Start by marking “Put Your Heart on Paper: Staying Connected In A Loose-Ends World” as Want to Read:
Put Your Heart on Paper: Staying Connected In A Loose-Ends World

Put Your Heart on Paper: Staying Connected In A Loose-Ends World

3.60  ·  Rating Details  ·  45 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Put Your Heart On Paper is filled with the inspiring true stories of what happens when people write from their hearts: the shared insights, the new beginnings, the dreams that miraculously come true. In 50 provocative short chapters, acclaimed author Henriette Klauser shows the power of the written word in everyday life -- bringing together parents and children, strengthen ...more
Published July 20th 2011 by Bantam (first published August 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Put Your Heart on Paper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Put Your Heart on Paper

Teresa
Feb 23, 2008 Teresa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book back in 1995 or '96 at a time when I must've felt it would help me. And it did. The one thing I needed to read from it then was this one line: "Writing a description of what you want is a way of saying you believe that it's attainable and you are ready to receive it." Through the years, I'd pick up the book again, read a chapter, skim some, and then I'd put it away, but not 'using' anything else from it.

Now, even more years later, I decided to finally finish it and send it al
Richard
Aug 30, 2008 Richard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author teaches in short chapters how to communicate through writing in a variety of ways such as formal letters to others; cooperative journals where one party writes then another reads what is said and writes back. Thus communication exists that might not have otherwise. Very simply written; an excellent book that I will add to my collection and will refer to often. Klauser’s proposal is that the written word, even if it is just a short note, is more valuable than spoken word. People treasu ...more
Pam
Feb 03, 2013 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book kind of jumped out at me as I used to enjoy writing letters and had fallen out of practice. I had forgotten how writing my thoughts was freeing and utterly enjoyable.

I have started a family notebook, one where each family member reads the letters written, if they choose, to everybody. I have also taken pen to paper to friends and family to tell each of them whatever happens to come to mind. For in that moment there is truth.

I recommend this book to those who hold anger or love, resen
Gail
Feb 02, 2015 Gail rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-read
Monica
Some good insights. Disappointing though how disconnected the author seems with the reader considering the title and sub-title. The book's size/shape unpleasant. The gems were too far between monotony.
Rebecca
Apr 14, 2010 Rebecca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a gift from my sister many, many years ago. I still every so often go back and read parts of it. It is amazing the power of the written word :)
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Genia
Genia marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Yoko Tsukii
Yoko Tsukii marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Kc Meinhold
Kc Meinhold marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Julia Ris
Julia Ris marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Lauren Chaya Zahava
Lauren Chaya Zahava marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Jennifer Sardam
Jennifer Sardam marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
Cathy D
Cathy D rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2015
Jose
Jose is currently reading it
Oct 06, 2015
Sarah Young keitges
Sarah Young keitges marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Jj
Jj marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Rose
Rose rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2015
Chelsea Carlson
Chelsea Carlson rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Turmalin
Turmalin marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
LemontreeLime
LemontreeLime marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Lisagarden
Lisagarden marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Caitlin Strong
Caitlin Strong rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2015
Karen Mcgowan
Karen Mcgowan rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2015
Kevin Mayfield
Kevin Mayfield marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015