Start by marking “Ten Lies about God: And How You Might Already Be Deceived” as Want to Read:
Ten Lies about God: And How You Might Already Be Deceived

Ten Lies about God: And How You Might Already Be Deceived

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  5 reviews
"The clearer we see God, the clearer we shall see ourselves." With this conviction firmly in mind, Dr. Erwin Lutzer examines ten lies about our Maker that have crept into spiritual thought in postmodern times. And he notes that these deceits are prominent not only in non-Christian minds but in the professing church as well.

On the surface, each of these lies may appear at l
Published February 8th 2002 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published July 18th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Ten Lies about God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten Lies about God

I used this to teach my young adults Sunday School class. The lies Lutzer lists are, for the most part, the commonest ones:

God is whatever we want him to be.
Many paths lead into God's presence.
God is more tolerant than he used to be.
God has never personally suffered.
God is obligated to save followers of other religions.
God takes no responsibility for natural disasters.
God does not know our decisions before we make them.
The Fall ruined God's plan.
We must choose between God's pleasures and our own
Nat Kidder
Lutzer once again shows why he's a top-notch theologian, exposing ten misconceptions about God that are common in our fast-paced modern society. He doesn't elaborate enough on the predestination - free will debate, but otherwise presents sound, solid theology.

I found myself highlighting at least some of practically every page. Outstanding apologetics resource.
This was an excellent explanation of such statements as "God helps those who help themselves" or God is not responsible for natural disasters." There are ten such statements that everyone takes as true, but they are not. I liked this book and believe it could help anyone who wondered about those things.

Probably the best book explaining Christianity that I've ever read. (and i've read alot).
anytime someone is handed a Bible - they should probably be handed this as well. Then we wouldn't have so many confused sects of Christianity running the wrong way with Biblical information.
Suzanne Benner
Good theological foundation regardless of where you are in your faith.
Ayrika Fletcher
Ayrika Fletcher marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Terri Milstead
Terri Milstead marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Andrew marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Leomar Rodríguez
Leomar Rodríguez marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Christian Giebler
Christian Giebler marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Leslie Henson
Leslie Henson marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Ursula Larm
Ursula Larm marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Cory Meilany
Cory Meilany marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Joe Molinari
Joe Molinari marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Barry added it
Jan 02, 2015
Chris Murphy
Chris Murphy marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Gary Webber
Gary Webber marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Goodreads Willis
Goodreads Willis marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Nyonie added it
Aug 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Erwin W. Lutzer is senior pastor of The Moody Church in Chicago. A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary and Loyola University, he is the author of numerous books, including the Gold Medallion Award winner "Hitler's Cross" and the best seller "One Minute After You Die". He is also a teacher on radio programs heard on more than 700 stations throughout the United States and the world, including "S ...more
More about Erwin W. Lutzer...
When a Nation Forgets God: 7 Lessons We Must Learn from Nazi Germany Hitler's Cross: The Revealing Story of How the Cross of Christ was Used as a symbol of  the Nazi Agenda One Minute After You Die: A Preview of Your Final Destination The Doctrines That Divide: A Fresh Look at the Historic Doctrines That Separate Christians The Da Vinci Deception