The Office of Lost and Found

The Office of Lost and Found

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Thomas Locke can find anything. You know the hurricane that hit a while back? Word is he found the butterfly that started it. So, when a desperate Veronica Drysdale hires Locke to find her missing husband, it makes perfect sense.

Except the world of Thomas Locke doesn't make sense. It puts monsters under the bed, makes stars fall from the sky and leads little children to wo...more
Published (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Office of Lost and Found, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Office of Lost and Found

Paul
Before we begin I have a couple of questions. How do you feel about novels that feature a character reincarnated as a toaster? Would you have a problem if the toaster was called Leonard? If you have issues with either of these questions I would advise reading no further. I can tell you now, that this novel is not for you. Perhaps you might wish to consider doing something else instead? I’ve been told gardening is a very popular pastime?

Ahh your still here, jolly good. You’re interested aren’t yo...more
Joanna
This was a strange one. Somewhat like a Douglas Adams book, but a lot darker.
Think of the final parts of Fforde’s Shades of Grey compared to his Thursday Next series.
Tony
When Andy Remic tweets that he is looking for people to advance read new book on his Anarchy Books publishing company it has to be worth a look. When the author is described as a new talent in the vein of Pratchett or Adams well that kinda seals the deal. This is the second book released by Anarchy Books and the first that isn’t by Andy Remic, so it is quite important that it sets a good standard.

The feeling I got whilst reading this book took me back to reading Good Omens all those years ago. I...more
Luca
Coming in at over 500 pages, 'The Office of Lost and Found' is a novel unlike anything you are likely to read this year. Probably next year as well. It's staggeringly different to anything else I've read since picking up a copy of a Douglas Adams book when I was a teenager, really enjoying it and then never reading anything in the same vein since. With character names which border on the ridiculous, situations which still make no sense to me and a plot which continually surprises right up to the...more
Elizabeth A.
To call Vincent Holland-Keen’s debut novel The Office of Lost & Found merely “strange” is an understatement of epic proportions. Of course, in my world strange means creative, original, enchanting, challenging, and mind-blowing, which means the über strange of The Office of Lost & Found makes for an amazing read; one of my Top 5 of 2011 in fact.

It’s kind of difficult to explain a book that damn near requires you to keep a scratch pad or dry erase board handy in order to keep people and p...more
Amanda
I think I can count on one hand the times I've been unable to finish reading a book. It happens incredibly rarely, since I'm generally stubborn enough to push through and find out what happens at the end. Unfortunately, The Office of Lost and Found by Vincent Holland-Keen is one of those rare books.

I couldn't complete this not because of the premise (which was kooky and interesting) and not because of the writing (which tended towards being pretty good). The reason I couldn't finish The Office o...more
Matthew
A really wild read... lots of fun, bewildering pace sometimes, but a lot of fun, and funny, too.
Matthew Holmes
I abandoned reading this book because it's just too confusing.
Adele
Adele marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Rob
Rob marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
sharon marszal
sharon marszal marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
K.A.
K.A. marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Natalya Kuraeva
Natalya Kuraeva marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Joan
Joan marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2013
Jon Recluse
Jon Recluse marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2013
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2013
Stuart
Stuart marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2012
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2012
Klphilly
Klphilly marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2012
Brenda Johnson-Asnicar
Brenda Johnson-Asnicar marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2012
Artur Stepien
Artur Stepien marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Vincent Holland-Keen is an author, artist and video director currently residing in the North of England. He works for a major metropolitan university as a business analyst/system designer.
More about Vincent Holland-Keen...
Off The Record 2 - At The Movies - A Charity Anthology Vivisepulture