Start by marking “We Lived in Heaven: Spiritual Accounts of Souls Coming to Earth” as Want to Read:
We Lived in Heaven: Spiritual Accounts of Souls Coming to Earth

We Lived in Heaven: Spiritual Accounts of Souls Coming to Earth

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  79 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
There have been many books published about the near-death experience where people die and then are revived after visiting another realm. This book covers another part of that spiritual spectrum, the pre-birth experience. Author Sarah Hinze has compiled dozens of uplifting and remarkable accounts of parents and families who have had the opportunity to meet the souls of thei ...more
Published November 1st 2006 by Spring Creek Book Company (first published August 31st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about We Lived in Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We Lived in Heaven

Sabrina Rutter
Nov 11, 2012 Sabrina Rutter rated it it was ok
The subject of NDE's (near death experiences) has always fascinated me, and so when I found a book on the topic life before birth I couldn't wait to read it! I whole heartedly believe in a premortal life. I know I'm a child of a much higher being, as all of us are. We come from the light, and so shall we return. While I believe in all of this I don't particularly like the writing of a subject like this to be said in that type of new age voice. The thing is keep it simple, and allow the truth to ...more
Summer
Jun 23, 2008 Summer rated it really liked it
This book was a super quick read and so interesting. I didn't exactly believe all the stories and some got pretty weird, but some made me ccy. It was so easy to read, I think it took me a day. I found myself waiting for a "heavenly" experience after I was finished! I'd recommend to anybody.
Jen
Mar 02, 2012 Jen rated it it was amazing
We Lived in Heaven is a beautiful compilation, not of near-death experiences, but of "near-life experiences". As the cover states, it contains "Spiritual accounts of souls coming to earth", as in "pre-birth" experiences. There are dozens of them in this book, each one unique and with its own style. The author, Sarah Hinze, has spent years studying these experiences, and me having the opportunity to review these accounts has been a blessing.

Since each account is written by the one who experienced
Lexie
Apr 09, 2012 Lexie rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
We Lived in Heaven is a collection of 33 stories told by individuals who have had spiritual experiences with spirits who have yet to be born. The author, Sarah Hinze, compiled these stories, researched this phenomenon, and also shared her own personal experience.

"It is my hope that this book will reassure you that you come from heaven. You are a child of God and here on this earth by divine appointment. No matter how difficult the task may be, a loving Father's comfort is only a prayer away." (
Sheila
Mar 09, 2012 Sheila rated it really liked it
I have always been a firm believer in how thin the veil is between this Earthly world and Heaven. My experiences have mainly been because of things that happened after my infant son, Matthew, died. Most of the experiences that are shared in the book, We Lived in Heaven,occur before children are born. It shows how spirits have visited their families before their births. My church believes that we existed before this life. We also believe that we will live again after death.

I read this book on a S
Franziska
Well, I'm trying to figure out what I really thought about this book. I think my biggest issue was how the stories were presented. When I read that the author is THE source to have done research in pre-birth experiences, I simply expect something a little more professional, even though the topic is clearly deeply personal and spiritual. I just couldn't handle the extremely mushy tones at times. Being LDS myself, like the author, I also couldn't help but feel like she was trying to sound particul ...more
Deborah
Mar 12, 2012 Deborah rated it really liked it
We Lived in Heaven by Sarah Hinze is a compilation of various experiences dealing with before birth experiences. Accounts of families encounters with children yet to be born.
I strongly believe that this is something that happens more than is known. I have even had some experiences with my own children before they came to this earth. I even had some very wonderful experiences with those of my children I would not be privileged to raise at this time because they were too perfect for this world, w
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
The concept of "near-death experiences" is not a new one. There are many, many resources and studies available that document these experiences. Sarah Hinze has collected many stories similar to near death experiences, but they are ones she calls, "pre-birth experiences". The stories she shares include those of children who have memories of living in Heaven and parents who have received visits from children yet unborn

I think my favorite parts were the foreward and author's notes. The foreword was
Brooklynn
Oct 30, 2013 Brooklynn rated it really liked it
Characters: 3 --- Although, each story was brief and the characters were not thoroughly described, I rated characters a three. Considering my book was a mix between a story and an informational text, the characters were described as well as they could have been given the tiny stories they were featured in. Since each story was told in first person, the narrators were the characters in the stories. I thought that some of them were believable while others were not. One story, for example, talked a ...more
Danyelle Ferguson
Mar 05, 2012 Danyelle Ferguson rated it it was amazing
We Lived in Heaven is a heart-warming book that shares stories of pre-birth experiences. At first, I didn't quite understand what that meant - Were they talking about near death experiences when the person remembered that they had lived in Heaven before coming to earth as a baby?

