Start by marking “Creepy Comics Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Creepy Comics Volume 1

Creepy Comics Volume 1 (Creepy Comics)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  4 reviews
What's that huge, terrifying thing clawing its way onto your bookshelf? It's the biggest, bloodiest, most creepy collection of new terror tales you'll find this year Creepy Comics Volume 1 gathers all of the new material from the first two years of Dark Horse's celebrated new Creepy series and collects it into one gargantuan book This 184-page monstrosity features a spellb ...more
Published June 14th 2011 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about Creepy Comics Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creepy Comics Volume 1

Stephen
When I think Creeeeeeepy, the first image is always the same:
Photobucket

Yes, CLOWNS!. Clowns scare my bladder empty and shatter my will to live and I’m yet to find one that doesn’t send my gonads screaming up into my solar plexus. And don’t talk to me about tiny, itty bitty clowns because they are even worse.

Photobucket

Given my extreme, but perfectly justified, coulrophobia (that’s right, clown fear has a name), I was a tad disappointed that Volume 1 of the revamped Creepy series wasn’t sporting any of the demonic
Phil Zimmerman
I was somewhat worried that the continuation of the Creepy series would be some cheesy ode to the original magazine with weak stories and rehashes. This could not be further from the truth.

The first thing I noticed is how awesome the artists are! Each story has a completely different style and it is far more varied than the sixties issues.

The stories are also much more varied with two multi-part stories, a couple Nazi stories, and no Frankenstein or Dracula stories! These generic story plots pl
Mark
When I reserved this at the library, I thought it was a reprinting of the "Creepy" mags. from the 1960's. It turned out to be a collection of a new version of the magazine that is now being published by Dark Horse.

The writing and illustration has a more contemporary feel (logically), and it is much more graphically gory than the earlier version of "Creepy"... more of a successor to the old EC comics "Vault of Horror" and "Tales From The Crypt" in that regard.

It's worth a look if you have an in
Jeff S.
What's better than Angelo Torres and Berni Wrightson??? Nothing! That's the answer. Many of the stories are great, there are always 1 or 2 cliche stories, but all in all, the "new" Creepy stories are well written and incredibly inked. This is a collection for all retro horror fans.
Jakub
Jakub marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Tim Linder
Tim Linder marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Lu-anna Banana
Lu-anna Banana marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Kevin
Kevin added it
Dec 27, 2014
Mike Jozic
Mike Jozic marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Roanna
Roanna marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Aaron Ingram
Aaron Ingram marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Javier Calderon
Javier Calderon marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Muti Onu
Muti Onu marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
harlequin {Stephanie}
harlequin {Stephanie} marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
mariuszdaniel
mariuszdaniel marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Shawna Gore is an editor at Dark Horse where she has worked on such titles as the Creepy, Eerie, Herbie Archives, The Cleaners, and more.
More about Shawna Gore...

Creepy Comics (2 books)
  • Creepy Comics Volume 2: At Death's Door
Creepy Archives, Vol. 1 Eerie Archives, Vol. 1 Creepy Archives, Vol. 2 Creepy Archives, Vol. 3 Eerie Archives, Vol. 2