Start by marking “The Perfect Fit: Fat-Free Dreams Just Don't Taste the Same” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Fit: Fat-Free Dreams Just Don't Taste the Same

The Perfect Fit: Fat-Free Dreams Just Don't Taste the Same

Sunny Weston always wanted to be perfect . . . and that meant being thin. Now, after what seemed like a million years on the treadmill—and a million miles from the nearest brownie—she finally fits into those slinky black dresses she's been eyeing for years.

But being a perfect size doesn't necessarily equal a perfect life. Suddenly Sunny's best friends are all bitter and je
Published February 20th 2007 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Fit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Fit

Jan
Jun 30, 2010 Jan rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction, chick-lit
Where to start with this review? This is one of the rare books I've ever read that I'm actually angry with myself that I bothered to finish it. I kept reading in the pathetic hope that it would get better, which I realize is my own fault. I really wish I had put it down when I got that first niggling feeling that it was one of the worst books I'd ever read.

First, let me say this: for a book about a woman who did the hard work to lose a lot of weight and is now moving forward with her life in man
Wanda
The beginning of this novel starts with a bang. It was so unexpected and random, I was thinking, "Okay, did that really happen?" The novel takes a Bridget Jone's Diary turn with the main character, Sunny, mentally debating herself about two guys that are polar opposite. One is a playboy that she feels is perfect for her, the other is the guy she can't stand, but everyone thinks they are really in love, but fighting it. Some parts in the middle of the book are incredibly dull, but it picks up ...more
Carrie Chaney
Jul 01, 2012 Carrie Chaney rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, 2012-reads
The plot in a nutshell:
Protagonist Sunny used to be obese. She kicked herself into shape, and along the way learned to love herself for more than her appearance. Now she's searching for the perfect man. The book opens on a scene that starts Sunny down an unexpected path to love and self-discovery: She runs down a child-snatcher, becoming something of a local hero, and gaining the respect of the hard-hearted, snobbish Cagney James.

Thoughts:
It's a good thing "a novel" is emblazoned on the cover o
Denise Hoecker
Sep 15, 2016 Denise Hoecker rated it it was ok
The plot line was decent but the writing was terrible. Never seemed to really get a good flow.
Jenn
Sep 30, 2008 Jenn rated it it was ok
I thought that this book was going to be better than it was. It had such promise. I really liked the fact that was going to talk about how being skinny isn't everything, and that once you finally get there, it's not quite how you imagined. People's attitudes and reactions towards you change, you change, you realize that nothing is ever enough. Once you get to one goal, you only want the next best thing. We're always in a rat race to be the BEST, the skinniest, the prettiest, the most toned, and ...more
Ninadiva
Aug 22, 2016 Ninadiva rated it liked it
2.75 stars....Overall the story was okay and I really liked the main character. The story starts after she has lost nearly one hundred pounds and she tries to adjust to that. She soon realizes that just because she lost a lot of weight doesn't mean that she loses the person that she was. All of her life her weight had shaped her, and now she is not sure which way to turn. With much more attention directed her way, how is she to react? The story switches between her point of view and the male ...more
Lisa
Feb 08, 2010 Lisa rated it it was ok
I found this to be really disappointing. I went into reading it knowing that it was a chick-lit book, but I still wasn't very pleased. I found the main character Sunny to be really annoying and full of contradictions. She would always make reference to her name (Sunny) representing her bubbly personality, but you never saw any of that, she just seemed to be whiny and needy.
The book actually grapples with some more serious issues (weight loss and sense of self), but it's kind of vague and mixed i
Elle
Feb 05, 2012 Elle rated it liked it
This is the story of Sunny who finds herself trying to identify her place when she loses almost 100 pounds. She finds that she has traded one addiction for another and is still dealing with issues of confidence and status as she explores her feelings of love an acceptance. In the end, what she thought was valid turns out to be a lie and she discovers that love is more than one's ideals projected on to someone. Love is about making a choice to understand another person and then love them because ...more
Krystal
Jun 18, 2008 Krystal marked it as booksillprobablyneverfinish
Shelves: chicklit
I am having such a hard time getting into this book, though I identify with so much in the main character. The author uses these really poignant analogies that kind of make a person think and appreciate, but then she goes on and makes another analogy, and another, and another, over the same topic, until there's a paragraph or two about 1 thing said many different ways. For me, it lost its poignancy. I think she just gets carried away, or maybe she's addicted to analogies, but it has made it ...more
Chin
The media is what affect what is going on in our everyday life. Now the new trend in "what's in" is being thin. I can connect this book with the common truths we explored throughout senior year for instance, what is beauty? Is it just the appearance because everyone has their own definition of what is beautiful to them. Within today's society people are "dying to be thin" and they think it would be abnormal to weigh over 90 pounds- it's just ridiculous. Just like the protagonist in this novel- ...more
Lindsey
Jan 10, 2012 Lindsey rated it it was ok
Slow to start. Almost done with it. it seems a little predictable and I hope it ends a lot better than it started.

Just got done reading it. I felt this book had so much to potential. But I felt it was quite misleading. I thought a lot of it was going to be more about her losing the weight and her friends but it didn't really focus much on that. And I felt her and Cagney moved a little unrealistically fast as well as her friendship with Christian. I just got done reading it before bed and all I
Melissa Dally
Jun 18, 2013 Melissa Dally rated it it was ok
Shelves: general-fiction
Well, for starters, the person who made the cover really didn't read the book LOL. So don't go off of that.

Basically, the main character Sunny has GOT to get better people in her life. Her two girl friends are superficial jerks, her taste in men is pretty much shudder worthy, and the one decent friend she has possibly has a sadistic streak since he wants her to get with the most wholly unlikable male character ever written up.

