Start by marking “Redbone” as Want to Read:
Redbone

Redbone

Where, oh where, have Farah's roommates all gone?
When Farah Cotton placesa classified ad stating, "Cute redbone female looking to share aluxury apartment with another redbone female,"many women apply.One look at the lush apartment in Washington, D.C., and every fly girl aroundwantsa chance to call Platinum Lofts her new home.
The momentFarah lays eyes onLesaCarmine, a pre
Published December 27th 2011 by Urban Books

To ask other readers questions about Redbone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redbone

Mary
Feb 18, 2014 Mary rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
I'm a huge T. Styles fan but i can honestly say i wasn't a big fan of this book. Parts of it dragged on and on. I began to wonder if I even cared what happened to the characters. Farah went from a quiet meek child to a monster. I will say the entire Cotton family is crazy and needed some mental help.
Charlene Richardson
Apr 11, 2012 Charlene Richardson rated it did not like it
I just finished reading Redbone and I am so disappointed. When I read the synopsis I just knew I was going to love this story and I am a huge fan of T.Styles's work. The book started off okay and I really liked the way she brought to light the light skinned vs dark skinned issue that is often brought to our attention by media and especially rappers. That was until she wore it out. It seemed that Farah was mentioning the word "redbone" every couple of sentences. And I am used to T.Styles's weirdn ...more
Vette
Apr 08, 2012 Vette rated it really liked it
At first I was like WTH is my favorite author doing with this story. (I just can't)! As I continue to read on I see how everything is falling in place. You must b a fan of T. STYLES to enjoy her crazy, sick, twisted, WTH is she writing story line. It is a bit different but, kept u like this is not real so u must read on. Is the story done is there a pt2 who knows?
Monique
Well I cant adequately describe the levels of drama in this book and can easily preface this review with this advice: Make sure you have the time to devote to this thick page turner because you will not want to stop reading..This book was crazy and wild in so many ways but in a sneaky, educated way there is also a fascinating exploration into the belittling and degrading belief of some that the lighter the skin the better..the theme of redbones and light skinned girls is addressed heavily throug ...more
Arielle Crowell
Aug 06, 2012 Arielle Crowell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-club
I am giving this book 5 stars because in all honesty, it was good. I don't want to rate T.Styles against her other books because this one is so unlike those. This book is its own book in its own right and therefore must stand alone to be judged. The concept of this young woman, Farah having so many issues was a good concept. I can understand why her mind and perception of the world would be skewed. Farah's character development was very good, however I felt she never really grew. She grew into a ...more
Carla
Apr 28, 2012 Carla rated it liked it
I was very excited to read " Redbone" by T. Styles. I preordered it weeks before the release date. Redbone is the story of Farah Cotton, a young woman who's suffered through rejection all because of her skin.Not only is she lighter than all the other members of her family but she also suffers from a debilitating skin disease.Her childhood, along with her demented family, affects the person she turns into as an adult and all I can say is watch out!
Redbone was not what I was expecting. The Synop
Monique
Totally not what I thought it was going to be...I so wish I could unread so of it. So wild, strange and demented...read at your own risk. I wish someone would have warned me as I would have stayed away. I gave it 3 stars becuase the story was unique and I couldn't guess the end but it makes me scared to go out at night. Hope T. Styles goes back to what i know she writes well...real urban lit becuase this was straight up crazy.
Beautifulma
Oct 07, 2014 Beautifulma rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
*Not Fiction...more like demented fantasy* This book was very, very weird and has me slightly questioning the mental state of the author. A lot of detail went into describing things that didn't need some much description (Farah's dump while on the phone) and a lot of things that could have used better explaining seemed to be skipped over. How many murders and drug dealers you stole from can one person run from?
Shanaya
Feb 27, 2014 Shanaya rated it it was amazing
this book was jaw dropping my only problems was a couple of the murders didn't add up. (SPOILER ALERT) for starters farrah never went to see her mother so what changed her mind to go see her this time and to kill her at that? even though she did admit to knox about the murder she said she slit her throat the bullet would is still a mystery. another murder that didnt make sense is the fat pudgy kid the landlord son. if farrah killed him when did she cause the night that slade and his brothers we' ...more
Nicole
Aug 02, 2012 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay what just happened. Lol like I said before and know it feel like I'm left hanging. I have so many questions about this book I don't even know where to begin. Is Farah dead or what about the Baker brothers and their mother? What happen to Shadow and Mia? Did Randy kill Audio and Chloe? Like I said alot of questions.
Erica
Oct 02, 2012 Erica rated it did not like it
This book was a flop. People told me T styles was a good writer so I got this book & it was all over the place & ended stupidly. The synopsis of the book doesn't even go with the story & its no type if closer at the end of the book. A waist of money & time.
Rhonda
Apr 28, 2012 Rhonda rated it it was amazing
omg I wish I had more stars... I hope T. Styles wont leave us hanging... this book is absolutely amazing although Im not surprised coming from the author of the shyt list series....my only question is when can we expect part 2?!?!
Mia L.
Sep 29, 2015 Mia L. rated it it was amazing
My God was this a page turner! I was beyond annoyed by the light skin vs dark skin factor and for the life of me couldn't understand how someone could want to be someone else so bad. Even though we don't like to talk about it this is actually going on in the world around us today. The media has shown you what they THINK YOU should look like that's why all you see now is skin bleaching, silicon injections, waist trainers, & highly priced imported weave. Not knowing real love from a child can ...more
