Start by marking “Good-Bye, Grace?” as Want to Read:
Good-Bye, Grace?

Good-Bye, Grace? (The English Roses #2)

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  322 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
The English Roses promised to be friends for life, but now something could be coming between them. Grace?s mom is acting funny, always cleaning the house, and tidying up. Something is up, and the Roses suspect the worst: Grace?s mom is getting ready for a move. Could Grace be moving away from the rest of the Roses? The rest of the Roses need to come up with ways to keep th ...more
Published September 13th 2007 by Puffin Books

To ask other readers questions about Good-Bye, Grace?, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Ashley
Mar 27, 2015 Ashley rated it really liked it
This was much better than I'd anticipated. I'll be honest, my expectations of Madonna were low. I really enjoyed how loyal the girls were to Grace. They did everything they could to make her feel like she was still part of the English Roses.
My favorite character was Binah. I felt like she was genuinely the nicest.
Saige Holcomb
Beatriz
Oct 22, 2014 Beatriz rated it it was amazing
All of the English Roses promised to be friends forever but something was happening with grace.Her mom was cleaning and cleaning things got weird so grace got the assumption that she was moving.So she started to tell her friends that she was moving and they all got scared and got sad when it was the day of moving all the English Roses said good bye.The mom was looking at them weird but she didnt want to say anything because they were in a hurry but when they got in the car grace told her what wa ...more
Mandolin
Feb 05, 2013 Mandolin rated it it was amazing
You may not believe it, but it IS possible for five very different girls to be the very best of friends! And how grateful Grace Harrison is to be a member of such a special group when her parents begin acting strangely. Her mother has suddenly become a clean freak and her father's schedule has become so busy that he's even missed her soccer practices! What in the world is going on? Even a cute boy who loves soccer can't keep Grace from worrying about her parents...but her four friends can, for t ...more
Slow Man
Apr 29, 2016 Slow Man rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
This is actually quite good. 5 girls of different personalities and family backgrounds who are best friends try to solve their friend's problem. We have school cafeteria, cake sale, sleepover, picnic in the park, football, a new boy, a member's home problem and a fairy godmother. Wow that sounds like a recipe for success. And at times it is funny. I am glad she didn't overdo it. It is what it is supposed to be - a book where you read through in one sitting when the outside is cloudy and a thunde ...more
Patricia
Aug 10, 2015 Patricia rated it did not like it
Tween problems - donated it right back to the bookstore
Mrs. Kris's Class
Sep 16, 2010 Mrs. Kris's Class rated it it was amazing
Shelves: isabella
This book is about a group called the English Roses ,and one of the group mates left the country but her friends try to save her but was it to late. Another reason why I love this book is because I love Madonna ,and she wrote the book too. I have been reading baby books for a long time. When I start to read her books it is so wild and fun. I hope yuo read this book. I would suggest this to all girls and boys.
Nichole
May 11, 2009 Nichole rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
In her chapter books for young readers, Madonna does a great job teaching manners, friendship, and simple truths.

This books brings the horrid idea that Grace, on of the Roses, might be moving away. The five learn that even though she may not be around, they can always be close through letters, phone calls, etc.
Lauren
Dec 24, 2009 Lauren rated it really liked it
i liked the book especaily because people act all suspicous...but grace has no idea why. in fact, grace's theory is not even close to what is really happening. will it be more bad than it seems, or better?
Maddie hillis
Nov 01, 2009 Maddie hillis rated it liked it
Ok, maybe this book didn't grab me so much but I kept on reading. Well lets just say that it ended like all the other books I have read. (BORING) I didn't <3 (love) the book.
Ciara
Mar 18, 2011 Ciara rated it liked it
Five (or so) friends with the dilema of one of their friends moving away. If I could describe this book in one word, it would be : Predictable. Even so, I give it three stars.
Rita
Aug 12, 2013 Rita rated it it was amazing
A very cutesy-frilly book by Madonna! Absolutely lovely and a very short good read for grade 3+ children! Loved it!
Emma
Aug 04, 2009 Emma rated it liked it
i have only read the english roses book 1-3, and they were alright
Morgan
Sep 24, 2009 Morgan rated it liked it
Another book thats good-BUT i didn't like it as much
Jessica
Sep 30, 2009 Jessica rated it liked it
Grace thinks she might be mving.
Oh no!!
Koqua
Nov 23, 2011 Koqua added it
i like it. it was a challenge.
May 30, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Extremely quick read. Loved it! :)
Gracie
Feb 13, 2009 Gracie rated it it was amazing
I just started this book...
Sophie
Dec 27, 2012 Sophie added it
i liked the first book better
Ella
Wynn
Wynn rated it it was ok
Aug 21, 2016
Brooke
Brooke rated it it was ok
Aug 16, 2016
Claire
Claire added it
Aug 16, 2016
TW
TW is currently reading it
Aug 14, 2016
Andrea Freeman
Andrea Freeman marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
jennifer specht
jennifer specht marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Chris
Chris added it
Aug 07, 2016
good-bye? 3 3 Jan 14, 2013 02:33PM
  • Judy Moody's Double-Rare Way-Not-Boring Book of Fun Stuff to Do
  • Do The Funky Pickle
  • Nicki
  • Now, Let Me Tell You What I Really Think
  • His Princess Bride: Love Letters from Your Prince
  • Back to School, Mallory (Mallory McDonald, #2)
  • The New Girl (Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls, #2)
  • Snail Mail, No More (Elizabeth and Tara*Starr, #2)
  • Star in the Forest
  • Beach Babe (Babymouse, #3)
  • First Dog
  • Honey Bunny Funnybunny (Beginner Books)
  • Secret Meeting (Diary, #8)
  • Reach for the Stars (Fame School, #1)
  • Storm Chaser
  • Wellspring of Magic (Creative Girls Club Adventure, #1)
  • Lizzie Goes Wild
  • Is a Worry Worrying You?
Madonna Louise Ciccone is an American pop singer-songwriter. Through her music career, she has also gained some notability as a dancer, record producer, film producer, actress, author and a fashion icon. She is a multiple Grammy- and Golden Globe-award winner, known for her ambitious music videos, stage performances and use of sexual and religious themes in her work.

More about Madonna...

The English Roses (10 books)
  • Friends for Life!
  • A Rose by Any Other Name
  • Big-Sister Blues
  • Being Binah
  • Hooray for the Holidays!
  • Runway Rose