Start by marking “Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1)” as Want to Read:
Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1)

Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves #1)

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  26,748 Ratings  ·  2,212 Reviews
Jacque Pierce was just an ordinary 17-year-old girl getting ready to start her senior year in high school in Coldspring, Texas. When a mysterious foreign exchange student from Romania moves in across the street, Jacque and her two best friends, Sally and Jen, don't realize the last two weeks of their summer are going to get a lot more interesting.

From the moment Jacque se
Published June 29th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Prince of Wolves, please sign up.

Alice Parker There are seven other books in this series, the second book is called Blood Rites and I highly recommend reading the continuing seven books. All in…moreThere are seven other books in this series, the second book is called Blood Rites and I highly recommend reading the continuing seven books. All in all there are eight books in this series the last one is Luna of Mine (less)
Mihaela Manea The story is very interesting and the plot very captivating and it actually convinced me to buy the second volume, but it's very disappointing to see…moreThe story is very interesting and the plot very captivating and it actually convinced me to buy the second volume, but it's very disappointing to see how the author used Romanian language, my mother tongue, with such big grammar mistakes in a published book.(less)
Prince of Wolves by Quinn LoftisUnEnchanted by Chanda HahnThe Fallen Star by Jessica SorensenThe Mind Readers by Lori BrightonHollowland by Amanda Hocking
FREE Ebooks For Teens
1st out of 486 books — 1,045 voters
Prince of Wolves by Quinn LoftisShiver by Maggie StiefvaterBlood Rites by Quinn LoftisNightshade by Andrea CremerLinger by Maggie Stiefvater
Werewolves
1st out of 673 books — 1,040 voters

More lists with this book...

Shelly Crane
Feb 08, 2012 Shelly Crane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-books
Ok.....holy canoly!!!!!! I freaking loved this book!

The book was fantastic. The pace was perfect. The language of Jen and her friends was realistic and hilarious. The secondary characters were just as fun and interesting, especially Sorin. I want good things for him b/ c he's loyal and has potential to be a yummy guy. And the main characters were fabulous. In truth, there were times when I wanted Jen to be a little more serious, but still, she was funny.

And Fane, Fane, Fane. I want you to clai
Jackie
Jan 10, 2014 Jackie rated it did not like it
When i first saw this book, i had high expectations but it turns out, this book was a disappointment. On the first few pages i knew this book wasn't going to be good as i expected and turns out i was right. I had also read the summary of Prince of Wolves which also got me into reading this book and thought it would be really good.

Prince of Wolves is filled with action, romance and friendship. When a foreign exchange student moves next door. Jacque feels a connection and both Fane and Jacque are
Grace
Oh My God!!! I don't know where to start with this book. There were so many things wrong with this book. I got about 1/3 of the way through before I had to either stop reading or repeatedly slam my head against a solid brick wall.

1) Loftis is constantley switching POV throughout the book... even within the same paragraph. This SERIOUSLY irritates me. I'm fine with having different POVs but when they are in the same paragraph it is beyond annoying.

2) Instead of swear words, symbols are used inste
Daiane
Jan 23, 2016 Daiane rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
DNF 20%

Unpopular opinion time! Sorry to the people who gave this 4+ stars for this book. As for me it was just too painful to read. Really, too painful.
Jude
Dec 04, 2013 Jude rated it it was ok

"Nom Nom Nom Nom"

The book was about werewolfs and it had a great premise - Awesome! The book is free on Amazon - Double Awesome! The characters were annoying... errr, not so awesome.

Do not get scared, they weren't unbearable characters or anything, in fact, in the beginning I liked them a lot, Jaque and her friends were pretty cool and all of them had a unique sense of humor and very creative ways of talking. They would always have a smart-ass reply and they would also always find humor in the m
Tadiana ✩ Night Owl☽
There's a decent teen paranormal romance novel trying to break through the fanfic writing here but, Houston, we have a problem. Luckily for all of you, I have the solution!

This is a simple quiz question for you loyal denizens of GR. Here's a sample of a few lines from the very first page of Prince of Wolves. (Trust me, I have very carefully transcribed it, including the punctuation. Or lack thereof.) Please read it and answer the multiple choice question below:
Wow, I mean wow, is all Jacque cou
Chantelle
Jun 20, 2013 Chantelle rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: NO ONE
Shelves: horcrux, reviewed, dnf
Goodreads. I trusted your ratings, and you betrayed me.

