Start by marking “Treat Your Own Neck” as Want to Read:
Treat Your Own Neck

Treat Your Own Neck

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  255 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Help yourself to a pain-free neck. The simple and effective self-help exercises in Robin McKenzie's Treat Your Own Neck have helped thousands find relief from common neck pain. This easy-to-follow book helps you understand the causes, treatments and exercises to help relieve pain and prevent recurrence.
Unknown Binding, 63 pages
Published January 1st 1983 by Spinal Publications

To ask other readers questions about Treat Your Own Neck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Treat Your Own Neck

Biblioworm
Dec 24, 2015 Biblioworm rated it really liked it
Тоненькая методичка, а не книга.
Так что прочитать стоит каждому - объем невероятно маленький, но зато внятно описаны причины проблем с шеей и поясницей, и даны буквально полдюжины упражнений.
Впрочем, как мне показалось, сами упражнения не важны. Важно обязательно минимум каждые час-два подвигаться, расправиться. И не сидеть скрючив спину - не только потому что за это ругали родители. С тех пор совершенно стерлось из памяти, почему важно сидеть прямо, поэтому и полезна эта книжка-напоминание. Есл
William
While this book may be a good solution for some, perhaps even many who have neck pain, this book also encourages exercises which can be quite harmful to some with disk issues or significant arthritis issues. It really seems like the author has found a system that works well for many, but then latched on to the idea that he had the "secret cure" for nearly everyone's neck and headache issues.

All I can advise is to assess each recommended exercise quite carefully and to ease into them. You may fi
Rickey
Neck back-forward
Neck back and side to side slightly

Turned right, center, turned left, center
Neck back-forward
Neck back and side to side slightly

Forward hang

This has helped me a bit so far. In fact, here are some brief notes I am using to practice. (I would recommend reading this little booklet before trying to do these exercises from what one might imagine them to be.)

I've seen descriptions or illustrations of similar exercises before. What Robin McKenzie did for me in this booklet, though, was
John Barbour
Aug 12, 2016 John Barbour rated it it was amazing
In this book you will learn about the McKenzie method. You will learn what lordosis is and about centralization. Then you will be given seven exercises. The 1st one is really the basis for all of them and some people may only need to do as few as three of them.
Melanie
Oct 27, 2015 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As with all the McKenzie protocols, a wonderful help, best used with the advice of a physical therapist. Clear explanations of basic anatomy, causes of pain, exercises to prevent and treat pain, as well as postural modifications necessary to remain pain-free.
Ellen Bonta
Sep 29, 2014 Ellen Bonta rated it it was amazing
After a year of pain and disturbed sleep due to neck and upper back pain from a herniated disc, the exercises in this book have helped me be pain-free for the past few years. I highly recommend it for anyone with similar issues.
Wendy
Mar 11, 2016 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Good advice on posture and stretching exercises to relieve (and prevent) neck pain. Clearly written with lots of photos. There is a companion volume called Treat your own back.
Kit Johnson
Jun 23, 2014 Kit Johnson rated it it was amazing
After a year of chiropractic therapy my neck was nearly healed, but not fully. This book took me the last portion to full recovery. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Ali Badereddin
Jul 23, 2015 Ali Badereddin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Helped me know how to better deal with neck pain and gave me better awareness of my neck.
Angela Forister
Apr 08, 2015 Angela Forister rated it it was amazing
Shelves: family-stuff
Excellent book for neck and back pain. We swear by it at our house.
Sharon Rainey
Jan 25, 2014 Sharon Rainey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
excellent, quick read with CLEAR instructions for exercises!
J.E. Jr.
Dec 31, 2010 J.E. Jr. rated it really liked it
Shelves: health
A good book, and helpful for considering body mechanics and healthy ergonomic practices as well as useful stretches for both recovery and prevention of neck pain.
Lisa
Feb 08, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it
Exercises to help your neck feel awesome! It's essentially everything PT has tried to get me to do, but without having to go to the appointments.
Richard Pohl
Jan 18, 2015 Richard Pohl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can obviously evaluate it fully only after several weeks of treatment, but right now seems like the one Ive been looking for. ...more
Wildbirchbooks
Apr 06, 2013 Wildbirchbooks rated it it was amazing
Excellent helpful and easy to perform exercises for people with neck pain. Highly recommend!
Nick
Apr 26, 2010 Nick rated it it was amazing
Great book for people to self treat neck pain.
Asrar
Asrar marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Srikanth Pilla
Srikanth Pilla marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Andy
Andy marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Amy
Amy is currently reading it
Sep 20, 2016
Wendy Faust
Wendy Faust is currently reading it
Sep 16, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Louie Monson
Louie Monson rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2016
Nina
Nina rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Wendy McQueen
Wendy McQueen rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2016
George
George marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Amit Bhagnari
Amit Bhagnari marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Richard
Richard rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2016
gail collinson
gail collinson marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Bernadette
Bernadette marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
  • From Fatigued to Fantastic!
  • Stretching
  • Somatics: Reawakening The Mind's Control Of Movement, Flexibility, And Health
  • Awareness Through Movement: Easy-to-Do Health Exercises to Improve Your Posture, Vision, Imagination, and Personal Awareness
  • The Miracle Ball Method: Relieve Your Pain, Reshape Your Body, Reduce Your Stress
  • Loving Sex: The book of joy and passion
  • The Don't Sweat the Small Stuff Workbook: Exercises, Questions, and Self-Tests to Help You Keep the Little Things from Taking Over Your Life
  • KI in Daily Life
  • 10 Simple Solutions to Adult ADD: How to Overcome Chronic Distraction and Accomplish Your Goals
  • 500 Formulas for Aromatherapy: Mixing Essential Oils for Every Use
  • Pot-Limit Omaha Poker
  • Honoring the Medicine: The Essential Guide to Native American Healing
  • Dance Anatomy
  • 22 Things a Woman with Asperger's Syndrome Wants Her Partner to Know
  • I'd Rather Laugh: How to be Happy Even When Life Has Other Plans forYou
  • Raising a Reader: A Mother's Tale of Desperation and Delight
  • Light Force: A Stirring Account of the Church Caught in the Middle East Crossfire
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Techniques for Retraining Your Brain (The Great Courses, #9631)