Start by marking “I Spy Christmas: A Book of Picture Riddles” as Want to Read:
I Spy Christmas: A Book of Picture Riddles

I Spy Christmas: A Book of Picture Riddles (I Spy: A Book of Picture Riddles)

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,069 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
This best-selling book features a collection of favourite I Spy riddles that send readers searching for hidden objects in thirteen photographs with a 'Chritsmas' theme. Each rhyming riddle in this bright collection of photographic challenges invites children to find objects hidden throughout thematic pages.
Published October 1st 1992 by Cartwheel

To ask other readers questions about I Spy Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Spy Christmas

A Christmas Carol by Charles DickensHow the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. SeussThe Night Before Christmas by Clement C. MooreThe Polar Express by Chris Van AllsburgThe Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
Favorite Christmas Books
59th out of 801 books — 1,103 voters
How the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. SeussThe Polar Express by Chris Van AllsburgThe Night Before Christmas by Clement C. MooreBear Stays Up for Christmas by Karma WilsonThe Snowman by Raymond Briggs
Favorite Christmas Picture Books
100th out of 322 books — 125 voters

More lists with this book...

Lynn Plourde
Dec 17, 2015 Lynn Plourde rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picturebook
I SPY CHRISTMAS by Jean Marzollo, photographs by Walter Wick
Love setting out this book on the coffee table at during the Christmas season. Kids of all ages work together and delight in reading the rhyming riddles and finding each named object in the busy, beautiful photos: I spy a jingle bell, two birds of blue,/ A bunny, a star, and Santa’s red shoe Tricky, challenging, and fun!
Sarah Adamson
Dec 20, 2014 Sarah Adamson rated it it was ok
We love the I Spy books and read quite a lot of them. They're great for calm down time!
This one is a bigger book and Christmas based and we were quite excited about it. However we couldn't find half the suggested items!! We really struggled with this one. Some pictures were very dark and the dolls one was just scary!
Sarah Sammis
Nov 10, 2009 Sarah Sammis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pc, read-in-2009
I think we now own all of the original I Spy Books. I Spy Christmas is one of the early ones and as the title implies is Christmas themed. It's like "Too Many Christmas Trees" the book.

The Christmas theme makes for a rather bland book. There's a lot of red, a lot of green and a lot of fake snow. I always want to rush through the book instead of linger of over the photos like I do in some of the others (I Spy Spooky Night and I Spy Treasure Hunt). That being said, it's one of the hardest books be
Josiah
May 10, 2009 Josiah rated it it was ok
Again, Walter Wick and friends have created a masterpiece of photography that I can hardly begin to comprehend.
Few things are so apt to get me fully into the Christmas spirit as this book, and it always does an exceptional job of that. The scene in the toy store window is nigh upon inspired, and it is surrounded by so many other scenes absolutely bursting with creative energy that the book as a whole is a virtual must-have. I toyed with the idea of giving this book two and a half stars and rat
Emma Wilde
Dec 11, 2014 Emma Wilde rated it it was amazing
Shelves: eng261
Who doesn't love an I Spy book? Although there is not too much reading going on with these books, they are still very engaging, and kids love them. And because this one is Christmas themed, it's perfect for the holidays!
veronica
Dec 21, 2014 veronica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-with-mom
The slim silver dime and the glove were really hard to find. I needed my Dad's help for the silver dime.
Anna
I had a mild obsession with this series of picture-riddle books when I was a kid, and this one was my favorite. The picture set-ups are creative and detailed - I see new things every time I look at them. And the "riddles" are appropriate for children, generally leaning to the simple, easy side, but with some mixed in that are trickier and ask the reader to stretch a bit and think about things in different ways.
If I had kids I'd want all these books for them!
PWRL
Jan 28, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-new
SM
Amy
Apr 30, 2009 Amy rated it really liked it
I've enjoyed these books since my son was about two years old. He loved them and was so good at finding everything, and he'd find them quicker than I could -shush- don't tell! My daughter has been checking these books out from the library lately and it's been fun looking through them with her. I'm happy to report that I found every hidden object in this book.
Catherine Woodman
Jul 29, 2011 Catherine Woodman rated it really liked it
I have four children and we own each " I spy " book. These books are truly our favorite and they are not just for the young. Each picture makes them think, explore, and problem solve all on their own in a very different way. Ethan had cancer as a kid and these books are amongst the things that got us through the series of hospitalizations over 18 months.
Skylar Burris
Dec 17, 2008 Skylar Burris rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Both of my kids really enjoy finding pictures in this book, but especially my two-year-old son, who will sit with me for an hour and mumble "I Spy Little Eye..." There are some harder to find objects, and some larger ones, allowing all ages to "play."
Samantha
Jul 01, 2013 Samantha rated it really liked it
A Christmas-themed seek and find extravaganza that digs into all the highlights of the Christmas season from toys to window displays to decorations and more. Bonus riddles extend the fun. A great gift book for school agers.
Crazy Uncle Ryan
My inlaws have this book and I go through it every year when my wife and I go to their house for Christmas. Of course, each year when I sit down with it I find that I've forgotten where most of the stuff is so it's always fun.
Anna Motteler
Sep 11, 2008 Anna Motteler rated it it was amazing
I loved these books whenever I was in Elementary school.
It kept me busy and made me use my noggin.

