Start by marking “Arthur Rackham Fairy Book” as Want to Read:
Arthur Rackham Fairy Book

Arthur Rackham Fairy Book

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Twenty-two of the best-known fairy tales from the Arabian Nights, Perrault, Hans Christian Andersen, and other sources.
Published November 2nd 1987 by Weathervane Books (first published 1933)

To ask other readers questions about Arthur Rackham Fairy Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arthur Rackham Fairy Book

Joyce
I do believe there were one or two fairy tales that I hadn't read before, (or perhaps it's just been a long time since I've heard them) but the main reason I borrowed this collection of fairy tales was to admire Arthur Rackham's illustrations, and his coloured illustrations in particular did not disappoint.
Jen (Fefferbooks)
I've owned this book nearly since I was born. When I got married, I scrounged through boxes in my parents' garage to salvage it from donation, because I have such fond meories of it from my childhood. It's a lovely book of 23 classic (and not-so) fairy tales, illustrated beautifully both in color and in black and white.
Matthias
Good number from Perrault, Hans Christian Anderson, and selections from The Arabian Nights. There are a couple other sources. I'd read a number of these before, but not with the benefit of Rackam's engrossing illustrations. He draws really big feet, I noticed. I enjoyed this collection.
Geraldine
This is as good as it gets! The illustrations by Rackham are enchanting, and so are the stories by Grimm, Hans Christian Anderson, Perrault, the Arabian Knights.
Sarah Pfau
Sarah Pfau marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Laura Sorrells
Laura Sorrells marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Korgoth
Korgoth marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Jill
Jill added it
Jan 19, 2015
Violetta
Violetta marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Lise Garçon
Lise Garçon marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Jennifer Tait
Jennifer Tait marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Thomas Smith
Thomas Smith marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Alice Bliss
Alice Bliss marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Vera Lopez
Vera Lopez marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Brent
Brent marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Davonna Juroe
Davonna Juroe marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Mari
Mari marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
☆ Ruth ☆
☆ Ruth ☆ marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Katarina Kljajic
Katarina Kljajic marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Arthur Rackham was born in London as one of 12 children. At the age of 18, he worked as a clerk at the Westminster Fire Office and began studying part-time at the Lambeth School of Art.

In 1892, he quit his job and started working for The Westminster Budget as a reporter and illustrator. His first book illustrations were published in 1893 in To the Other Side by Thomas Rhodes, but his first serious
More about Arthur Rackham...
The Arthur Rackham Treasury: 86 Full-Color Illustrations Rackham's Fairy Tale Illustrations Rackham's Color Illustrations for Wagner's "Ring" Cinderella Traditional Irish Fairy Tales