Apparently this "novel" is a "newly revised and edited version of Prince of Wolves."

HAH! Good joke! Either Goodreads has a sense of humour... or the term "edited" is used extremely loosely.

This is my explanation why!

See the full review here

In my eyes, Quinn Loftis is a teacher. I wholeheartedly do not believe that anyone else could've given me a clearer lesson, on why we should not judge a book by it's cover.

To all my fellow kindred spiri
Ellen
I have to say that I was absolutely delighted when I began to read this book. At the time of purchase I had not heard anything about this book or about Quinn, but the title and cover just caught my eye. Needless to say, I fell in love with the book, the characters, and Quinn Loftis has become one of my most favorite authors. I love Jacque, Jen, and Sally, and the chemistry and humor that flows between them. I found myself laughing out loud numerous times, especially at Jen's snarky remarks. I lo ...more
Nara
I apologise in advance for the ranting that will be included in this review. Hell, the entire review is a rant. Not a good one either.

First, let's get this out of the way. This book is an absolute monstrosity. This book is probably the worst book I have ever read. This book is probably one of the worst books ever written. Books like this should not be allowed to exist. How I felt when I realised I had wasted good minutes of my life reading Prince of Wolves:

description

There are so many problems with this bo
Roxanne
Jan 08, 2012 Roxanne rated it did not like it
As a sixteen year old reading this book, I found it very difficult to connect with the characters of this book who are of similar age. The characterization was all too unrealistic. The unending snarky comments of Jacque made her seem excessive. Her sass was endearing at first, but it got overrated after the first quarter of the book. I also hated the extreme amount of informal and colloquial language used by the three girls. IT WAS OVERRATED. The whole time I was thinking, "Gosh, do we actually ...more
Jodie
Jun 26, 2012 Jodie rated it it was amazing
I wish I could give this book 50 Stars!!!!

This books is the bees knees, the best thing since sliced bread, the bomb, whatever you want to call it, it was the best book. Now, it was light and fluffy and maybe not your thing, but I freakin loved it. Best.Book.Ever! There was not one thing I didn't love about this book (except now I have to wait until the end of November for the next one to come out).

It was only 99c from Amazon. It sounded good, but I have to admit I wasn't expecting awesome thin
Cole Morgenstern
Mar 12, 2012 Cole Morgenstern rated it it was amazing
Kristy
OK I loved the story. I really got into it, but the dialogue was really annoying sometimes, and corny. I got so tired of Jacque and her friend's comments. I think it sounds like the characters are trying too hard to be funny. Sarcasm is funny in small doses, but it seemed like every conversation Jacque had to make a sarcastic comment, and she came off sounding kind of snotty. She didn't seem mature enough for Fane. I kept cringing when Fane's father, the ALPHA, was explaining things and Jacque's ...more
Katy
Sep 25, 2011 Katy rated it did not like it
I really thought this was going to be a good book, seeing how the summary was so interesting and people have been rating it pretty high. I'm not sure why. The plot had promise. I thought this book was going to have some intense romantic scenes (not as in sex, but as in chemistry) and some real action. Again, I was wrong.

I thought the characters in this book were BEYOND annoying. I didn't care of Jacque. I usually love fiesty characters with a temper and a sarcastic sense of humor. But she was ju
Jul 17, 2012 Jennifer rated it did not like it
When I saw the description of this book I was excited to read it. I will say I liked the story and it's idea. However, I didn't like the dialogue. It sounded corny, forced, and like something an inexperienced or fanfiction writer would write. I am not insulting fanfiction writers or the author in any sense but to me it sounded a little amateur when it came to how the characters interacted. It sometimes seemed as if they were trying to hard to be funny or sarcastic.

I found that while some of the
Kitty (I solemnly swear that I am up to no good)
Well I began this book because it was recommended to me...and it was free.

However I was unfortunately unable to get past the half way mark, now I really am a very patient reader and have got through some ludicrously cheesy plots/bad writing in the past (ahem Cassandra Clare.) Maybe this book was just not for me...or it got me on the wrong day, or maybe I should have given it another chance? Or maybe at twenty five years of age I am far to old to be reading this boring drivel.

