Start by marking “Cowboys Like Us” as Want to Read:
Cowboys Like Us

Cowboys Like Us (Sons of Chance #6)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  430 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Real cowboys aren't born. They're made...

Logan Carswell has just kissed his professional baseball career goodbye. Goodbye dreams, career and future. For now, though, he's working at the Last Chance Ranch and the town saloon, where sexy bartender Caro Davis is definitely taking his mind off his troubles...

Caro's days have been so hectic, she's forgotten all about the finer
Published (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Cowboys Like Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowboys Like Us

Kathy Davie
Dec 04, 2015 Kathy Davie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Sixth in the Sons of Chance western romance series and revolving around the Chance family and their friends. The couple focus is on Logan Carswell and Caro Davis.

The other 256 pages in Cowboys Like Us includes Notorious , Branscom Sisters 2.

My Take
It's an intriguing collection of conflicts, major and minor, in Cowboys Like Us with Logan's depression over his too-short career and Caro resigned to no spare time for herself. That's their personal lives. Thompson adds in Josie's concern for Caro's
Barb
Jun 23, 2014 Barb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Real cowboys aren't born. They're made...
Caro's days have been so hectic, she's forgotten all about the finer aspects of life. Like men. And sex. And really smokin'--hot sex with men like Logan. But when their two worlds collide--and b
Rhonda
Aug 27, 2011 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Their are 2 different stories in this ebook I liked the first one better. They are Harlequin Blaze so they have too many sex scenes for me.
In Cowboys like us Logan Carswell is a former catcher for Chicago Cubs. Logan is at the wedding of good friend Alex Keller in Shoshone, Wyoming. Logan is feeling down because he doesn't know what he will do in the future with his knee problems now, all he has wanted to be is a baseball player.
Caro Davis is up beat and positive attidude he likes right now. Car
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Carolyn (Caro) Davis has enjoyed watching Logan Carswell with his easy going personality. Logan Carswell, former Chicago Cubs catcher, hasn't found much enjoyment in life lately due in part to his injured right knee. Being at The Last Chance Ranch has given Logan much needed peace and some relazation. Logan knows that he shouldn't get involved with Caro but being with her is like surrounding himself in light. The attraction between the two is explosive. When Peter Beckett offers a solution to Lo ...more
Pattianne
Jan 21, 2014 Pattianne marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
COWBOYS LIKE SU - SONS OF CHANCE SERIES #6 (Logan and Caro)

Real cowboys aren't born. They're made...

Caro's days have been so hectic, she's forgotten all about the finer aspects of life. Like men. And sex. And really smokin'-hot sex wit
Kati
***Original review can be found at Romancing Rakes***

My first book in Harlequin's Blaze line and I wasn't disappointed. This book left me wanting more of the people of Shoshone, Wyoming and especially the men of the Last Chance Ranch. Ms. Thompson took me on an emotional and VERY sexually charged ride that I never wanted to get off of but had to put the book down a few times to fan myself.

Top 5 Reasons to Read This Book:

1. Cowboys! Nope, not those outfitted in the blue,white and silver from T
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic

Expected Release Date: Available Now!
Publisher: Harlequin
Imprint: Blaze
Author’s Website: http://www.vickilewisthompson.com/
My Source for This Book: Netgalley
Part of a Series: Yes, Sons of Chance Miniseries
Series Best Read In Order: No
Steam Level: Hot

This is actually two books in one — Cowboys Like Us followed by the full-length story, Notorious.

The main book, Cowboys Like Us, follows Logan Carswell, who is a self-procla
Book Binge
Jul 29, 2011 Book Binge rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
It is no secret that I am going through my "cowboy" phase right now and really enjoying lots of different kinds of Western romance fiction as well as encountering some authors previously unknown to me. This is the second novel by this author that I have read and I continue to enjoy her writing style, the care she takes to research her work well, and just an overeall sense that she knows her subject well.

In a world where most of us feel overwhelmed on a regular basis and where some of us may have
Kristi
Nov 21, 2011 Kristi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, friendship
Many people know Thompson for her Nerds series. They're romance, but they're what is termed romantic comedy. Just the cover alone of Cowboys Like Us, tells you this is not going to be another nerd story. So you stand there in the store thinking, do I or don't I? Either way you risk a disappointment. Will you be disappointed if it turns out you don't like it as much as the Nerd series, or will you be disappointed if you don't buy it and hear it's great?

In this case, you'd be disappointed if you
Wminbc
Apr 30, 2012 Wminbc rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Six books into the Sons of Chance and I still enjoy my visit! Logan is Alex’s childhood friend, who travels from Chicago to The Last Chance Ranch for Alex and Tyler’s wedding (see Should Have Been a Cowboy review). Logan has been sidelined from his career as a professional baseball player. While his knee may be shot, getting lucky with Caro after the wedding is no long shot…They both feel the heat.

