Start by marking “Good-Bye, Grace?” as Want to Read:
Good-Bye, Grace?

Good-Bye, Grace? (The English Roses #2)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  284 ratings  ·  18 reviews
The English Roses promised to be friends for life, but now something could be coming between them. Grace?s mom is acting funny, always cleaning the house, and tidying up. Something is up, and the Roses suspect the worst: Grace?s mom is getting ready for a move. Could Grace be moving away from the rest of the Roses? The rest of the Roses need to come up with ways to keep th ...more
Published September 13th 2007 by Puffin Books

To ask other readers questions about Good-Bye, Grace?, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Ashley
This was much better than I'd anticipated. I'll be honest, my expectations of Madonna were low. I really enjoyed how loyal the girls were to Grace. They did everything they could to make her feel like she was still part of the English Roses.
My favorite character was Binah. I felt like she was genuinely the nicest.
Beatriz
All of the English Roses promised to be friends forever but something was happening with grace.Her mom was cleaning and cleaning things got weird so grace got the assumption that she was moving.So she started to tell her friends that she was moving and they all got scared and got sad when it was the day of moving all the English Roses said good bye.The mom was looking at them weird but she didnt want to say anything because they were in a hurry but when they got in the car grace told her what wa ...more
Mandolin
You may not believe it, but it IS possible for five very different girls to be the very best of friends! And how grateful Grace Harrison is to be a member of such a special group when her parents begin acting strangely. Her mother has suddenly become a clean freak and her father's schedule has become so busy that he's even missed her soccer practices! What in the world is going on? Even a cute boy who loves soccer can't keep Grace from worrying about her parents...but her four friends can, for t ...more
Mrs. Kris's Class
This book is about a group called the English Roses ,and one of the group mates left the country but her friends try to save her but was it to late. Another reason why I love this book is because I love Madonna ,and she wrote the book too. I have been reading baby books for a long time. When I start to read her books it is so wild and fun. I hope yuo read this book. I would suggest this to all girls and boys.
Nichole
In her chapter books for young readers, Madonna does a great job teaching manners, friendship, and simple truths.

This books brings the horrid idea that Grace, on of the Roses, might be moving away. The five learn that even though she may not be around, they can always be close through letters, phone calls, etc.
Lauren
i liked the book especaily because people act all suspicous...but grace has no idea why. in fact, grace's theory is not even close to what is really happening. will it be more bad than it seems, or better?
Maddie hillis
Ok, maybe this book didn't grab me so much but I kept on reading. Well lets just say that it ended like all the other books I have read. (BORING) I didn't <3 (love) the book.
Ciara *I love Harry Potter!*
Five (or so) friends with the dilema of one of their friends moving away. If I could describe this book in one word, it would be : Predictable. Even so, I give it three stars.
Cassia Trence
A very cutesy-frilly book by Madonna! Absolutely lovely and a very short good read for grade 3+ children! Loved it!
Emma
i have only read the english roses book 1-3, and they were alright
Morgan
Another book thats good-BUT i didn't like it as much
Jessica
Grace thinks she might be mving.
Oh no!!
Koqua
Nov 23, 2011 Koqua added it
i like it. it was a challenge.
Extremely quick read. Loved it! :)
Gracie
I just started this book...
Sophie
Dec 27, 2012 Sophie added it
i liked the first book better
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Crystal Kadrmas
Crystal Kadrmas marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Katerina
Katerina marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
T Docktor
T Docktor marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Elessia
Elessia marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
good-bye? 3 2 Jan 14, 2013 02:33PM
  • Judy Moody's Double-Rare Way-Not-Boring Book of Fun Stuff to Do
  • Do The Funky Pickle
  • His Princess Bride: Love Letters from Your Prince
  • Now, Let Me Tell You What I Really Think
  • Snail Mail, No More (Elizabeth and Tara*Starr, #2)
  • The New Girl (Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls, #2)
  • Thanks to Nicki
  • Back to School, Mallory (Mallory McDonald, #2)
  • Star in the Forest
  • Beach Babe (Babymouse, #3)
  • Lizzie Goes Wild
  • Jammin' with the Jonas Brothers: An Unauthorized Biography
  • Only Emma
  • Is Anybody There?: Seeing is believing
  • Super-Completely and Totally the Messiest!
  • Reach for the Stars (Fame School, #1)
  • Amelia's Longest, Biggest, Most-Fights-Ever Family Reunion (Amelia's Notebooks, #18)
  • Chasing Mavericks: The Movie Novelization
Madonna Louise Ciccone is an American pop singer-songwriter. Through her music career, she has also gained some notability as a dancer, record producer, film producer, actress, author and a fashion icon. She is a multiple Grammy- and Golden Globe-award winner, known for her ambitious music videos, stage performances and use of sexual and religious themes in her work.

More about Madonna...

The English Roses (10 books)
  • Friends for Life!
  • A Rose by Any Other Name
  • Big-Sister Blues
  • Being Binah
  • Hooray for the Holidays!
  • Runway Rose
  • Ready, Set, Vote!
  • American Dreams
  • Catch the Bouquet!
The English Roses Mr. Peabody's Apples Sex Friends for Life! Too Good to Be True