When does this get g
J.J.
Feb 13, 2012 J.J. rated it really liked it
So, I know some people often rate books based on how realistic the characters and/or the dialogue is and this series may seem a bit far-fetched at first glance. However, the dialogue (however true or untrue it may be to how teens communicate) made this book and the series! I was laughing out loud the entire time and I absolutely loved every single exchange between all the characters. I've already read the other two books in this series (I read them all in about 2 days since I enjoyed this one so ...more
Amy Dark Night Reads
Apr 18, 2012 Amy Dark Night Reads rated it it was amazing
www.the-book-diaries.blogsopt.com

This is my favorite series ever! I have read this twice already and could read it again.

Jacque is this ordinary girl that lives with her mother. She has two of the best friends ever, Sally and Jennifer. When a transfer student from Romania, Fane, moves in across the street, Jacque's world as she knows it is about to change. Fane is her mate, and better yet he is a prince! Better yet, he is not only a prince but a huge hunk of hotness werewolf. This story only get
Katie_la_geek
Nov 27, 2012 Katie_la_geek rated it did not like it
Shelves: ya
For this review and more check out my blog

You might want to take this review with a pinch of salt because I clearly didn’t see something that so many other people did. This book has a massive overall rating of 4.14 on Goodreads (at time of writing this review) I don’t want to be mean, or be seen as a bully but I honest cannot fathom how this book has such a high rating.

I had so many issues with this. Firstly the eBook was littered with mistakes that were completely distracting, I am generally p
Caroline
Jan 10, 2016 Caroline added it
Recommends it for: Nobody.
Recommended to Caroline by: my mother in law
Shelves: own, did-not-finish
Not yet done - will update upon completion (assuming I can make it to the end.....)

Written at 17% into the book:
This is just.... terrible. This is clearly a first draft that the author didn't even go back and re-read. But, 17% after only a couple of days indicates I can probably finish it and see if at least the story is worth reading past the terrible grammar, punctuation, repetition....

A couple of notes: Jacque's mother goes from being Lily on one page, to Lilly on the next page, and then BA
Nilufer
Mar 17, 2012 Nilufer rated it it was amazing
Goodness! That was just so freaking hilarious!
The book was perfect. The sloppy romance and the drama was slightly disturbing but Quinn Loftis' sense of humor almost covered everything. I laughed every freaking minute!!! Not to mention that Fane and Jacquelyn were awesome, Sally and Jen just made it holy amazing :)
What made me fall in love with POW:
Fane, Fane and Fane. Hottest, yummiest, heartbreaking werewolf. If he wasn't Jacque's true mate I'd have eaten him alive. Yeah, as Jen would have said
Daphne
Jan 16, 2012 Daphne rated it it was amazing
The Grey Wolves Series is giving me a KINDLE HANGOVER. Eyes are bloodshot in the morning...all worth it though.

If only I could pick the lottery with the same luck I have with books thus far.

This book brought sexy back for the werewolves. I just loved reading about Jacquelyn, Fane and the other characters that were plain funny. Jackelyn's girlfriends; Jennifer and Sally made me feel like I was back in Brooklyn with their sassy and witty self. Loyal friends that had their girls back.

At first it
Hannah
Nov 02, 2015 Hannah rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, it's these kind of books that make me wish I could live in a world where werewolves and other creatures existed, Fane is the perfect example of an awesome caring maybe a little over protective but still awesome boyfriend. I loved Jaqualyns character and her 2 best friends. JEN was hilarious!! All 3 of the girls were. Can't wait to get started on the second book.
Alexandra

No, no, no!

I was so excited for a Romanian character. And not just any character, but a werewolf. I tried not to cringe at his name, Fane. Quinn Loftis says Fane means prince. I ask her in what language because in Romanian, Fane is short for Stefan (Stephen). And it is mostly used for middle-aged men.

And why is the girl called Jacquelyn? Is she French?
How come she finds it so normal to hear voices? How come her friends just casually accept that? Take Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
Cari
Hey, Loftis? It's "duct tape", not "duck tape". *facepalm*

How in heaven does this have a 4+ rating?