Nikki Lajoy (mommy and the books)
I'm a big T. Styles fan but after reading this I realized that not everything my favorite author will write I will like to the fullest. This was about a woman named Farah Cotton and how she was obsessed with her skin complexion. Farah has light skin compared to the rest of her family who all have much darker skin tones. Farah grew up in a bad setting, she was always told that light skin people always thought they were better so she always felt her mother's wraft because of it. Her mother hated F ...more
K Nikki  Waden
May 02, 2012 K Nikki Waden rated it really liked it
The mind of TStyles is something to be examined,this book was not her usual banger it was long,but readable and as always crazy as hell.It was more like a 3.5 star for me.
Kim
Jun 24, 2012 Kim rated it did not like it
Didn't make it through the prologue.
Terri
Apr 13, 2012 Terri rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, 2012, borrowed
This book was a mess!
Stephanie Wiley
Jan 01, 2015 Stephanie Wiley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-books
During the first half of the book I was really taken aback ... My thoughts were simply "this is a joke" no way did the infamous T. Styles write this; there was no TWISTED-NESS in sight but because Momma T is my favorite author, I continued to read and boy was I totally wrong! The TWISTED-NESS came for me and came for me HARD! Murder mayhem and the drinking of human blood ... you cannot get any more TWISTED than that!!! My T. Styles did not disappoint me one bit! I am definitely ready to read mor ...more
Lunden
Apr 11, 2013 Lunden rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013
I loved the dark skin/light skin thread throughout the book. I also enjoyed the first half or so of the book as well. The story involving the Cotton family was pretty interesting in my opinion. I liked how the author introduced the characters although at times, there were too many. I wasn't crazy about Farah and her vampire like ways. I thought it was a far stretch and not very realistic at all. With that said, it added another turn to the book which was needed. I liked Slade's character and his ...more
Angela Batts
Apr 30, 2015 Angela Batts rated it really liked it
I don't agree with a lot of other reviews about this book. I totally understand and get the reason the story was written the way that it was. I didn't think the issue of dark skinned versus light skinned was overly done, it brought about the prospective of how many people think today & it gave you the history of how all of that started. This is a work of fiction and even though this is not a typical twisted T. Styles exclusive, it's a nice read!!
Keyaria
Nov 22, 2012 Keyaria rated it it was amazing
My thoughts on REDBONE, for one, let me just say that the book was nothing like I thought it would be. I don’t know why I would expect a somewhat normal book for T. Styles, but she has done it again with the crazy tail of Farah Cotton. As usual, you have to pay attention to everything in her books, because every little detail eventually adds building plot or the cut off of the book so to speak. I did think that there could have been more details at some parts in the book, and I was very curious ...more
Renee
Jul 08, 2014 Renee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was different, the storyline and synopsis were a bit off, the author T. Styles kind of dragged on the light and dark skin issue throughout the book. I've read a prior book so I'm getting used to this weird, sadistic style of writing, maybe in part two will have more drama without so much reminding us of the skin color issues.
Auntie_Roni
Aug 25, 2014 Auntie_Roni rated it really liked it
Shelves: twisted
This book placed a magnifying glass on the light skin versus dark skin drama that can occur in a tortured mind. The way Brownie treated Farah is an all too common phenomenon with mothers having issues with a child's father and projecting it onto the child. This book made me remember that most monsters are created, not born. Kudos to T. Styles for the crafty way she unfolded the family of horrors.
Stacey Price
May 09, 2014 Stacey Price rated it it was ok
This was the first book that I have read by this author and the book is long and I only made it half the way thru this bbok just kept saying the same thing over and over again. I will try and read something else by this author.
Denise Gilliam
Mar 13, 2016 Denise Gilliam rated it it was amazing
This is my second time reading this book. It's was better the second time around. My favorite person is Farrah she was that girl. I really interested seeing how I feel reading part 2 over again. Until the next time.
Serena
Georgette
Jul 27, 2014 Georgette rated it liked it
this is a definite page turner, interesting enough but all over the place.... very long and drawn out. enjoyable none the less, bout to get part 2
Dalesha R
Sep 22, 2015 Dalesha R rated it it was amazing
Now this book was a strange number. I read part two but now I'm waiting on parts 3
Chazmyn Miller
Jul 27, 2014 Chazmyn Miller rated it it was ok
This book wasn't bad, just very disturbing.
Felecia Wilkins
  • Quita's DayScare Center
  • From Mistress to Wifey
  • Shyt List 4
  • Deep Throat Diva
  • Natural Born Liar (The Misadventures of Mink LaRue, #1)
  • The Dirty Divorce
  • Real Wifeys: On the Grind
  • Hell House
  • The Available Wife Part 2
  • Bad Apple - The Baddest Chick
Buy "AND THEY CALL ME GOD here: http://www.amazon.com/They-Call-Carte...

Preorder "THE UNGRATEFUL BASTARDS" here: http://www.amazon.com/The-Ungrateful-...

Preorder "LIPSTICK DOM" here: http://www.amazon.com/Lipstick-Dom-Ca...

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Author. Show Host, Motivational Speaker.

Award Winning CEO of The Cartel Publications - an international, independent publishing house, Mean Girls Magazine, Ric
More about T. Styles...

“If you hear nothing else I say, hear this . . . you will always attract a mate who personifies who you are. If you’re a gold-digger you gonna get a drug dealer who thinks he can buy you. If you hate yourself, you gonna get a nigga who will kick your ass every day and six times on Monday. And if you violent, you’re gonna attract a monster. It will always be true. All the time. No exceptions.” 0 likes