Start by marking “Where on Earth Is My Bagel?” as Want to Read:
Where on Earth Is My Bagel?

Where on Earth Is My Bagel?

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  36 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Yum Yum lives in Korea, where there are no bagels, but one day he just knows he needs to have one. A story on the power of perseverance. Color illustrations.
Published April 1st 2013 by Lee & Low Books (first published September 9th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Where on Earth Is My Bagel?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where on Earth Is My Bagel?

Natalia Leston
Jun 30, 2015 Natalia Leston rated it it was amazing
Text Set Book #4

This is a book about a boy, Yum Yum in Korea, who would like to eat a bagel but does not have access to any of the raw materials needed to make a bagel, and no matter who he asks, he cannot find the recipe for a New York style bagel. Finally, he works with the community to create his own version of a bagel.

This book can teach young students about perspective, and viewing the world from another country. While bagels are easily accessible here in NYC, they may not exist in other p
Joseph Pomatto
Sep 22, 2014 Joseph Pomatto rated it liked it
It is set in Korea but the kid wants a New York bagel, kinda through me for a loop but it teaches one to be patient
Connie
May 15, 2010 Connie rated it really liked it
Yum Yung wants a bagel. A New York bagel, to be precise. How he got this idea, living in Korea (where there are no bagels that he knows of) is a bit of a mystery, but there it is.

So he decides to order in, but in the meantime it takes forever so he asks around. No surprise here, the people he asks are the same ones who has what he needs to MAKE a bagel at the end of the book.

Simple story, fun ending - it could only have been made better with the inclusion of a recipe.
Sharlet Mullen
Jan 28, 2013 Sharlet Mullen rated it did not like it
Shelves: multicultural
I do not understand this book and why a begal from New York has anything to do with a child in Korea. The message is that anything can happen but very unrealistic.
Carla
Mar 24, 2008 Carla rated it really liked it
Recommended to Carla by: Denise
Shelves: children
My sister-in-law has met the author and read her books. I took her recommendation and loved this and "The Good Day Cafe."
Ronna
Mar 31, 2009 Ronna rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Not as well written as her other books.
Hilary
Apr 21, 2009 Hilary rated it liked it
Drab illustrations for a decent story line.
Colleen
Dec 21, 2010 Colleen added it
Shelves: 3rd-grade
Good for You - unit 7
Theme Library
Isaiah Rowell
Isaiah Rowell marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Kristi
Kristi marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Sheila
Sheila added it
Feb 14, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Rebekah Bennett
Rebekah Bennett rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2015
Malak
Malak marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2015
ThePinkCarrot
ThePinkCarrot marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2015
Ayana
Ayana marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2015
Marie
Marie rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2015
Nopie
Nopie added it
Feb 22, 2016
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Sonia
Sonia marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Emaan
Emaan marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Tiffini
Tiffini rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2015
Justin N
Justin N marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Myriam Villalobos
Myriam Villalobos marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Krista
Krista marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Sisters FRANCES AND GINGER PARK have been nibbling on bonbons and making friends at Chocolate Chocolate since 1984. Award-winning authors, the sisters love to write books for readers of all ages and have been interviewed on National Public Radio, 'Good Morning America', CNN and the Diane Rehm Show. Currently at work on separate novels, they still find time to collaborate. Their cookbook for childr ...more
More about Frances Park...