrap my brain around here was the hero. The heroine and the story itself (actually both major threads) were very good. Harry O’Dell is a federal agent tasked with helping to hide fabulously beautiful ex-trophy wife Alessandra Lamont while on the run from a powerful organized crime boss. Harry seemed rather whiny and not quite worthy of the title, I liked that he had so many layered issues those things made him interesting. However his single-mindedness worked against those layers, ...more
Bronwyn Rykiert
Jan 10, 2011 Bronwyn Rykiert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, audiobook
Allessandra Lamont was a beautiful trophy wife. Her life changed when her husband a mafia minion, Griffen divorced her and she received a phone call to hand over the $1 million dollars that her ex had stolen from his Mafia boss Michael Trotter. Allessandra found the money under the one item that Griffen wanted from their divorce settlement.

Loose-cannon FBI agent Harry O’Dell, wants revenge on Trotter because he was responsible for the death of his wife and son – he has put his life on hold for t
LaFleurBleue
Strong hesitation between 3 and 4 - I would really settle for 3.5 if it was possible
The introduction to the H/h is nicely done, mostly through scenes showing their characteristics rather than description. I especially liked that of Harry. The first encounters between Harry and Alessandra, and their respective feelings about it were also a success.
The overall plot is quite good, with a few clues given here and there that I did not necessarily notice but which came back later and definitely made s
Monique Atgood
Apr 01, 2012 Monique Atgood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lilyth
Nov 10, 2014 Lilyth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kira
Sep 13, 2016 Kira rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Erkk...I love Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooter series but not this one. The heroine, Alessandra Lammont seemed to only care about her hair, clothes and make up rather than her own safety.
Why do you care about your fancy clothes when there's some one wanting to plant a bullet in your head? Her character was too shallow and I just don't like it. I read the first two chapters and decided to stop reading this book. Too boring.
Emily Higgins
Feb 16, 2016 Emily Higgins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspence, romance
More suspense than romance. Alessandra Lamont has the mob trying to kill her. Harry O'Dell and a team of FBI agents are using her as bait to try to get to the mob boss. However, the FBI seems to mess up each time they try. Harry leaves town with Allie to attempt to resolve personal issues with his family, hoping the mob won't be able to trace them. Will he be able to keep Allie safe?
Iris Blobel
I’ve got to say, trusting my friend who’s given me “Infamous” by Suzanne Brockmann (which I’m still reading) I kind of expected more from this one.

The plot sounded interesting, though overused. The story’s downfall was –in my opinion- the characters, which were boring or in the case of Alessandra plain annoying.

Plot is very simple: Alessandra was married to a Mafia guy who was murdered and now the underworld boss Trotter wants her dead as well. FBI Agent Harry O’Dell is supposed to protect her a
Debbie
I'm a relative newcomer to the genre of romance and this is the second book of Brockmann's that I've read, the first being Heartthrob and I can see similarities in the two plots. Guy meets girl, guys gets girl, guy loses girl through some stupidity on his part, guy gets girl again, and then the book ends very quickly.
Other than that slight annoyance was the fact that the ending of the book seemed to resolve too neatly. Once the resolution came about, I felt it came about too quickly and that it
  • Into the Dark (The Bodyguards, #6)
  • Too Far Gone (SEAL Team 12, #6)
  • All the Queen's Men (CIA Spies, #2)
  • Crazy Cool (Steele Street, #2)
  • Kiss and Tell (T-FLAC, #2)
  • Terms of Engagement (Alpha Squad #2)
  • Then You Hide (Bullet Catcher, #5)
  • No Escape (Delta Force, #3)
Suzanne Brockmann was born in 1960. Married with Ed Gaffney, a lawyer and published writer. They have two grown children: Melanie, who is a personal trainer and author, and Jason, who is an actor and tap dancer. They divide their time between Boston, Massachusetts, Sarasota, Florida and New York City.

Published since 1993, Suzanne is widely recognized as one of the leading voices in suspense romanc
More about Suzanne Brockmann...

“When you sit that way, you look kind of like a beach ball with a head,” he continued. “Your haircut is really, really bad, I’m probably going to lose my job for helping you this way, and I’m dying to fuck you.”

He glanced at her. “That honest enough for you?”
24 likes
“He moved into the left lane, rolled down his window, and tossed all of Alessandra’s new clothes and her shoe out of the car. “Oh, my God!” She spun in her seat, watching as her clothes hit the ground seventy-five miles an hour, getting caught in the brush. “Oh, my God!” She stared at him, aghast. “Why did you do that? Are you completely out of your mind?” 0 likes