Start by marking “Redbone” as Want to Read:
Redbone

Redbone

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  243 ratings  ·  52 reviews
When Farah Cotton places an ad stating 'cute redbone female looking to share a luxury apartment with another redbone female', she is inundated with applicactions. When she sets eyes on Lesa Carmine, a pretty woman with an active lifestyle and sunny disposition, she knows she's found the perfect girl for her ultimate plan!
Published December 27th 2011 by Urban Books

To ask other readers questions about Redbone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redbone

Mary
Feb 18, 2014 Mary rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
I'm a huge T. Styles fan but i can honestly say i wasn't a big fan of this book. Parts of it dragged on and on. I began to wonder if I even cared what happened to the characters. Farah went from a quiet meek child to a monster. I will say the entire Cotton family is crazy and needed some mental help.
Charlene Richardson
I just finished reading Redbone and I am so disappointed. When I read the synopsis I just knew I was going to love this story and I am a huge fan of T.Styles's work. The book started off okay and I really liked the way she brought to light the light skinned vs dark skinned issue that is often brought to our attention by media and especially rappers. That was until she wore it out. It seemed that Farah was mentioning the word "redbone" every couple of sentences. And I am used to T.Styles's weirdn ...more
Vette
At first I was like WTH is my favorite author doing with this story. (I just can't)! As I continue to read on I see how everything is falling in place. You must b a fan of T. STYLES to enjoy her crazy, sick, twisted, WTH is she writing story line. It is a bit different but, kept u like this is not real so u must read on. Is the story done is there a pt2 who knows?
Monique
Well I cant adequately describe the levels of drama in this book and can easily preface this review with this advice: Make sure you have the time to devote to this thick page turner because you will not want to stop reading..This book was crazy and wild in so many ways but in a sneaky, educated way there is also a fascinating exploration into the belittling and degrading belief of some that the lighter the skin the better..the theme of redbones and light skinned girls is addressed heavily throug ...more
Carla
I was very excited to read " Redbone" by T. Styles. I preordered it weeks before the release date. Redbone is the story of Farah Cotton, a young woman who's suffered through rejection all because of her skin.Not only is she lighter than all the other members of her family but she also suffers from a debilitating skin disease.Her childhood, along with her demented family, affects the person she turns into as an adult and all I can say is watch out!
Redbone was not what I was expecting. The Synop
Monique
Totally not what I thought it was going to be...I so wish I could unread so of it. So wild, strange and demented...read at your own risk. I wish someone would have warned me as I would have stayed away. I gave it 3 stars becuase the story was unique and I couldn't guess the end but it makes me scared to go out at night. Hope T. Styles goes back to what i know she writes well...real urban lit becuase this was straight up crazy.
Shanaya
this book was jaw dropping my only problems was a couple of the murders didn't add up. (SPOILER ALERT) for starters farrah never went to see her mother so what changed her mind to go see her this time and to kill her at that? even though she did admit to knox about the murder she said she slit her throat the bullet would is still a mystery. another murder that didnt make sense is the fat pudgy kid the landlord son. if farrah killed him when did she cause the night that slade and his brothers we' ...more
Nicole
Okay what just happened. Lol like I said before and know it feel like I'm left hanging. I have so many questions about this book I don't even know where to begin. Is Farah dead or what about the Baker brothers and their mother? What happen to Shadow and Mia? Did Randy kill Audio and Chloe? Like I said alot of questions.
Erica
This book was a flop. People told me T styles was a good writer so I got this book & it was all over the place & ended stupidly. The synopsis of the book doesn't even go with the story & its no type if closer at the end of the book. A waist of money & time.
Rhonda
omg I wish I had more stars... I hope T. Styles wont leave us hanging... this book is absolutely amazing although Im not surprised coming from the author of the shyt list series....my only question is when can we expect part 2?!?!
K Nikki  Waden
The mind of TStyles is something to be examined,this book was not her usual banger it was long,but readable and as always crazy as hell.It was more like a 3.5 star for me.
Kim
Didn't make it through the prologue.
Terri
This book was a mess!
Arielle Crowell
I am giving this book 5 stars because in all honesty, it was good. I don't want to rate T.Styles against her other books because this one is so unlike those. This book is its own book in its own right and therefore must stand alone to be judged. The concept of this young woman, Farah having so many issues was a good concept. I can understand why her mind and perception of the world would be skewed. Farah's character development was very good, however I felt she never really grew. She grew into a ...more
Stephanie Wiley
During the first half of the book I was really taken aback ... My thoughts were simply "this is a joke" no way did the infamous T. Styles write this; there was no TWISTED-NESS in sight but because Momma T is my favorite author, I continued to read and boy was I totally wrong! The TWISTED-NESS came for me and came for me HARD! Murder mayhem and the drinking of human blood ... you cannot get any more TWISTED than that!!! My T. Styles did not disappoint me one bit! I am definitely ready to read mor ...more
