Start by marking “Girl in a Vintage Dress” as Want to Read:
Girl in a Vintage Dress

Girl in a Vintage Dress (The Fun Factor #7)

3.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  77 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews

Fashions change
Chase Etheridge is organizing the most challenging event of his career--his sister's bachelorette party. Normally cool under pressure, the situation has Chase hot under the collar, and he knows exactly who to blame: Lola Lombard, party organizer, queen of all things vintage, and absolute bombshell!
But true love is timeless!
Behind Lola's pin curls and red
Published July 1st 2011 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Girl in a Vintage Dress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girl in a Vintage Dress

RLA
Sep 30, 2011 RLA rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The heroine Lola owns a retro and vintage store, but it is so much more than her job. Vintage is her life, something that gave her purpose and confidence after growing up feeling like the ugly duckling in a family of models and beauty queens. She meets the hero Chase when he comes into her shop to ask her to arrange a week long retro themed hen party for his sister. He is the complete opposite of Lola with his sleek and modern corporate life, and they immediately rub each other up the wrong way. ...more
Kate
Jul 25, 2011 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've read from the Harlequin Romance line. I usually stick with Presents, Desire and Blaze, but I've liked Nicola Marsh's HP books, so I decided to pick this one up. (I probably would have missed it except that I noticed it's release as a M&B Riva and had looked up to see when it would be published in the US -- only to discover that it already had.)

Like her previous books, all of the characters (including the secondary and tertiary ones) are realistic and the dialogue
Saly
Girl in a Vintage Dress by Nicola Marsh was a sweet book, with real people, with insecurities and hold-overs from the past.

I really enjoyed seeing Chase, a work-alcoholic, fall for Lola the complete opposite of him. Chase grew up with parents too busy for him and his sister, so he actually helped raise her and now that she is getting married, he wants to give her a great hen party, knowing his sister's love for vintage he goes to Lola who runs Go Retro.

Growing up in the shadow of a model mother
Nas Dean
Jun 21, 2011 Nas Dean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GIRL IN A VINTAGE DRESS is the latest presentation by author Nicola Marsh for Harlequin Romance series.

Lola Lambert grew up in a household of fashionable women. Her supermodel sister and their fashion conscious mother tried their best to get Lola to be a picture of themselves. But Lola was content to be the ugly duckling of the family. Her opinions didn’t matter, what she liked didn’t matter so she just went along with everything rather than make waves.

Then she moved to a new city and reinvented
Book of Secrets ☕
GIRL IN A VINTAGE DRESS is a sweet romance between an unlikely pair: an old fashioned girl into vintage clothes and retro living and a sleek, career-obsessed modern businessman. I was intrigued by the blurb because I love the 50s pin-up girl look, and how cool would it be to own a shop dedicated to all things retro?

After a difficult childhood of playing second fiddle to her perfect supermodel sister, Lola moves to Melbourne and opens Go Retro, a store dedicated to her passion for vintage clothes
CP
Aug 10, 2015 CP rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun and sweet romance that made me smile! :)
Erika
Oct 22, 2011 Erika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin
One word to describe this book : SWEET

It was interesting Nicola Marsh had this idea about the whole vintage things. The vintage lover Lola versus modernity and sophistication in a successful CEO known as Chase. The difference between the two of them was that much, but they do have something in common. They had been hurted by their own family. Many books also sold stories with the same issues. Terrible past which left unseen scars on the main characters. Girl In A Vintage Dress showed us that ter
Louise Rose-Innes
I enjoyed this book but I found I stopped and started a bit in the beginning. Not sure if that was because I was distracted or because the plot took a while to kick in. Either way, once I got going I flew through it. The hero was suitably strong, alpha and successful, while the heroine was quirky and interesting with just enough flaws to make her appear human. I was rooting for them to get together the whole way through. Satisfying read!
Bridie Coleman
Nov 09, 2011 Bridie Coleman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having only read two books by Nicola before this (and which I truly loved to bits) this was just that little bit more tame as befits a Romance title (probably too tame for me). But I cannot fault the story and I enjoyed it although I was nearly screaming at Chase sometimes in his encounters with Lola. But I understand her insecurities and it was so well written that you really felt for Lola. Good story - enjoyable.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Fun Factor

