Start by marking “Christmas in Haggerty” as Want to Read:
Christmas in Haggerty

Christmas in Haggerty

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  647 ratings  ·  48 reviews
'Tis the season, and in Haggertty, Georgia, that means Christmas programs, caroling, front-decorating contests, and plenty of festive food to share with yours sometimes eccentric neighbors. Not everyone, however, has caught the Christmas spirit. Kate Iverson doesn't want to accept that there will be more babies in her future, even though her doctor is certain that her chil ...more
Published December 31st 2006 by Covenant Communications (first published October 28th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas in Haggerty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas in Haggerty

Sally
Not much too this story. It tried to teach the true meaning of Christmas, but just involved a story that was easy to anticipate with little substance.
Lindsey
It was basically a dig for family history.
Erin
I'm still searching for "good" Christmas stories. Is it too much to ask for a decent plot, well developed characters, and engaging to read? Apparently so. So many Christmas books are simply drivel, including this one. I didn't even know it was an LDS themed book until about halfway through when all of a sudden the main characters started discussing temple ceremonies. There were also stereotypical characters like the nosy next door neighbor that didn't have children of her own and so she was comp ...more
Michele
Oct 30, 2010 Michele rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
I started this book last Christmas, got half way throught it and was interrupted by life and the busyness of the Christmas season. I should have picked it back up immediately and finished the story then, I wish I had. This story touched my heart and made me think about what more I could being doing to experience the true meaning of Christmas in my daily life?

There is nothing quite like a Christmas season spent with family, good friends, and neighbors, but Kate Iverson is having a hard time catc
Jeanne Applegarth
Cute short Christmas story. Makes you feel good
Amanda Vanbeekum
Cute short story for the holidays.
Lisa
A charming, brief visit to Mark and Kate Iverson, Miss Eugenia, and the other characters in the Haggerty series, the best books in which are Hearts in Hiding and this longish story. I like the family history angle and wish that the story had been longer and had explained how the Iversons got into fostering babies, which they are doing without background in a later Haggerty book. A fine little Christmas read for LDS readers.
Thebarrys10
A fun, easy read with no murder or mystery! The same characters as in the author's other books are in this one and the plots are that it is Christmastime and everyone in town is decorating their door for a contest and the main character is struggling with the fact that she is not able to have any more children. Support, relationships and love is abundant.
Monica
Christmas in Haggerty is a compelling story of a small LDS family and their southern neighbors in the small town of Haggerty. Sharing friendship, love, and support is the essence of the small town leading up to Christmas. Miracles large and small happen as everyone shares the Christmas spirit.
Barbara
I liked it and it is a short read and easy to read. I really liked the fact that Kate found the missing child of that family and was able to put the family back together for all to see. I also liked the theme of her door. You'll have to read it to find out what I mean.
Brenda
Christmas with Miss Eugenia and the Iversons? I love it:) Darling story about listening, doing service and the importance of family. I loved Kate and Mark's interractions with one another, and grumpy old Miss Eugenia and her big old softy heart. Cute quick read:)
BreAn
A nice simple read. I finished it in under an hour. This is my first read of this author, but after reading great reviews on her, I was disappointed by the book. It felt rushed. But if you're looking for a simple and light book, you might enjoy this.
Betsy Crane
Good lessons and the truth of them made my heart swell but, the story was a round-a-bout way of getting those truths across. Not sure what the cookies recipe had to do with any of it, but it sounds like a good recipe. I will try it.
Sandra
I have read all of Green's books (to date) and although this one was good, it was not one of my favorites. It is very short and cute, but wasn't gripping like all her other ones are.
Rachel
I thought I already reviewed this. It was okay, nothing I would run out and read again. I guess a good christmas story but again, nothing special. I liked her earlier stuff better.
Beth Pearson
The Southern busy bodies make me smile. I like the wit and humor of the nosy neighbors and fighting old ladies. I found the story a bit too sweet, too ho hum for me to love it.
Kristine
Very fun--but especially since I "know" these characters so well, having read every "Haggerty" book I have been able to get my hands on! If you haven't, give them a try !
Dalesse
This is a sweet little story, but really short and a bit of a disappointment after the other great books Green has written about the characters in Haggarty.
Heather
family history mystery. getting over the lose of can't having more children. and the annual Christmas Door Decorating contest.
Victoria
better than average "Mormon lit"-- a bout a mom who wants more children but can't and how she "finds" the baby of her dreams.
Valerie
Wasn't quite what I was looking for. I was expecting more. It was a fast read, but I didn't like it very much.
Karijean31
short and sweet story but I enjoy the Haggerty books so it was fun to read and see what their characters were doing.
Katie Watkins
A cute southern Christmas story. I really enjoy the characters that Betsy Brannon Green brings to life.
Gloria
It was a really good short read. I wish I could read the story continued though.
Shayne
A cute Christmas book but not one that really got me like her others. Good for one read.
Jodie
I loved this book. Maybe it's because I love family history, but it was good.
Jennifer Farr
Nov 07, 2011 Jennifer Farr rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Joyce Olsen
This was a nice, fast read about the spirit of Christmas. I really liked it.
Elise
I really love this author, but this wasn't a favorite of mine.
Sheree
kind of cute - had a surprising ending from what I expected.
  • The Spirit of Christmas: Stories of the Season: Fictional Christmas Stories by Beloved Lds Authors
  • Lost and Found
  • A Time for the Heart
  • Ripple Effect (Undercurrents, #2)
  • Dead on Arrival (A Shandra Covington Mystery, #2)
  • Legend of the Jewel (Isabelle Webb, #1)
"WELCOME!!!!!

If you're not familiar with my books, I write mystery-suspense novels. I am LDS (Mormon) and so are some of my characters, but I have loyal readers from many different faiths. My goal is to engage the reader in my books. I want to make them laugh and cry and worry and dread the end.

Most of my books are set in the fictional town of Haggerty, Georgia - which is loosely based on my grand
More about Betsy Brannon Green...
Hearts in Hiding (Haggerty Mystery, #1) Hazardous Duty (Duty Series, #1) Until Proven Guilty (Haggerty Mystery, #2) Above Suspicion (Haggerty Mystery, #3) Above and Beyond (Duty Series, #2)