So if you're trying to work and your kids on getting on your nerves, plop them on the couch with one of these. =D
Megan Moore
Aug 30, 2012 Megan Moore rated it it was amazing
This book was one of my favorite children's books because I loved looking at the pictures and searching for the items that were listed. Also, Christmas is my favorite holiday so I really enjoyed this book the most.
Karen
Dec 08, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
I love I Spy books, couple that with a Christmas theme and I am hooked. Beautiful pictures with wonderful rhymes and a myriad a objects to find equals hours of entertainment.
Natalie
Feb 02, 2008 Natalie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
This is part of my Christmas books collection that is put away only brought out at Christmas. The kids really enjoying searching the pages... great addition and great gift idea.
Kim Smith
I loved all the I SPY books. My kids and I really enjoyed spending time together and finding everything. We still get them out once in a while.
Emily
Nov 20, 2012 Emily rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
I particularly like the page with the ornaments, and never get tired of poring over it, deciding which one I would choose if I could just have one.
Theresa
Aug 14, 2011 Theresa rated it liked it
Shelves: review
children love checking these out to search for pictures, its funny how many said they practiced their reading stills reading the words.
Minna
Jan 27, 2012 Minna rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Super cute! I love these books. Although, only two of the puzzles were REALLY hard. The rest my husband and I got fairly easily.
Janin
Dec 17, 2011 Janin rated it really liked it
My boys and I pull this one out each Christmas-- after a year, we've forgotten where everything was (lol)
Dajana
Feb 23, 2014 Dajana rated it really liked it
if you didn't finish all of these in your years of elementary school then i'm so sorry for you
DixieJo
Dec 04, 2010 DixieJo rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, picture, christmas
A twist from the usual Christmas story read aloud. Typical I Spy book with a Christmas theme.
ABC
Dec 22, 2008 ABC rated it really liked it
Shelves: younger-kids
Great pictures and lots of fun! A little difficult though--it gives me a headache after a while.
Cindy
Dec 22, 2009 Cindy rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-childrens-etc
"Read" this with my niece. It was fun, but you can only "read" it once.
Jessie
Nov 14, 2012 Jessie rated it it was amazing
Kids will have a great time looking for the hidden items.
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
Jan 01, 2016 Kathy (Kindle-aholic) rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Liked this one, although some of them I couldn't find...
Karin
Dec 19, 2009 Karin rated it it was amazing
If you don't have one then go get one. They're so much fun.
Clarissa
Dec 31, 2008 Clarissa rated it it was amazing
Love to look at these with my kiddos!
  • Can You See What I See?: The Night Before Christmas: Picture Puzzles to Search and Solve
  • Santa's Book of Names
  • Where's Waldo Now?
  • Take Joy
  • The Jolly Christmas Postman
  • You Wouldn't Want to Be a Viking Explorer!: Voyages You'd Rather Not Make
  • Santa Duck
  • Arthur's Christmas (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Christmas Trolls
  • Happy Halloween, Curious George tabbed board book
  • Angelina's Christmas
  • You Wouldn't Want to Be Sick in the 16th Century!: Diseases You'd Rather Not Catch
  • Thomas and the School Trip (Thomas & Friends)
  • Franklin's Bad Day
  • Bear In A Square
  • You Wouldn't Want to Be a Greek Athlete!: Races You'd Rather Not Run
  • You Wouldn't Want to Be a Slave in Ancient Greece!: A Life You'd Rather Not Have
  • Cajun Night Before Christmas(r)
Jean Marzollo is the award-winning author of over 100 books for kids, including the I SPY series, Pierre the Penguin, Help Me Learn Numbers 0-20, Soccer Sam, Happy Birthday Martin Luther King, Close Your Eyes, Mama Mama/Papa Papa, the Shanna Show books, and In 1776, as well as books for parents and teachers. She is the author/illustrator of Ten Little Christmas Presents, Ten Little Eggs, Bible sto ...more
More about Jean Marzollo...

I Spy: A Book of Picture Riddles (1 - 10 of 55 books)
  • I Spy Treasure Hunt: A Book of Picture Riddles