Girl in a Vintage Dress

Girl in a Vintage Dress (The Fun Factor #7)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Fashions changeChase Etheridge is organizing the most challenging event of his career--his sister's bachelorette party. Normally cool under pressure, the situation has Chase hot under the collar, and he knows "exactly" who to blame: Lola Lombard, party organizer, queen of all things vintage, and absolute bombshell!

But true love is timeless!

Behind Lola's pin curls and red l...more
Published July 1st 2011 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2011)

RLA
The heroine Lola owns a retro and vintage store, but it is so much more than her job. Vintage is her life, something that gave her purpose and confidence after growing up feeling like the ugly duckling in a family of models and beauty queens. She meets the hero Chase when he comes into her shop to ask her to arrange a week long retro themed hen party for his sister. He is the complete opposite of Lola with his sleek and modern corporate life, and they immediately rub each other up the wrong way....more
Kate
This is the first book I've read from the Harlequin Romance line. I usually stick with Presents, Desire and Blaze, but I've liked Nicola Marsh's HP books, so I decided to pick this one up. (I probably would have missed it except that I noticed it's release as a M&B Riva and had looked up to see when it would be published in the US -- only to discover that it already had.)

Like her previous books, all of the characters (including the secondary and tertiary ones) are realistic and the dialogue...more
Saly
Girl in a Vintage Dress by Nicola Marsh was a sweet book, with real people, with insecurities and hold-overs from the past.

I really enjoyed seeing Chase, a work-alcoholic, fall for Lola the complete opposite of him. Chase grew up with parents too busy for him and his sister, so he actually helped raise her and now that she is getting married, he wants to give her a great hen party, knowing his sister's love for vintage he goes to Lola who runs Go Retro.

Growing up in the shadow of a model mother...more
Nas Dean
GIRL IN A VINTAGE DRESS is the latest presentation by author Nicola Marsh for Harlequin Romance series.

Lola Lambert grew up in a household of fashionable women. Her supermodel sister and their fashion conscious mother tried their best to get Lola to be a picture of themselves. But Lola was content to be the ugly duckling of the family. Her opinions didn’t matter, what she liked didn’t matter so she just went along with everything rather than make waves.

Then she moved to a new city and reinvented...more
Diana Leigh
GIRL IN A VINTAGE DRESS is a sweet romance between an unlikely pair: an old fashioned girl into vintage clothes and retro living and a sleek, career-obsessed modern businessman. I was intrigued by the blurb because I love the 50s pin-up girl look, and how cool would it be to own a shop dedicated to all things retro?

After a difficult childhood of playing second fiddle to her perfect supermodel sister, Lola moves to Melbourne and opens Go Retro, a store dedicated to her passion for vintage clothes...more
Erika
One word to describe this book : SWEET

It was interesting Nicola Marsh had this idea about the whole vintage things. The vintage lover Lola versus modernity and sophistication in a successful CEO known as Chase. The difference between the two of them was that much, but they do have something in common. They had been hurted by their own family. Many books also sold stories with the same issues. Terrible past which left unseen scars on the main characters. Girl In A Vintage Dress showed us that ter...more
Louise Rose-Innes
I enjoyed this book but I found I stopped and started a bit in the beginning. Not sure if that was because I was distracted or because the plot took a while to kick in. Either way, once I got going I flew through it. The hero was suitably strong, alpha and successful, while the heroine was quirky and interesting with just enough flaws to make her appear human. I was rooting for them to get together the whole way through. Satisfying read!
Bridie Coleman
Having only read two books by Nicola before this (and which I truly loved to bits) this was just that little bit more tame as befits a Romance title (probably too tame for me). But I cannot fault the story and I enjoyed it although I was nearly screaming at Chase sometimes in his encounters with Lola. But I understand her insecurities and it was so well written that you really felt for Lola. Good story - enjoyable.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Fun Factor

"This was a laugh out loud story, it was fun and flirty, it was poignant and sensual." From a review posted by an eHarlequin.com member. To read more, go here.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Fun Factor

Michelle
Another enjoyable read. Two great characters that you really understand and feel their happiness and pain. Loved the writing, such a fresh feel to it.
Cdee
Okay I won't lie, the only reason I ordered this book from the library was because it had the word vintage in the title. It was a fast easy read but didn't find it to have much substance. I like mills and boon books however for this reason as it lets me read simple stories without getting emotionally involved. So really good for a reading slump. Would have given it more stars if it focused more on the vintage aspect as I thought it was about when I ordered it
Fanny Roswita Ria
Alur yg sangat manis dan menggoda antara hero dan heroine..gw suka banget:) diluar ekspektasi gw ketika baca sinopsisnya dan harus gw akuin pengarang menceritakan dengan begitu bagus, sampai2 gw terbawa bagaimana sang hero menggoda heroine atau ketidakyakinan heroine akan dirinya plus ke "frustasian" dari sang hero akan hubungannya..great history:)
Leez Matías
Fue una historia corta, muy sencilla y romántica. Para un rato aburrido.
Jessica
Super cute and flirty

I wasn't sure what to make of this book when I read the premise but I was delightfully surprised. an overshadowed and bullied wall flower falls for a lonely forgotten little boy at heart. all set with a vintage flair and the promise that love conquerors all. I will be smiling for hours remembering the warmth these two create.
Azura
Lebih suka cover edisi Indonesia :)
Michaela
Dull. I cant think of anything else to say it was just that dull.
Astha Khare
Astha Khare marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Laura-marie
Laura-marie marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Maria Georgiadis
Maria Georgiadis marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Nelly Matias
Nelly Matias marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
USA TODAY bestselling author Nicola Marsh writes flirty fiction with flair for adults and spooky, supernatural fiction for young adults.

She has published 45 books with Harlequin, Entangled Publishing and indie, and sold over 5 million copies worldwide.

Her first mainstream contemporary romance, BUSTED IN BOLLYWOOD (Entangled Publishing) released to rave reviews, including a nomination for RWA's RBY...more
More about Nicola Marsh...
Not The Marrying Kind Crazy Love (Looking for Love, #2) Before (Bombshells, #0.5) Brash (Bombshells, #1) Blush (Bombshells, #2)