"This was a laugh out loud story, it was fun and flirty, it was poignant and sensual." From a review posted by an eHarlequin.com member. To read more, go here.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Fun Factor

Michelle
Aug 24, 2011 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another enjoyable read. Two great characters that you really understand and feel their happiness and pain. Loved the writing, such a fresh feel to it.
Cdee
May 19, 2014 Cdee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okay I won't lie, the only reason I ordered this book from the library was because it had the word vintage in the title. It was a fast easy read but didn't find it to have much substance. I like mills and boon books however for this reason as it lets me read simple stories without getting emotionally involved. So really good for a reading slump. Would have given it more stars if it focused more on the vintage aspect as I thought it was about when I ordered it
Fanny Roswita Ria
Alur yg sangat manis dan menggoda antara hero dan heroine..gw suka banget:) diluar ekspektasi gw ketika baca sinopsisnya dan harus gw akuin pengarang menceritakan dengan begitu bagus, sampai2 gw terbawa bagaimana sang hero menggoda heroine atau ketidakyakinan heroine akan dirinya plus ke "frustasian" dari sang hero akan hubungannya..great history:)
Yulia Anggraini
amat sangat tidak suka dengan lola....!!
rasa percaya drix rendah banget...!serendah amuba... ;p
udah gtu sering g sinkron...dsuatu saat dy ingin mendapatkan pengakuan dr orang2 klo dy bsa n mampu mandiri dgn pilihan2 hidup yg dipilihx...ingin dpuji secara fisik n profesional (pekerjaanx sbagai pemilik go retro) tp dsaat pengakuan n pujian itu ddptx dy malah tidak percaya orang yg mberikanx tulus n dy tidak bsa menerima pujian itu dengan anggun...seperti ucapan terima kasih pn dy tak bsa mangataka
Lyndi
Dec 16, 2014 Lyndi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is all about Lola's inner fat girl. Rehashing her body image issues five dozen times was a bit much.
Leez Matías
Fue una historia corta, muy sencilla y romántica. Para un rato aburrido.
Jessica
Jan 04, 2014 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super cute and flirty

I wasn't sure what to make of this book when I read the premise but I was delightfully surprised. an overshadowed and bullied wall flower falls for a lonely forgotten little boy at heart. all set with a vintage flair and the promise that love conquerors all. I will be smiling for hours remembering the warmth these two create.
Anisah Zuhriyati
Lebih suka cover edisi Indonesia :)
Michaela
Dec 30, 2012 Michaela rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Dull. I cant think of anything else to say it was just that dull.
 Gen
Gen marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Valerie Araujo
Valerie Araujo rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Vicky Lynn
Vicky Lynn marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Amjo19
Amjo19 marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Nadire
Nadire rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Penny
Penny rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Debbie Diamond
Debbie Diamond marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Royal Marriage Arrangement
  • Woman in a Sheikh's World (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #2)
  • The Prince's Mistress (Royals, #2)
  • Her Lone Star Cowboy (Mule Hollow Homecoming, #2)
  • Dating and Other Dangers
  • Playing the Greek's Game (What His Money Can't Buy #2)
  • The Dark Earl
  • The Couple Behind the Headlines
  • Princess From The Shadows (The Santina Crown, #6)
  • The Fearless Maverick (Bad Blood, #4)
  • Look-Alike Lawman (Texas Twins, #4)
  • An Officer and a Millionaire
  • No Ordinary Man
  • Front Page Affair
  • Return of the Moralis Wife
  • The Good, the Bad and the Wild (Brothers & Sisters, #3)
  • Highland Hunger (MacNachton Vampires, #8) (Knights, #0.6)
  • An Improper Aristocrat
USA TODAY bestselling and award-winning author Nicola Marsh writes flirty fiction with flair for adults.

She has published 58 books with Harlequin, Entangled Publishing and indie, and sold over 7 million copies worldwide.

She currently writes women's fiction for Amazon's Lake Union imprint.

Her first mainstream contemporary romance, BUSTED IN BOLLYWOOD released to rave reviews, including a nomination
More about Nicola Marsh...

The Fun Factor (10 books)
  • Tipping the Waitress with Diamonds
  • Winning a Groom in 10 Dates
  • Deserted Island, Dreamy Ex!
  • Mistletoe and the Lost Stiletto