Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1)

Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves #1)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  19,631 ratings  ·  1,813 reviews
Jacque Pierce was just an ordinary 17-year-old girl getting ready to start her senior year in high school in Coldspring, Texas. When a mysterious foreign exchange student from Romania moves in across the street, Jacque and her two best friends, Sally and Jen, don't realize the last two weeks of their summer are going to get a lot more interesting.

From the moment Jacque se...more
Published June 29th 2011

Prince of Wolves by Quinn LoftisShiver by Maggie StiefvaterBlood Rites by Quinn LoftisLinger by Maggie StiefvaterNightshade by Andrea Cremer
Werewolves
1st out of 528 books — 803 voters
Prince of Wolves by Quinn LoftisUnEnchanted by Chanda HahnThe Fallen Star by Jessica SorensenHollowland by Amanda HockingThe Mind Readers by Lori Brighton
FREE Ebooks For Teens
1st out of 387 books — 757 voters

More lists with this book...

Shelly Crane
Ok.....holy canoly!!!!!! I freaking loved this book!

The book was fantastic. The pace was perfect. The language of Jen and her friends was realistic and hilarious. The secondary characters were just as fun and interesting, especially Sorin. I want good things for him b/ c he's loyal and has potential to be a yummy guy. And the main characters were fabulous. In truth, there were times when I wanted Jen to be a little more serious, but still, she was funny.

And Fane, Fane, Fane. I want you to clai...more
Jackie
When i first saw this book, i had high expectations but it turns out, this book was a disappointment. On the first few pages i knew this book wasn't going to be good as i expected and turns out i was right. I had also read the summary of Prince of Wolves which also got me into reading this book and thought it would be really good.

Prince of Wolves is filled with action, romance and friendship. When a foreign exchange student moves next door. Jacque feels a connection and both Fane and Jacque are...more
Grace
Oh My God!!! I don't know where to start with this book. There were so many things wrong with this book. I got about 1/3 of the way through before I had to either stop reading or repeatedly slam my head against a solid brick wall.

1) Loftis is constantley switching POV throughout the book... even within the same paragraph. This SERIOUSLY irritates me. I'm fine with having different POVs but when they are in the same paragraph it is beyond annoying.

2) Instead of swear words, symbols are used inste...more
Jude

"Nom Nom Nom Nom"

The book was about werewolfs and it had a great premise - Awesome! The book is free on Amazon - Double Awesome! The characters were annoying... errr, not so awesome.

Do not get scared, they weren't unbearable characters or anything, in fact, in the beginning I liked them a lot, Jaque and her friends were pretty cool and all of them had a unique sense of humor and very creative ways of talking. They would always have a smart-ass reply and they would also always find humor in the m...more
Chantelle
Jun 20, 2013 Chantelle rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: NO ONE
Shelves: horcrux, reviewed, dnf
Goodreads. I trusted your ratings, and you betrayed me.

Apparently this "novel" is a "newly revised and edited version of Prince of Wolves."

HAH! Good joke! Either Goodreads has a sense of humour... or the term "edited" is used extremely loosely.

This is my explanation why!

See the full review here

In my eyes, Quinn Loftis is a teacher. I wholeheartedly do not believe that anyone else could've given me a clearer lesson, on why we should not judge a book by it's cover.

To all my fellow kindred spiri...more
Ellen
I have to say that I was absolutely delighted when I began to read this book. At the time of purchase I had not heard anything about this book or about Quinn, but the title and cover just caught my eye. Needless to say, I fell in love with the book, the characters, and Quinn Loftis has become one of my most favorite authors. I love Jacque, Jen, and Sally, and the chemistry and humor that flows between them. I found myself laughing out loud numerous times, especially at Jen's snarky remarks. I lo...more
Nara
I apologise in advance for the ranting that will be included in this review. Hell, the entire review is a rant. Not a good one either.

