Start by marking “Redheaded Robbies Christmas St” as Want to Read:
Redheaded Robbies Christmas St

Redheaded Robbies Christmas St

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  12 reviews
One student from Mrs. Wallace's second grade class will be chosen to tell a special Christmas story at the school assembly. When Redheaded Robbie's name is pulled from the hat, the class groans. Poor Robbie! Whenever he is excited or nervous, his words come out all twisted and confused. How will he be able to tell his Christmas story at the assembly? Won't everyone laugh? ...more
Published September 1st 2003 by Sleeping Bear Press

To ask other readers questions about Redheaded Robbies Christmas St, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redheaded Robbies Christmas St

Emily Davis
I first read this book in 2006. It's one of THE MOST SPECIAL books about children helping children. I think because I am Robbie. Awkward, nervous, no confidence. To tell you the truth, I can not get through this book without tearing up. To me, it's THAT GOOD!

When this precious child stumbles over his words and can't make a speech, his classmates help him in the most wonderful way. Everyone is in tears. It is seriously beautiful.

Here is a link to purchase it. http://www.amazon.com/Redheaded-Robbi
Bethe
Story starts with a nice message of students sticking up for and protecting a classmate with a speech impediment then evolves into traditional holiday themes as Robbie tries to write a Christmas story for the school performance. Heartwarming. The illustrations are pleasantly quirky, but the people's lips have a weird "donut-y" or sock monkey look to them that I don't care for.
Paula
Every time Robbie gets excited his words come out all wrong, and when he is selected to write and tell a special Christmas story at the school assembly, he needs plenty of help from his friends. -
Andrew Lovell
Give before you take. Show kindness to someone new. Forgive a person who has hurt you. Great lessons for kids.
Laura Z
Judyn
Cute Christmas book that shows kids being kind to someone that's a little different :-) We are reading a Christmas picture book each night and this is the book the girls chose. They really liked it...its a quick 7 minutes or so to read aloud. It would be great in a classroom where people are judging a person, not by there heart, but by their ability to be average.
Valori Shellman
I found this book at the library last year and got it because it had a little red headed boy. . . what I found was I was crying before the end. When I read it to my family, I couldn't finish it. I passed it to my husband, and he couldn't finish it outloud either. Definitely my
favorite Christmas children's book now.
Teri
Maybe its Robbie's hair color that first alerted me to this book.He is a fellow redhead. He is chosen(by drawing a name out of a hat) to tell a special Christmas story at school. His words get jumbled when he is excited or nervous.(Maybe we have more in common then just hair color). Cute story.
Kim
Really neat story for elementary aged kids, about the importance of standing up for your classmates and friends. Bravo!
Kevin
Adorable book. Love the message it gives.
Rebecca
Dec 19, 2011 Rebecca rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Rebecca by: John Mark
Shelves: holiday, children
Cute, with a nice message.
Sarah Decarlo
Sarah Decarlo marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2013
Hero
Hero marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2013
Topsy-Turvy Town Holiday Classics from Sleeping Bear Press: Redheaded Robbie's Christmas Story, Apple Tree Christmas, The Legend of Papa Noel; A Cajun Christmas Story and A Wish to be a Christmas Tree A Graphic Cosmogony Pink Nobrow 6: The Double