Alas you can't reach into the book and punch people, so I don't think
Chancesjentakes
Feb 05, 2011 Chancesjentakes rated it it was amazing
This is my go to book when I get bored whatever I'm currently reading. I've probably read it 5-6 times through. The first read though it was difficult. It took me 4 months to read because when it got slow I would put it down and dread going back to it. If you can get past the her job as an owner and operator of an online adult toy company and slow points in the book is actually amazing message. I love the way she views life after losing the weight. To me that is what makes this book amazing. Her ...more
Dawn
Aug 27, 2008 Dawn rated it did not like it
I was unable to finish this book, it was that bad. I was completely unable to relate to the main character--not because I've never struggled with my weight/lost weight, but because I could find nothing likeable about her. She was neurotic, whiny, and the story wasn't progressing quickly enough for me. I finally gave up after about 60 or so pages--something I rarely, if ever do, as I really hate to waste that time already invested in reading but I just couldn't do it. Had to put it down and put ...more
Diane Eskridge
Sep 07, 2016 Diane Eskridge rated it liked it
It was ok.
Susan
Jan 12, 2010 Susan rated it really liked it
I love this book. As someone who lost a lot of weight and didn't have her life change, this book spoke directly to me. I will admit, I originally gave it five stars, but backed up because there were definitely some dialogue sequences that were unreal. But other than that, it was a down to earth book about what you wanted not always being what made you happy. And even though there were characters that you would think would fit some stereotypes, somehow they transcended them. Very interesting ...more
Becky
Jan 23, 2009 Becky rated it liked it
Well I for one always thought if I was thin, worked out like crazy, had a great husband, my life could be nothing but PERFECT! It can make you have an empty feeling. Well, it really shows you that what you strive for may not necessary make you happy. I think that all women can relate to what the character Sunny felt going from fat to thin. In fact in all parts of life the lesson taught here makes you look at yourself with humor and you know YOU'RE OKAY!
Yang
Jun 02, 2008 Yang rated it really liked it
Shelves: advisorybooks
Sunny Weston is a girl who wants to be perfect and skinny. Being skinny doesnt mean your're perfect, i dont get why people think like that. In health, we talked about how teenagers are very influenced by the media and they want to look like the models that appear on TV. Sometimes it can lead to eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia. A lot of teenagers can relate to the events that happen in the book.
Kinyorda Sliwiak
Oct 20, 2013 Kinyorda Sliwiak rated it it was ok
It's nice to read some chick lit every once in a while but this one does not deliver. Sketchy plot. No follow through on the "fat girls gets the guy" happy ending. Just a really vague wrap up with a lot of rambling chapters. If you've every struggled with weight, the early chapters are good reminders of why you should value yourself and not let your "friends" make you feel bad about putting yourself first for a change. Other than that, a waste of a week of my life.
Amy
Mar 19, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it
Kate Stone
Jun 21, 2008 Kate Stone rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, chic-lit
Good message...very random writing. I felt while reading this that sometimes I could just skip large parts of a chapter and not miss any of the action. Now, this could be simply because I read a ton so I find myself doing this often, or it could be because the writing was random and didn't hold my attention at times. Overall though it was a good basic story line.
Stacey
Sep 21, 2014 Stacey rated it did not like it
I loved the idea of this book, and wanted so badly to like it. I could not. I found that this book was more filler than story and I had to force myself to finish it. The characters had such potential but wound up being empty and completely un relatable.
Jaye
Apr 21, 2014 Jaye rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: general-fiction
Not really sure how I feel about this book. The character development came off static. Also, the amount of description was annoying. There was a point where I stopped reading for enjoyment and kept reading just to finish.
Brooke Moxley
Jun 16, 2009 Brooke Moxley rated it it was ok
I did not like this book at all. The only reason it gets 2 stars is because the gay guy BFF's character was great and the last 50 pages were pretty good! I would not recommend this book to anyone! It is very crude as well.
Emma
Jun 10, 2013 Emma rated it it was ok
It was ok. Odd. Sunny has just lost a bunch of weight, and people are treating her differently but she is not sure it is all that she expected... also she runs a website that sells sex toys, which was just odd.
Krystal
Aug 29, 2007 Krystal rated it liked it
Typical chick-lit type of book. Don't pick up this one expecting deep insight into human life. I still really enjoyed it- probably because I found it so easy to relate to the main character and her struggles.
Mo
Jul 01, 2008 Mo rated it it was ok
This book was...hmm...how should I put it? Just ok. It took me forever to get into it...and usually once I start a book, it is tough for me to put it down. So, if you are really bored, maybe? But, I wouldn't go out and seek this book.
Lydia
Jul 16, 2015 Lydia rated it liked it
This was an overall okay read. it started out very interesting, and finished very interesting but the middle was mostly filler (in my opinion) and didn't seem to be going anywhere. The book still made me want to finish it though just to see what happened to Sunny.
Lindsey
Dec 14, 2013 Lindsey rated it it was ok
This book starts off really well, but the fact that it never really goes anywhere is a real head scratcher.
melissa
Aug 09, 2008 melissa rated it really liked it
I'm going to have to add Louise Kean to the Sophie Kinsella/Jane Green list of chick-lit that I'm not ashamed to read.
  • Truelove & Homegrown Tomatoes
  • Mine All Mine
  • Mr. Darcy Goes Overboard: A Tale of Tide & Prejudice
  • Hyper-Chondriac: One Man's Quest to Hurry Up and Calm Down
  • Model Student: A Tale of Co-eds and Cover Girls
  • Jane Vows Vengeance (Jane Fairfax, #3)
  • The Radical Leap: A Personal Lesson in Extreme Leadership