*falls over laughing*

I'm giving this book two stars instead of the single one it deserves because it lands solidly in "so bad it's good" territory. Bad enough that I kept reading because I enjoyed making fun of it. Probably not a reason why an author wants an extra star for but so be it, she should've written a better book.

And oh my God, Prince of Wolves is ever so awful--laughably awful. I read th
Jody
Aug 30, 2011 Jody rated it it was amazing
Prince of Wolves is about soulmates and fated love. If you happen to be a hopeless romantic who loves the idea of finding your one and true mate, then this is the book for you. This is actually a large ebook being 1000+ pages on Nook but I was so invested in the story and characters that I read it in a day and a half. Jaque is a girl in a small town that is spying on the new foreign exchange student that is moving in across the street. As soon as he arrives, Fane is immediately drawn to Jaque an ...more
Katrina Gudgeon
Maybe werewolves just aren't really my thing, because it seems like every book I read about them is just really dissapointing. This had potential to be really good, but Jacque was such an annoying character, that it really ruined the whole book for me. The fact that she was never once freaked out by the fact that Fane could speak to her in her head still confuses me, and Fane was just as annoying as he was talking in another language half the time. I had a really tough time getting through this ...more
C.R. Sedore
All I can say is, don't read this book. I had high hopes for it and was completely let down. I just want to warn you these are the reasons not to read the book.

The main character is unrealistic and extremely annoying.

The story needs to be properly proofread.

The plot has holes.

The author tries too hard to sound like a teenager.

Delphina
Dec 12, 2011 Delphina rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I really enjoyed this book. The characters are fun and the story, while a bit predictable in spots, is so super fun! I love the world Quinn has created. It is far from any reality I live in and is a great place to escape to. The series gets even better with book two. I am completely hooked on the series!
Lisa
Mar 08, 2012 Lisa rated it liked it
MY RATING: 3.5 STARS

This book was a pretty good read. The writing was a little young (i.e. bleeping out swear words) and elementary; however, the storyline was good so it was easy to look past the same. Overall, it was an enjoyable read. I'll be reading the next book in the series.
  • Time Mends (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #2)
  • Blood Solstice (The Tale of Lunarmorte, #3)
  • Insider (Outsider, #2)
  • Verity (Cursed, #1)
  • Leopard Moon (Moon, #1)
  • Black Magic (Howl #4)
  • The Mystic Wolves (Mystic Wolves, #1)
  • Pride's Run (A Wolf's Pride, #1)
  • Earth (Elemental, #1)
  • A Chance for Charity (The Immortal Ones, #1)
  • The Binding (The Velesi Trilogy, #1)
  • Stained (Stained, #1)
  • Silver Moon (Silver Moon, #1)
  • Six Moon Summer (Seasons of the Moon, #1)
  • Valor (Greystone, #1)
  • Reviving Bloom (Bloom Daniels, #1)
Quinn is an award winning author who lives in beautiful Western Arkansas with her husband, three sons, Nora the Doberman, and Phoebe the Cat (who thinks she is a ninja in disguise). She is the author of thirteen novels, including the USA Today bestseller, Fate and Fury. Quinn is beyond thankful that she has been blessed to be able to write full time and hopes the readers know how much all of their ...more
More about Quinn Loftis...

The Grey Wolves (8 books)
  • Blood Rites (The Grey Wolves, #2)
  • Just One Drop (The Grey Wolves, #3)
  • Out of the Dark (The Grey Wolves, #4)
  • Beyond the Veil (The Grey Wolves, #5)
  • Fate and Fury (The Grey Wolves, #6)
  • Sacrifice of Love (The Grey Wolves, #7)
  • Luna of Mine (The Grey Wolves, #8)

“Alright then, I guess that’s settled,” Lilly said, then she turned to Fane, “Lay a paw on my little girl and you will be a three legged Lassie, got it?”
Fane winced and then asked, “You both do realize I’m a wolf not a dog right?”
305 likes
“When you say gorgeous,” Jen started, “are we talking Brad Pitt boyish good looks, or Johnny Depp make ya want to slap somebody?” “No, we’re talking Brad and Johnny need to bow down and recognize” Jacque answered.” 205 likes