Lunden
Apr 11, 2013 Lunden rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
I loved the dark skin/light skin thread throughout the book. I also enjoyed the first half or so of the book as well. The story involving the Cotton family was pretty interesting in my opinion. I liked how the author introduced the characters although at times, there were too many. I wasn't crazy about Farah and her vampire like ways. I thought it was a far stretch and not very realistic at all. With that said, it added another turn to the book which was needed. I liked Slade's character and his ...more
Keyaria
My thoughts on REDBONE, for one, let me just say that the book was nothing like I thought it would be. I don’t know why I would expect a somewhat normal book for T. Styles, but she has done it again with the crazy tail of Farah Cotton. As usual, you have to pay attention to everything in her books, because every little detail eventually adds building plot or the cut off of the book so to speak. I did think that there could have been more details at some parts in the book, and I was very curious ...more
Renee
It was different, the storyline and synopsis were a bit off, the author T. Styles kind of dragged on the light and dark skin issue throughout the book. I've read a prior book so I'm getting used to this weird, sadistic style of writing, maybe in part two will have more drama without so much reminding us of the skin color issues.
Auntie_Roni
This book placed a magnifying glass on the light skin versus dark skin drama that can occur in a tortured mind. The way Brownie treated Farah is an all too common phenomenon with mothers having issues with a child's father and projecting it onto the child. This book made me remember that most monsters are created, not born. Kudos to T. Styles for the crafty way she unfolded the family of horrors.
Stacey Price
This was the first book that I have read by this author and the book is long and I only made it half the way thru this bbok just kept saying the same thing over and over again. I will try and read something else by this author.
Serena
Georgette
this is a definite page turner, interesting enough but all over the place.... very long and drawn out. enjoyable none the less, bout to get part 2
Chazmyn Miller
This book wasn't bad, just very disturbing.
Felecia Wilkins
A definite page turner!
Sheryl Boyce
This book was lonnng but it was good! The Cottons are crazy killers! Didn't quite understand the sickness they suffered from but I felt sorry for them sometimes. Farrah, the youngest one had it bad. Plus she had the benning light-skin syndrome.(lighter is better stupidness) They all grew up to be some mixed up individuals but Farrah was straight coocoo for coco puffs LOL. It really shocked me in the end who was telling the story. It is a book worth reading and it will hold your interest all 600 ...more
Agent Smith
1.5 stars. This book got really annoying after a while-it was pointless & the story was all over the place. The ending made no sense. I thought this book was going to be better than it was-it sounded interesting but was nothing like the description on the back of the book. The feud w/the roommate was pointless b/c it had no resolution-that part of the story just dropped off & then the Baker Brother story line popped up, wtf??? U slipping T.
Mel
I thought this book was a little weird. I've liked other books by T. Styles so, I was surprised. I also thought the usage of the word Redbone was overdone. It's fine to discuss problems within a community but, I guess that may depend on the forum? I am gearing up to read part 2. Hoping it's a little better and maybe some sense can be made from the vampire aspect. I know the main character won't suddenly become likeable.
Beautifulma
*Not Fiction...more like demented fantasy* This book was very, very weird and has me slightly questioning the mental state of the author. A lot of detail went into describing things that didn't need some much description (Farah's dump while on the phone) and a lot of things that could have used better explaining seemed to be skipped over. How many murders and drug dealers you stole from can one person run from?
Sherri
I would have given this book 5 stars but I was so frustrated with the ending. Otherwise the book was fantastic. It held my attention from page 1. This was the first book that I have read by this Author and I really love her writing style. I am currently reading my second book from her and so far it is really good too. I think everyone should give Toy Styles a try. You won't be disappointed!
Shawntel
I usually love T. Styles books however this book just fell short. It jumped around too much and had too much unnecessary things in it. It was not at all what I expected it to be. However I love T. Styles and will always be a fan and continue to read all her books!!
The Ending ( WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!) 2 10 Aug 06, 2012 04:03PM
  • Baby Momma
  • Heist
  • Shyt List 4
  • The Dirty Divorce 2
  • Quita's DayScare Center
  • Boss Bitch (Bitch, #7)
  • Natural Born Liar (The Misadventures of Mink LaRue, #1)
  • Deep Throat Diva
  • From Mistress to Wifey
  • Guilty Gucci
  • Insatiable
  • Bad Apple - The Baddest Chick
  • Deadly Decisions
  • A Love Story 2
  • The Available Wife
Author. Show Host, Motivational Speaker.

Award Winning CEO of The Cartel Publications - an international, independent publishing house, Mean Girls Magazine, Rich Bitch Publications and Cartel Urban Cinema.

Toy's publishing house, The Cartel Publications, is the face of today's urban fiction and street fiction industries. In both the digital and print world, the Cartel represents the best her generat
More about T. Styles...
Black & Ugly Raunchy Black & Ugly as Ever A Hustler's Son (Triple Crown Publications Presents) Mad's Love (Raunchy #2)