First, let's get this out of the way. This book is an absolute monstrosity. This book is probably the worst book I have ever read. This book is probably one of the worst books ever written. Books like this should not be allowed to exist. How I felt when I realised I had wasted good minutes of my life reading Prince of Wolves:

description

There are so many problems with this bo...more
Roxanne
As a sixteen year old reading this book, I found it very difficult to connect with the characters of this book who are of similar age. The characterization was all too unrealistic. The unending snarky comments of Jacque made her seem excessive. Her sass was endearing at first, but it got overrated after the first quarter of the book. I also hated the extreme amount of informal and colloquial language used by the three girls. IT WAS OVERRATED. The whole time I was thinking, "Gosh, do we actually...more
Written Portals
Jodie
I wish I could give this book 50 Stars!!!!

This books is the bees knees, the best thing since sliced bread, the bomb, whatever you want to call it, it was the best book. Now, it was light and fluffy and maybe not your thing, but I freakin loved it. Best.Book.Ever! There was not one thing I didn't love about this book (except now I have to wait until the end of November for the next one to come out).

It was only 99c from Amazon. It sounded good, but I have to admit I wasn't expecting awesome thin...more
Tadiana
There's a decent teen para-romance novel trying to break through the fanfic writing here but, Houston, we have a problem. So, I have a quiz for you loyal denizens of GR. Here's a sample of a few lines from the very first page of Prince of Wolves. Please read it and answer the multiple choice question below:

"Wow, I mean wow, is all Jacque could think. Jacque couldn't even imagine what his entire face must look like. He was tall, probably six foot one or so, his hair was jet black, it was longer o...more
Kristy
OK I loved the story. I really got into it, but the dialogue was really annoying sometimes, and corny. I got so tired of Jacque and her friend's comments. I think it sounds like the characters are trying too hard to be funny. Sarcasm is funny in small doses, but it seemed like every conversation Jacque had to make a sarcastic comment, and she came off sounding kind of snotty. She didn't seem mature enough for Fane. I kept cringing when Fane's father, the ALPHA, was explaining things and Jacque's...more
Katy
I really thought this was going to be a good book, seeing how the summary was so interesting and people have been rating it pretty high. I'm not sure why. The plot had promise. I thought this book was going to have some intense romantic scenes (not as in sex, but as in chemistry) and some real action. Again, I was wrong.

I thought the characters in this book were BEYOND annoying. I didn't care of Jacque. I usually love fiesty characters with a temper and a sarcastic sense of humor. But she was ju...more
When I saw the description of this book I was excited to read it. I will say I liked the story and it's idea. However, I didn't like the dialogue. It sounded corny, forced, and like something an inexperienced or fanfiction writer would write. I am not insulting fanfiction writers or the author in any sense but to me it sounded a little amateur when it came to how the characters interacted. It sometimes seemed as if they were trying to hard to be funny or sarcastic.

I found that while some of the...more
J.J.
So, I know some people often rate books based on how realistic the characters and/or the dialogue is and this series may seem a bit far-fetched at first glance. However, the dialogue (however true or untrue it may be to how teens communicate) made this book and the series! I was laughing out loud the entire time and I absolutely loved every single exchange between all the characters. I've already read the other two books in this series (I read them all in about 2 days since I enjoyed this one so...more
Kitty (I solemnly swear that I am up to no good)
Well I began this book because it was recommended to me...and it was free.

However I was unfortunately unable to get past the half way mark, now I really am a very patient reader and have got through some ludicrously cheesy plots/bad writing in the past (ahem Cassandra Clare.) Maybe this book was just not for me...or it got me on the wrong day, or maybe I should have given it another chance? Or maybe at twenty five years of age I am far to old to be reading this boring drivel.

description
When does this get g...more
Amy The Book Diaries
www.the-book-diaries.blogsopt.com

This is my favorite series ever! I have read this twice already and could read it again.