Caro has had a rough few months: selling her family home and ranch, installing her grandmother in a
Christi Snow
Jul 28, 2011 Christi Snow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full review reposted from my Smitten with Reading blog...

My Review:
Girls, we all love a hot alpha male who is vulnerable and needs saving. Caro, the heroine of this book, is just like us and she sees in Logan a hot sexy alpha-male that needs a little help. He's just lost his life's dream of playing baseball and is floundering without a purpose in his life. To focus completely on his baseball goals, he never made a Plan B for his life if something happened to his career like a player sliding into
Kimberly
My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-r...

After a bad knee injury ends his professional baseball career, Logan Carswell finds himself at loose ends. But a quick trip to the Last Chance Ranch for his friend’s wedding turns into a new opportunity. Logan takes on working at the ranch and working at the local bar, Spirits and Spurs, but it isn’t just the chance to break away from his old life that has him staying in Wyoming. Gorgeous bartender Caro Davis
Judith
Jun 09, 2011 Judith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really delightful novel that highlights the anxieties that come when something a person strives for nearly all their life is brought to an end far more quickly than expected. So it was with this professional baseball player whose career was cut very short due to a knee injury. As loose ends and coming to Wyoming to attend the wedding of his best friend, he encounters and literally falls over the cute and sassy bartender at the Spirits & Spurs bar. Yes he is mightily attracted to her, and n ...more
Cindi
Jul 27, 2011 Cindi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
The 6th installment in the Sons of Chance series, although I didn't know about the series until the 4th book, I fully intend to backtrack and find the first three as I've enjoyed the 3 I have now read.

This is Logan and Caro's story. It is lighthearted yet steamy at the same time which seems unlikely to pull off but this author does. Logan suffers a career ending knee injury that leaves him drifting and landing him Shoshone and Caro's life. Carolyn "Caro" born and raised native is bartending Ale
Nicole
Aug 11, 2011 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/08/10/...

Publisher: Harlequin Blaze
Publish Date: Out Now
How I got this book: NetGalley

What could be better than a baseball star turned cowboy? I was officially in book hero heaven with this read. My first ever Thompson book and she blew me outta the water with this one.

Caro is a small town girl dealing with some pretty large problems. Her grandmother is sick and had to be put in a home, she recently moved out of the only house she kne
Cleffairy
Reviewed at: Over A Cuppa Tea
Date reviewed:21 July 2011
Review link: http://cleffairy.wordpress.com/2011/07/20/cowboys-like-us

This is quite an unforgettable story. I love the character's dynamics, love the pace, and definitely love the blazing passion portrayed in this story. Truth be told, I am not a Cowboy story fan. I don't usually read cowboy stories, even if it's a romance or an adult fiction, but I feel that I could definitely read this book over and over again without feeling bored.

Passio
Azhureheart
Aug 28, 2012 Azhureheart rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-mf
I won this book at Musings of a bookworm by in June or July.
I really enjoyed Notorious the second novel in that bundle. It was funny, sexy and everything I could hope for. Keely and Noah had much chemistry, I was waiting to see how the whole situation would be resolve and it was a bit rushed but satisfying and with neither of them acting like a fool to stupid to live. It could have been all drama and cries but it wasn't and that was great.
Cowboy Like Us was a bit of a lack-luster. I didn't car
Mick Messner
Sep 19, 2012 Mick Messner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two books here the first cowboys like us is excellent. THE SECOND NOTORIOUS IS THE BEST BOOK I EVER READ, I HAVE READ IT 5 TIMES AND EACH TIME MY HEART CRACKS.
NOAH GARFIELD AND I ARE CARBON COPIES. I HAVE NEVER FOUND MY KEELY. IF SHE IS OUT THERE MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN. I WOULD MARRY HER IN A HEARTBEAT.
I WAS NEVER JEALOUS OF NOAH BECAUSE WE ARE SO MUCH ALIKE. I AM JUST JEALOUS HE FOUND "KEELY".

