Start by marking “Where on Earth Is My Bagel?” as Want to Read:
Where on Earth Is My Bagel?

Where on Earth Is My Bagel?

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Yum Yum lives in Korea, where there are no bagels, but one day he just knows he needs to have one. A story on the power of perseverance. Color illustrations.
Published July 16th 2003 by National Geographic School Publishing (first published September 9th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Where on Earth Is My Bagel?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where on Earth Is My Bagel?

Joseph Pomatto
It is set in Korea but the kid wants a New York bagel, kinda through me for a loop but it teaches one to be patient
Connie
Yum Yung wants a bagel. A New York bagel, to be precise. How he got this idea, living in Korea (where there are no bagels that he knows of) is a bit of a mystery, but there it is.

So he decides to order in, but in the meantime it takes forever so he asks around. No surprise here, the people he asks are the same ones who has what he needs to MAKE a bagel at the end of the book.

Simple story, fun ending - it could only have been made better with the inclusion of a recipe.
Sharlet Mullen
I do not understand this book and why a begal from New York has anything to do with a child in Korea. The message is that anything can happen but very unrealistic.
Carla
Mar 24, 2008 Carla rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Carla by: Denise
Shelves: children
My sister-in-law has met the author and read her books. I took her recommendation and loved this and "The Good Day Cafe."
Ronna
Not as well written as her other books.
Hilary
Drab illustrations for a decent story line.
Colleen
Dec 21, 2010 Colleen added it
Shelves: 3rd-grade
Good for You - unit 7
Theme Library
Justin N
Justin N marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Myriam Villalobos
Myriam Villalobos marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Krista
Krista marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Robin Ryan
Robin Ryan marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Mattisyn Nather
Mattisyn Nather marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Julia H.
Julia H. marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Jadyn
Jadyn marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Layla
Layla added it
Jan 23, 2014
Kayleigh
Kayleigh marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl added it
Sep 22, 2013
Philippa
Philippa marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
Forest
Forest added it
Jun 07, 2013
Laura added it
May 28, 2013
Biblegirl Holton
Biblegirl Holton marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2013
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Sisters FRANCES AND GINGER PARK have been nibbling on bonbons and making friends at Chocolate Chocolate since 1984. Award-winning authors, the sisters love to write books for readers of all ages and have been interviewed on National Public Radio, 'Good Morning America', CNN and the Diane Rehm Show. Currently at work on separate novels, they still find time to collaborate. Their cookbook for childr ...more
More about Frances Park...
Chocolate Chocolate: The True Story of Two Sisters, Tons of Treats, and the Little Shop That Could To Swim Across the World When My Sister Was Cleopatra Moon The Royal Bee My Freedom Trip: A Child's Escape from North Korea