The English Roses: Too Good To Be True

The English Roses: Too Good To Be True (The English Roses)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  287 ratings  ·  23 reviews
The English Roses are five girls named Nicole, Amy, Charlotte, Grace and Binah. They are best friends and do everything together. That is, they were best friends until Dominic arrived in class. Now friendship counts for nothing as the girls desperately fight for his attention.
Hardcover
Published October 26th 2007 by Puffin Bks (first published October 24th 2006)

Tiffany
This was a cute book actually, but it was a little bit on the conceited side in some ways. She wrote it for her daughter knowing her daughter would face ridicule by other children because she was Madonna's daughter. She basically just sort of explains that the other kids only make fun of the other little girl (aka Lourdes if you read between the lines) because she is better than they are, and as is ALWAYS the case, they are just jealous. blah blah blah

I really did like the illustrations, though.
Robyn
This is the second book I have read by Madonna. Who knew she could write! I wish I had daughters to share this book with. (My 3 boys would probably think it's a tad girl, like the first one). I borrowed this from the local library. There is a great lesson about a boy who moves to town that all the girls like, and how they resolve the issue when all the girls like him. Again, like the first book, there are very adorable illustrations to go along with the story.
Kecia
Sep 14, 2007 Kecia rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 4th and 5th grade girls
The two best things about this book are 1.) the charming illustrations, and 2.) the moral of the story.

Madonna's music may be better than her writing but it's still a good story. I think this book would be best read out loud. It's a great for any pre-teen girl. I think it has a lot of great ideas and issues for slumber party discussion. I'll certainly be sending copies to all my the young girls on my x-mas list this year.
e.c.h.a
Kisah persahabat 5 gadis remaja; Nicole, Amy, Charlotte, Grace, Binah. Persahabatan bisa sangat berwarna!

If you start to feel jealous of someone, try to feel happy for them instead. Good things will come your way, too p 52.

You can't just love your friends when they are nice to you. That's when it's easy. You have to love them when they are being complete dorks, too. p 60.

Simple story but meaningful.
Grace Snider
Okay book i mean i feel a little childish reading it but very good anyways haha my names Grace as well
Gabichelle  Uchiha
Sylvia
Yup, another English Roses' adventure in teenager world. Kali ini, English Roses yang selalu bersama kemana-mana itu mendapat tantangan ketika seorang anak baru bernama Dominic de la Guardia datang. Naturally, secara ada cowok keceh, otomatis dong cewek-cewek pada berebut perhatiannya? Gak terkecuali The English Roses. Apa semua suka Domonic? Ya iyalah! Tapi Binah terlalu sibuk mikirin kehidupannya sehingga tak ada waktu untuk mikirin cowok.

Daaannnn, seperti yg udah-udah, cewek yg nggak ca-per k...more
Sharai
Fifth grade English Roses form a crush on the new exchange student from Spain but he only falls for one of them so the green monster begins to take over
Lavendersbluegreen
Okay, I found this in a bargain bin and bought it to check it out. It was surprisingly good. I would not hesitate to recommend this for kids.
kinu triatmojo
Grafisnya oke, ceritanya simple tapi oke untuk anak-anak usia pra-remaja jaman sekarang. Sedikit surprise bahwa penulisnya adalah Madonna yang itu.
Georgina
my favorite part is at the end so keep reading when everyone is jumping because they have a rose. my favorite character is Bina.
Cindy
Madonna - who would have thought back in '85 that she'd be known for a series of kids books? Pretty good ones, even . . .
Mery
"The next time you start to feel jealous of someone, try to feel happy for them instead."

dikasih Mas Aldo
Carrie
Good conversation starter for raising a 10-year old girl! Surprised by Madonna.
Donna
My daughter and I share in reading this book. Cute for kids.
Linda
My girls really loved the audio version. She is very entertaining.
Melissa
Aug 11, 2007 Melissa rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children
Shelves: read-in-2007
I have read better children's books but I LOVE the illustrations.
Ela Kaimo
Simple, predictable story. Loved the illustrations.
Jimena Franco
Tina
look at the reality before do something
Allanna
Decent book about jealousy and boys.
Tomomi
まだ読んでないけどー。いいにちがいない。
Jamonye
Apr 11, 2013 Jamonye marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english
idk
Vincia
Vincia marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Kiera Foley
Kiera Foley marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Manpreet
Manpreet marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Mrsvvnhongmail.com
Mrsvvnhongmail.com marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
  • Katie, Batter Up! (Cupcake Diaries, #5)
  • Nurk: The Strange, Surprising Adventures of a (Somewhat) Brave Shrew
  • Who Was Ben Franklin?
  • A Few Blocks
  • Fantasy Encyclopedia
  • Papercutz Slices #1: Harry Potty and the Deathly Boring
  • Glad Monster, Sad Monster
  • Otto's Orange Day (Toon)
  • Everything but the Horse
  • Tales of Pain and Wonder
  • A Day With No Crayons
  • Postcards from Camp
  • Unlovable
  • The Tomten and the Fox
  • Ventriloquism
  • Judy Moody: Around the World in 8 1/2 Days (Judy Moody #7)
  • Madeline and the Gypsies
  • The World Is Waiting For You
Madonna Louise Ciccone is an American pop singer-songwriter. Through her music career, she has also gained some notability as a dancer, record producer, film producer, actress, author and a fashion icon. She is a multiple Grammy- and Golden Globe-award winner, known for her ambitious music videos, stage performances and use of sexual and religious themes in her work.

More about Madonna...
The English Roses Mr. Peabody's Apples Sex Friends for Life! Yakov and the Seven Thieves

“T.G.T.B.T: too good to be true.” 35 likes