Start by marking “Christmas in Haggerty” as Want to Read:
Christmas in Haggerty

Christmas in Haggerty

'Tis the season, and in Haggertty, Georgia, that means Christmas programs, caroling, front-decorating contests, and plenty of festive food to share with yours sometimes eccentric neighbors. Not everyone, however, has caught the Christmas spirit. Kate Iverson doesn't want to accept that there will be more babies in her future, even though her doctor is certain that her chil ...more
Published December 31st 2006 by Covenant Communications (first published October 28th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas in Haggerty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas in Haggerty

Lindsey
Nov 13, 2010 Lindsey rated it did not like it
It was basically a dig for family history.
Sally
Dec 17, 2009 Sally rated it it was ok
Not much too this story. It tried to teach the true meaning of Christmas, but just involved a story that was easy to anticipate with little substance.
Erin
Nov 25, 2011 Erin rated it did not like it
Shelves: lds, christmas
I'm still searching for "good" Christmas stories. Is it too much to ask for a decent plot, well developed characters, and engaging to read? Apparently so. So many Christmas books are simply drivel, including this one. I didn't even know it was an LDS themed book until about halfway through when all of a sudden the main characters started discussing temple ceremonies. There were also stereotypical characters like the nosy next door neighbor that didn't have children of her own and so she was comp ...more
Michele
Jan 13, 2010 Michele rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
I started this book last Christmas, got half way throught it and was interrupted by life and the busyness of the Christmas season. I should have picked it back up immediately and finished the story then, I wish I had. This story touched my heart and made me think about what more I could being doing to experience the true meaning of Christmas in my daily life?

There is nothing quite like a Christmas season spent with family, good friends, and neighbors, but Kate Iverson is having a hard time catc
Racquel
Sep 18, 2010 Racquel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Lisa
Dec 03, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it
A charming, brief visit to Mark and Kate Iverson, Miss Eugenia, and the other characters in the Haggerty series, the best books in which are Hearts in Hiding and this longish story. I like the family history angle and wish that the story had been longer and had explained how the Iversons got into fostering babies, which they are doing without background in a later Haggerty book. A fine little Christmas read for LDS readers.
Thebarrys10
Dec 12, 2013 Thebarrys10 rated it liked it
A fun, easy read with no murder or mystery! The same characters as in the author's other books are in this one and the plots are that it is Christmastime and everyone in town is decorating their door for a contest and the main character is struggling with the fact that she is not able to have any more children. Support, relationships and love is abundant.
Brenda
Dec 15, 2011 Brenda rated it really liked it
Christmas with Miss Eugenia and the Iversons? I love it:) Darling story about listening, doing service and the importance of family. I loved Kate and Mark's interractions with one another, and grumpy old Miss Eugenia and her big old softy heart. Cute quick read:)
Barbara
Dec 23, 2011 Barbara rated it liked it
I liked it and it is a short read and easy to read. I really liked the fact that Kate found the missing child of that family and was able to put the family back together for all to see. I also liked the theme of her door. You'll have to read it to find out what I mean.
Monica
Jul 15, 2013 Monica rated it really liked it
Christmas in Haggerty is a compelling story of a small LDS family and their southern neighbors in the small town of Haggerty. Sharing friendship, love, and support is the essence of the small town leading up to Christmas. Miracles large and small happen as everyone shares the Christmas spirit.
Betsy Crane
Nov 29, 2011 Betsy Crane rated it liked it
Good lessons and the truth of them made my heart swell but, the story was a round-a-bout way of getting those truths across. Not sure what the cookies recipe had to do with any of it, but it sounds like a good recipe. I will try it.
Jodie
Sep 09, 2011 Jodie rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Maybe it's because I love family history, but it was good.
Victoria
Dec 28, 2012 Victoria rated it really liked it
better than average "Mormon lit"-- a bout a mom who wants more children but can't and how she "finds" the baby of her dreams.
Dalesse
Feb 20, 2008 Dalesse rated it liked it
This is a sweet little story, but really short and a bit of a disappointment after the other great books Green has written about the characters in Haggarty.
Sharon
Jan 05, 2010 Sharon rated it it was amazing
Good book that teaches what giving is all about. Serving others.
Heather
Jan 14, 2011 Heather rated it it was ok
Shelves: lds-author, christmas
family history mystery. getting over the lose of can't having more children. and the annual Christmas Door Decorating contest.
Vicki
Dec 17, 2010 Vicki rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-fiction
Nice quick Christmas read. I enjoyed it very much.
Shayne
Jan 09, 2010 Shayne rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday
A cute Christmas book but not one that really got me like her others. Good for one read.
Kristine
Jan 02, 2009 Kristine rated it really liked it
Very fun--but especially since I "know" these characters so well, having read every "Haggerty" book I have been able to get my hands on! If you haven't, give them a try !
Amy
Dec 01, 2008 Amy rated it it was ok
Pretty cheesy!
Lisa
A sweet little story for Christmas.
Katie W
Mar 12, 2008 Katie W rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday
A cute southern Christmas story. I really enjoy the characters that Betsy Brannon Green brings to life.
Audrey
May 25, 2013 Lee Anne rated it liked it
Sweet and Christmasy.
Rebecca
Jul 25, 2011 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Small but enjoyable book.
Debbie
Mar 19, 2011 Debbie added it
Love this book!!!
Rachel Orme
May 18, 2008 Rachel Orme rated it liked it
Book 11
Beth Pearson
Dec 20, 2011 Beth Pearson rated it liked it
The Southern busy bodies make me smile. I like the wit and humor of the nosy neighbors and fighting old ladies. I found the story a bit too sweet, too ho hum for me to love it.
Judie
Apr 15, 2008 Judie rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, christmas
Love those Haggerty folks, and family history.
  • The Spirit of Christmas: Stories of the Season: Fictional Christmas Stories by Beloved Lds Authors
  • Lost and Found
  • Ripple Effect (Undercurrents, #2)
  • Echoes
  • Legend of the Jewel (Isabelle Webb, #1)
"WELCOME!!!!!

If you're not familiar with my books, I write mystery-suspense novels. I am LDS (Mormon) and so are some of my characters, but I have loyal readers from many different faiths. My goal is to engage the reader in my books. I want to make them laugh and cry and worry and dread the end.

Most of my books are set in the fictional town of Haggerty, Georgia - which is loosely based on my grand
More about Betsy Brannon Green...