Start by marking “Goddamn Redneck Surfer Zombies” as Want to Read:
Goddamn Redneck Surfer Zombies

Goddamn Redneck Surfer Zombies

3.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  33 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
"People stopped coming to the North Carolina coast when the dead returned to the beach after four decades away." A story about a small beach town that's slowly dying, only to have a wave of zombies drop in on them. On surfboards.

A tale of life, death, and life after death, but most of all, a story about living.

“GRSZ” was first published in The Book of More Flesh, October
Published June 15th 2011 by UnWrecked Press (first published September 25th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Goddamn Redneck Surfer Zombies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goddamn Redneck Surfer Zombies

Teresa
Oct 28, 2011 Teresa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bizarro-horror
Very quick, and even better, free read! That's right...its free...you should really read it. It will only take like 15 minutes, I swear. Its definitely well worth your time! I can't say much more without ruining the whole thing, but it is a very enjoyable, very quick, very funny, very blah blah blah, very whatever book....now go read it!
Jennifer Wardrip
I admit - I only picked up this short story because 1) it was free, and 2) the title made me snort Pepsi out my nose. Not the usual requirements I have for picking up a new book, but hey, I'm a sucker for catchy titles that make me think of brains.

What I didn't expect was to actually enjoy the ten minutes I spent reading the story.

When the tide comes in, and the waves are good, the zombies rise from their graves and drag their coffin lids to the shore to do some surfing. And when you feel no pai
Netanella
Great title. Even better story.
Rachel Tsoumbakos
Nov 02, 2011 Rachel Tsoumbakos rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zombies, redneck, surfer
The only regret I have with this book is its size. I fell in love with the characters (even the zombies), right from the first page. I know this is only a short story, but I would love to see it developed into a full sized novel. After all, why did the zombies exist? The author is hilarious in his descriptions, I really can't praise this story enough!
Lindy Duree
Nov 28, 2011 Lindy Duree rated it really liked it
What a fun book if you can get past some of the language. The community is overrun with zombies. How they deal with them is unique.
Amy
Sep 20, 2011 Amy marked it as to-read
Sometimes I just have to read a book for the title alone.
Karin
Nov 10, 2015 Karin rated it it was amazing
How can you not enjoy a quirky story about redneck surfer zombies? This book was truly a super enjoyable read.
Pat Loughery
A silly but decent short story followed by two novel excerpts. The short story was 2-star worthy, the novel excerpts didn't catch my attention.
Cathy
Sep 06, 2013 Cathy rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-books
Short but amusing story about... goddamn redneck surfer zombies.
M S
M S rated it it was ok
Apr 12, 2016
Scott Moore
Scott Moore rated it did not like it
Dec 31, 2015
Wendy Cartier
Wendy Cartier marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
james lam
james lam rated it did not like it
Aug 23, 2015
J.E. Clymer
J.E. Clymer marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Valorie
Valorie rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2015
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Ash Tsuji
Ash Tsuji rated it did not like it
Jan 29, 2015
R_mills
R_mills marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Sludgey
Sludgey marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Brittney Nichols
Brittney Nichols rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2015
Rene Guyton
Rene Guyton marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Tracy
Tracy rated it it was ok
Dec 04, 2014
Lydia
Lydia rated it it was ok
Dec 16, 2014
Lynda
Lynda marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Charlie Thompson
Charlie Thompson rated it liked it
May 13, 2014
Warner Kirts
Warner Kirts rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2014
Mitch Geller
Mitch Geller rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2013
Bonnie Vincent
Bonnie Vincent rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2013
Michael Jasper is fascinated with exploring the places where the normal meets the strange. In pursuit of this fascination, he has published ten novels, a story collection, and over six dozen short stories, along with a digital comic with artist Niki Smith.

In the past he's tried bartending, teaching junior high, painting houses, being a secret shopper, working construction, and many more jobs; he p
More about Michael Jasper...