BY THE WAY I HAVE NEVER READ A BOOK MORE THEN ONCE UNTIL NOW. I CANNOT STOP READING IT.
VICKI's WRITING IS
Judy C
Jun 19, 2014 Judy C rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who doesn't love cowboys and former baseball players need I say more other than its a Son of Chance book
TheGeekyBlogger
Requested on NetGalley by Me
Overall Rating 3.5
Character Rating 3.5
Story Rating 3.5

Quick Review for a Quick Read: This was a fantastic addition to the Sons of Chance series by Vicki Lewis Thompson. Cowboys Like Us had her signature style and wit. Logan was a perfect Cowboy in making and Caro was just the gal to do it. I know that both of them were to busy, to damaged, or to unsure when the "relationship" began but it was fun to see them both get to that "a-ha" moment around the same time. I loved
Dawn
Jul 11, 2014 Dawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The 5 stars is for Cowboys like us...I only got a few pages into the other one.
Margaret
Oct 10, 2011 Margaret rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
i liked and didnt like this book. i fell inlove witht he story line. i however thought it was a little drawn out for my taste. to me i could have been a little faster in the movement of how the characters got together.

i liked how they came together to help each other deal with their problems. while doing that they did fall in love. the atmosphere always crackled when the two main characters were together and i think that made the storyline.

i do recomend this to other readers but caution that th
Tofu Fairy
Oct 08, 2012 Tofu Fairy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say at this point that hasn't already been said about this series of books? I don't want to regurgitate my previous reviews LOL so let me just say that its a must read for anyone who enjoyed the books prior to this one. Loved it! (see my other reviews for more details on why!) And please note that I am not saying the books themselves are interchangeable or anything like that...I just happen to like them all for the same reasons! :-D
Kerry  sullivan
This is a pleasant little story of learning to adapt to new circumstances. It made me laugh and almost made me cry at the end. The characters where likeable and believable, Caro was a little miss sunshine which, in real life is a pain, worked in this story. I have to say this was basic chic lit. There was no real meat to the story for me but it was a nice story. Would I recommend this book..... yes to those who like feel good stories.
Heather L
Really liked this one, in part because I could identify with the heroine, Caro, having been the primary caregiver for terminal and/or parents for ten years. It is not an easy position to be in. Also liked Logan's story, even if the outcome was a bit predictable. Overall an enjoyable read.
Readers Roundtable
With Cowboys Like Us, Vicki Lewis Thompson has created an appealing romance that contains a surprising amount of depth and substance. To read this review in its entirety please visit http://thereadersroundtable.com/mains...
Monica
Feb 08, 2012 Monica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wish there was a little more closure with Caro and Logan, but otherwise, I thought it was pretty darn good. When I saw there was an epilogue, I automatically assumed it would be about Caro and Logan in the future, but sadly, it wasn't.
Jane
Sep 05, 2011 Jane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a Blaze 10th Anniversary Collector's Edition, and it has two books. The second book is 'Notorious' which was the authors first Blaze book. Both books were good. Of the two, I liked 'Cowboys Like Us' better.
Amanda
Sep 20, 2011 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are two books in this one, the first is book #6 of the Sons of Chance series and I really enjoyed it, definately a 4 star book.
The second book is called Notorious and it was o.k. I would give it 2.5 or 3 stars.
Lenore (Biblliolatry Me!)
Aug 20, 2011 Lenore (Biblliolatry Me!) rated it really liked it
"The sweet HEA is lovely, but even more fine is the Epilogue…and the introduction of more men to the Sons of Chance! Enjoy!"

REad more of Karia's review on NRR http://www.nocturnereads.com/Cowboys-...
  • The Braddock Boys: Travis (Blaze) (Braddock Boys, #3) (Love at First Bite, #6)
  • Hotshot \ Going for It (Uniformly Hot! #20)
  • Riding the Storm
  • It Happened One Christmas
  • High Stakes Seduction (Uniformly Hot!, #17)
  • Night Maneuvers
  • The Survivor
  • The Mighty Quinns: Danny (The Mighty Quinns, #17)
  • Model Marine
  • Roped in
  • Breathless Descent (Harlequin Blaze, #614)
  • Breaking the Rules (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #14)
  • Tailspin (Uniformly Hot!, #19)
  • Red-Hot Santa
New York Times and USA Today bestseller Vicki Lewis Thompson believes love makes the world go around and laughter makes the trip worth taking. The recipient of RWA’s Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award and the author of more than ninety books, Vicki pioneered a new kind of romance hero with Nerd in Shining Armor. Following the success of her nerd stories, Vicki launched a boisterous paranormal ...more
More about Vicki Lewis Thompson...

Sons of Chance (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Wanted! (Sons of Chance, #1)
  • Ambushed! (Sons of Chance, #2)
  • Claimed! (Sons of Chance, #3)
  • Should've Been a Cowboy (Sons of Chance, #4)
  • Cowboy Up (Sons of Chance, #5)
  • Long Road Home (Sons of Chance, #7)
  • Lead Me Home (Sons of Chance, #8)
  • Feels Like Home (Sons of Chance, #9)
  • I Cross My Heart (Sons of Chance, #10)
  • Wild at Heart (Sons of Chance, #11)