Start by marking “The Office of Lost and Found” as Want to Read:
The Office of Lost and Found

The Office of Lost and Found

3.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  35 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Thomas Locke can find anything. You know the hurricane that hit a while back? Word is he found the butterfly that started it. So, when a desperate Veronica Drysdale hires Locke to find her missing husband, it makes perfect sense.

Except the world of Thomas Locke doesn't make sense. It puts monsters under the bed, makes stars fall from the sky and leads little children to wo
Published (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Office of Lost and Found, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Paul
Jul 04, 2011 Paul rated it really liked it
Before we begin I have a couple of questions. How do you feel about novels that feature a character reincarnated as a toaster? Would you have a problem if the toaster was called Leonard? If you have issues with either of these questions I would advise reading no further. I can tell you now, that this novel is not for you. Perhaps you might wish to consider doing something else instead? I’ve been told gardening is a very popular pastime?

Ahh your still here, jolly good. You’re interested aren’t yo
Joanna
Jul 07, 2012 Joanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a strange one. Somewhat like a Douglas Adams book, but a lot darker.
Think of the final parts of Fforde’s Shades of Grey compared to his Thursday Next series.
Monique Snyman
Mar 08, 2015 Monique Snyman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What made me want to read this book in the first place was the blurb on the cover of The Office of Lost & Found by Vincent Holland-Keen. When someone compares a book to Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy it strikes a nerve ... I mean, how dare anyone compare something to one of the greatest books in the existence of mankind? Needless to say, I'm quite a fan of Adams, so The Office of Lost & Found had some rather huge shoes to fill if it wanted to impress me.

Good thing it
Tony
Jul 03, 2011 Tony rated it really liked it
When Andy Remic tweets that he is looking for people to advance read new book on his Anarchy Books publishing company it has to be worth a look. When the author is described as a new talent in the vein of Pratchett or Adams well that kinda seals the deal. This is the second book released by Anarchy Books and the first that isn’t by Andy Remic, so it is quite important that it sets a good standard.

The feeling I got whilst reading this book took me back to reading Good Omens all those years ago. I
Luca
Jul 17, 2012 Luca rated it it was amazing
Coming in at over 500 pages, 'The Office of Lost and Found' is a novel unlike anything you are likely to read this year. Probably next year as well. It's staggeringly different to anything else I've read since picking up a copy of a Douglas Adams book when I was a teenager, really enjoying it and then never reading anything in the same vein since. With character names which border on the ridiculous, situations which still make no sense to me and a plot which continually surprises right up to the ...more
Elizabeth A.
Apr 19, 2012 Elizabeth A. rated it it was amazing
To call Vincent Holland-Keen’s debut novel The Office of Lost & Found merely “strange” is an understatement of epic proportions. Of course, in my world strange means creative, original, enchanting, challenging, and mind-blowing, which means the über strange of The Office of Lost & Found makes for an amazing read; one of my Top 5 of 2011 in fact.

It’s kind of difficult to explain a book that damn near requires you to keep a scratch pad or dry erase board handy in order to keep people and p
Amanda
Aug 23, 2011 Amanda rated it it was ok
I think I can count on one hand the times I've been unable to finish reading a book. It happens incredibly rarely, since I'm generally stubborn enough to push through and find out what happens at the end. Unfortunately, The Office of Lost and Found by Vincent Holland-Keen is one of those rare books.

I couldn't complete this not because of the premise (which was kooky and interesting) and not because of the writing (which tended towards being pretty good). The reason I couldn't finish The Office o
Jakub
Jan 30, 2015 Jakub rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was surprisingly neat. A tasty combination of Neil Gaiman (for style of presentation) and Douglas Adams (for setting and humour). Starts as seemingly unrelated stories, combines to rather unusual mix. Not really dark, but rather realistic - while staying funny.
Matthew
Jan 13, 2016 Matthew rated it really liked it
A really wild read... lots of fun, bewildering pace sometimes, but a lot of fun, and funny, too.
Matthew Holmes
Sep 27, 2012 Matthew Holmes rated it did not like it
I abandoned reading this book because it's just too confusing.
Rechielle
Rechielle marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Cheekylala_kindle
Cheekylala_kindle marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Jen Johnson
Jen Johnson marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Chris Hyde
Chris Hyde marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Nospin
Nospin added it
Jan 21, 2016
Jo Evans
Jo Evans rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Michael Fierce
Michael Fierce marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
Sandra S Conson
Sandra S Conson rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2015
Michael Keefe
Michael Keefe rated it did not like it
Jul 28, 2015
Bob Burdett
Bob Burdett rated it did not like it
Jun 16, 2015
Craig
Craig rated it it was ok
Mar 21, 2015
Dan
Dan rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2015
Btutner
Btutner marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Paul Kutscha
Paul Kutscha marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Silvara Wilde
Silvara Wilde marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Matt
Matt rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2014
Brian W.
Brian W. rated it it was ok
Sep 22, 2014
Adele
Adele marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Rob
Rob marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Vincent Holland-Keen is an author, artist and video director currently residing in the North of England. He works for a major metropolitan university as a business analyst/system designer.
More about Vincent Holland-Keen...