Start by marking “Practical Shamanism: A Guide for Walking in Both Worlds” as Want to Read:
Practical Shamanism: A Guide for Walking in Both Worlds

Practical Shamanism: A Guide for Walking in Both Worlds

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  7 reviews
There are worlds of healing, protection, and insight available to you just beyond ordinary reality. The knowledge to simply, powerfully journey to these worlds, to connect with your spirit guides, to build a vision of yourself as healthy, intuitive and psychically alive, is within this book. Whether you are just beginning to seek a truer and more meaningful existence, or y ...more
Published September 15th 2006 by Hands over Heart

To ask other readers questions about Practical Shamanism, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Practical Shamanism

Weatherup boasts that she isn't into "spiritual machismo," but I suppose I am then, because I didn't find her approach very substantial. It's a New Age philosophy that borrows ancient motifs and repackages them as a low risk, feel-good, made-for-anyone practice. I'm cool with getting everyone into meditation and lucid dreaming and loving relations with nature, but call that what it is. It is a part, but NOT the entirety, of "shamanism" -- which, admittedly, is already an umbrella term but is bec ...more
This is a fabulous book for anyone who wishes to learn how to work with the spirit world directly, and practically. She truly understands that we are both human and spirit, and we DO have to walk in both worlds for a satisfying life. I love the way she explains practical how-to's to journey and connect with spirit. The drum CD included is a super awesome bonus! It makes journey work so much easier!
Mary K
As a primer on how to journey into non-ordinary reality, I couldn't really recommend any gentler, friendlier book. I have also talked with Katie and taken a few of her classes--I think that really speaks to how much I enjoyed this book.
I really loved this book. It's an enjoyable read, easy to understand, and full of tools that I still use regularly, even though I first read the book probably at least 5-6 years ago.
I really liked the book even though it's pretty New Age-y. It is very practical, with a lot of good ideas about what you can journey on to heal your life. The writing is very compassionate and healing in itself. There's a lot of love in this, plus a lot of real life experience. That's a nice combination. I suggest buying this with Shamanism as a Spiritual Practice for Daily Life and Ecoshamanism, so you'll have a variety of well written sources from different backgrounds to study.
It's the worst book I've read so far regarding Shamanism. I regret spending money and wasting my time for this book.
Roger Marlow
Absolutely beautifully written book. Highly recommended.
Ronald Clarke
Ronald Clarke marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Hols marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Norena McMeel
Norena McMeel marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Jessie marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Shirley Keeton
Shirley Keeton marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Bridget marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Kevin Symanietz
Kevin Symanietz is currently reading it
Jan 02, 2015