Jacque is this ordinary girl that lives with her mother. She has two of the best friends ever, Sally and Jennifer. When a transfer student from Romania, Fane, moves in across the street, Jacque's world as she knows it is about to change. Fane is her mate, and better yet he is a prince! Better yet, he is not only a prince but a huge hunk of hotness werewolf. This story only get...more
Nilufer
Goodness! That was just so freaking hilarious!
The book was perfect. The sloppy romance and the drama was slightly disturbing but Quinn Loftis' sense of humor almost covered everything. I laughed every freaking minute!!! Not to mention that Fane and Jacquelyn were awesome, Sally and Jen just made it holy amazing :)
What made me fall in love with POW:
Fane, Fane and Fane. Hottest, yummiest, heartbreaking werewolf. If he wasn't Jacque's true mate I'd have eaten him alive. Yeah, as Jen would have said...more
Amber Thornton
Um. Okay. Currently 6% of my way through. Having to stop and regain all punctuation skills after reading that somewhat TERRIBLE extract. There are five things very wrong with this book:
NO.1: Lack of basic punctuation. I mean, come ON! "...Seriously, how lame could you get," This is a QUESTION, therefore requires a question mark. And, please, a full stop is a mandatory piece. All the sentences link together and become some messy blur.
NO.2: No clear distinction between a thought and normal observa...more
Caroline "Books? Yes Please!"
Apr 11, 2013 Caroline "Books? Yes Please!" is currently reading it
Recommends it for: Nobody.
Recommended to Caroline "Books? Yes Please!" by: my mother in law
Shelves: own
Not yet done - will update upon completion (assuming I can make it to the end.....)

Written at 17% into the book:
This is just.... terrible. This is clearly a first draft that the author didn't even go back and re-read. But, 17% after only a couple of days indicates I can probably finish it and see if at least the story is worth reading past the terrible grammar, punctuation, repetition....

A couple of notes: Jacque's mother goes from being Lily on one page, to Lilly on the next page, and then BA...more
Jody
Prince of Wolves is about soulmates and fated love. If you happen to be a hopeless romantic who loves the idea of finding your one and true mate, then this is the book for you. This is actually a large ebook being 1000+ pages on Nook but I was so invested in the story and characters that I read it in a day and a half. Jaque is a girl in a small town that is spying on the new foreign exchange student that is moving in across the street. As soon as he arrives, Fane is immediately drawn to Jaque an...more
jade
May 14, 2014 jade added it
Shelves: did-not-finish, pnr
Feeling betrayed by goodread rating (Note to self: always read the reviews first, especially the negative ones to see what can be potentially wrong). I stopped at 10% after realizing I spent more time staring at my kindle cover; my hands; the table underneath, etc...when reading the book. It's just too juvenile and awkward, full of idiotic characters that do not act realistically. Since I did just read 10%, I refrain from giving it 1 star.
Hannah Leaptrot
I loved this book, it's these kind of books that make me wish I could live in a world where werewolves and other creatures existed, Fane is the perfect example of an awesome caring maybe a little over protective but still awesome boyfriend. I loved Jaqualyns character and her 2 best friends. JEN was hilarious!! All 3 of the girls were. Can't wait to get started on the second book.
Delphina
I really enjoyed this book. The characters are fun and the story, while a bit predictable in spots, is so super fun! I love the world Quinn has created. It is far from any reality I live in and is a great place to escape to. The series gets even better with book two. I am completely hooked on the series!
Lisa
MY RATING: 3.5 STARS

This book was a pretty good read. The writing was a little young (i.e. bleeping out swear words) and elementary; however, the storyline was good so it was easy to look past the same. Overall, it was an enjoyable read. I'll be reading the next book in the series.
Amy
Holli
Where to start? I was really lucky to be gifted this book a few months back, and was thrilled when starting to read, that I couldn't seem to find a stopping point. I admit I devoured it within a day, and was haunted by it for days to come.

I want to say that I know that writing is no easy task. There is so much involved in the process that quite frankly it hurts my brain to try to process it all. So when reviewing a book I try to keep in mind all that goes into the process.