But actually, it's from the point of view of parents or future-parents. Some are near-death experiences, several are from mothers who are pregnant, and others are from teens who had answers to prayers that showed them w
Brenda
Jan 13, 2010 Brenda rated it it was amazing
Very beautiful and real. I also had experiences where some of my children, grandchildren and a great-grandchild visited me before they were born. I'm thankful there are those who chose to share with Sarah Hinze for her book their children's visits to them before their birth. It helps to know I'm not alone. My children's "pre-birth visits" in my dreams were not all somber, sometimes they were funny interactions. I'm hestitant to share these experiences because of the risk of disbelief. I feel tho ...more
Candicetheresa
Feb 12, 2009 Candicetheresa rated it it was amazing
This book is so interesting! It was a little awkward to read about these people's extremely sacred experiences just because they are so sacred and I wondered if they should share them (they obviously felt inspired to share), but it made me rethink just how close heaven is and how amazing it is to have a little one in my life. Also to look at my own experiences in a more divine way.

The compiler is LDS and a lot of the entries are obviously from LDS people, which is to be expected since our relig
Liz
Jun 30, 2008 Liz rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: those interested in a preexistent realm before this earth life
Shelves: favorite
This was such a quick and fascinating read! I believe this was done by an LDS woman, but there are lots of stories from people of other denominations who have the same experiences of meeting their children before they are conceived/born, or they remember being brought to earth. I highly recommend this to those who are interested in a preexistence before this life. Just don't read the forward. It wasn't done well (it's the only part of the book that wasn't done well and it wasn't done by the auth ...more
Sandy T
Apr 20, 2008 Sandy T rated it liked it
We hear alot about near-death experiences, but this book has lots of what the writer calls "pre-birth experiences". She has collected examples of family members who in one way or another,(dreams, NDE's, etc.) knew about the baby that was going to be born. She also had various examples of young children who still remembered things about their life in heaven before they came here.
This book has a wonderful spirit to it and has given me lots of food for thought... it affirms what we've known all al
Katrina Lantz
Oct 14, 2013 Katrina Lantz rated it it was amazing
Lots of tears for this one. It was just so touching. Some of the accounts of pre-birth visions are particularly convincing, as in the story about the two red-headed children who appeared to several family members and then, lo and behold, the babies were born red-headed. I also love the personality many of these spirits exhibited that followed them into earth life. More proof that personality is eternal, just like life. I recommend this book to those who enjoy reading NDEs and/or consider themsel ...more
Stacie
Feb 02, 2008 Stacie rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars. Fascinating. Mystical. Just a simple short book with short stories of families who had unique experiences related to those waiting to be born to this earth. Makes you want to meditate with curiousity. Intertwined between stories are uplifting quotes from poets, authors, and others regarding where man came from. Would recommend to others who may have seen or heard their children before they were born to them.Or to those who are unsure that we came from God.
Eden Steffey
Dec 03, 2012 Eden Steffey rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Brionne, Megan
Shelves: wishlist
I love books about near death experiences and thought the topic of this book was just as interesting. The book was a compilation of various stories from different people. Some of the stories were long and gave a lot of background and detail, while others were very brief. I will definitely read more by this author.
Suzette
Mar 10, 2009 Suzette rated it it was ok
This book was very interesting, although I thought most of the stories were sensationalized. I do not doubt the ability to see into the next life, but I think the stories may have been exaggerated. There were several stories that were amazing.
Katri
Jun 13, 2007 Katri rated it liked it
I read this book right before the birth of my 4th child. I know that there is something prety amazing about a new person coming into the family. I enjoyed reading this book while preparing myself and family for our new arrival.
Amie
Jul 14, 2008 Amie rated it it was amazing
This is a book for those that believe, or would like to believe that we lived in Heaven before we came to this Earth. It is a beautiful thing. Stories of peoples personal experiences.
Brittany
Jan 09, 2008 Brittany rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed how it is a compilation of several short accounts. It makes is an easy read for those very very brief moments when you have a little extra time for yourself to read.
Joy
Jun 09, 2008 Joy rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Joy by: Brittany's book club
These stories were so sweet. I kept wiping tears from my eyes. I personally never had any visitation like these but have had friends who have. I totally believe these stories.
Elaine Shandra
Sep 21, 2009 Elaine Shandra rated it it was amazing
The author had been researching near death experiences and wondered if there were any "near birth" experiences. This book is an amazing collection of near-birth stories.
Crystal
Oct 28, 2008 Crystal rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Couldn't put it down. there are some amazing stories in here and i continue to think about them each day. a great read!
Jen
Mar 15, 2010 Jen rated it liked it
Thanks to my friend Kelli for giving me this book. It was fun to read while I am pregnant and anticipating a little soul from heaven.
Chelsey
Jul 05, 2008 Chelsey rated it really liked it
The experiences seem too sacred to publish but very helpful to my tender soul. I am grateful that those in this book chose to share.
Christie
Feb 26, 2008 Christie rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-age
I enjoyed this book. I love the "prebirth" concept. I loved the stories from all religions, races, ages, genders etc.
JoDean
Apr 02, 2008 JoDean rated it liked it
Shelves: inspirational
Short storied that illustrate that we lived before we came to earth.
Carol
May 15, 2011 Carol rated it really liked it
A nice complement to life-after-death experiences.
Rebecca
Nov 27, 2009 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: inspirational
Fascinating and faith promoting.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Free Book Giveaway: "We Lived in Heaven" Book Giveaway - no entries yet! 1 5 Mar 03, 2012 09:03PM