For a self published...more
Heather
What the heck can I say about this book?? Has it ever see an editor? Example: " Fane knew it was a better idea not ti phase into his wolf and go pining at her window like a lovesick pup" PP.36

Not to, but ti.....

I recently pick this book up on my Nook, after seeing it had a 4 star review.

*bangs head on table* Now, I know why it was FREE!

I think it is a wonderful concept for a book, but I don't care for how it was written.

We have the MC Jacquelyn, who is spying out her window on the first page to...more
Kimmy
I hate sappy romances (but I understand that there may be many interpretations of the meaning of "sappy"). For me, sappy = unspectacular + cheesy + unrealistic + Mary-Sue-meets-Gary-Sue-OMG incest in going on-how stupidly gullible do you think I am?. And I am normally disinclined towards love-triangles. Last but not least, I utterly despise love-at-first-sight scenarios, or at least instantaneous, desperate, true, eternal love which envelops the soul at break-neck speed like some malignant, wast...more
Daphne
The Grey Wolves Series is giving me a KINDLE HANGOVER. Eyes are bloodshot in the morning...all worth it though.

If only I could pick the lottery with the same luck I have with books thus far.

This book brought sexy back for the werewolves. I just loved reading about Jacquelyn, Fane and the other characters that were plain funny. Jackelyn's girlfriends; Jennifer and Sally made me feel like I was back in Brooklyn with their sassy and witty self. Loyal friends that had their girls back.

At first it...more
Book Sanctuary: Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves #1) - July 2014 1 3 Jul 12, 2014 03:23PM
Any Paranormal Romance recommendations? 7 35 Jul 08, 2014 04:42AM
What is it that people like about this book???? 20 147 Jun 27, 2014 04:04AM
Don't you just love Fane! 5 29 May 12, 2014 11:02AM
the boys 37 105 Jan 08, 2014 03:03PM
Teen Critic: Prince of Wolves by Quinn Loftis----->Start Date December 22 24 16 Dec 28, 2013 09:49AM
Favourite Comments/Jokes/Conversations. . . 19 107 Aug 27, 2013 07:58AM
  • Time Mends (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #2)
  • The Mystic Wolves (Mystic Wolves #1)
  • River Cast (The Tale of Lunarmorte, #2)
  • Insider (Outsider, #2)
  • Descendant (The Shift Chronicles)
  • Reviving Bloom (Bloom Daniels, #1)
  • Dirty Blood (Dirty Blood, #1)
  • Verity (Cursed, #1)
  • Bound (Arelia LaRue, #1)
  • Howl (Howl #1)
  • Black Moon (Silver Moon, #2)
  • Night Marchers (Night Marchers, #1)
  • The Binding (The Velesi Trilogy, #1)
  • Red
  • Pride's Run (A Wolf's Pride, #1)
  • Broken (Reflections #1)
  • Earth (Elemental, #1)
Quinn is an award winning author who lives in beautiful Western Arkansas with her husband, son, Nora the Doberman, and Phoebe the Cat (who thinks she is a ninja in disguise). She is the author of eight novels, including the USA Today bestseller, Fate and Fury. Quinn is beyond thankful that she has been blessed to be able to write full time and hopes the readers know how much all of their support m...more
More about Quinn Loftis...
Blood Rites (The Grey Wolves, #2) Just One Drop (The Grey Wolves, #3) Out of the Dark (The Grey Wolves, #4) Beyond the Veil (The Grey Wolves, #5) Fate and Fury (The Grey Wolves, #6)

“Alright then, I guess that’s settled,” Lilly said, then she turned to Fane, “Lay a paw on my little girl and you will be a three legged Lassie, got it?”
Fane winced and then asked, “You both do realize I’m a wolf not a dog right?”
269 likes
“When you say gorgeous,” Jen started, “are we talking Brad Pitt boyish good looks, or Johnny Depp make ya want to slap somebody?” “No, we’re talking Brad and Johnny need to bow down and recognize” Jacque answered.” 182 likes