Start by marking “52 Weeks in the California Garden” as Want to Read:
52 Weeks in the California Garden

52 Weeks in the California Garden

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Make the most of the Golden State's unique climate and planting conditions.
Paperback
Published July 23rd 1996 by Los Angeles Times Syndicate Books

To ask other readers questions about 52 Weeks in the California Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 52 Weeks in the California Garden

Sandi
Gardening in California is different from anywhere else in the United States. This book really helped me know what to do and when to do it.
fishnerd
This is the best gardening book I have along with "Answers for California Gardeners". No more mention of 1st frost and wintering over etc. If you live in California, this is the book you need, as our climate is very unique.
Rebecca
Love this week by week guide to what to plant and harvest when in Southern California! Our planting/growing season is so much longer than average so gardening advice in general hasn't helped me as much as this book has! I borrowed this from our library, but this is one I need to buy and refer to throughout the year. I highly recommend this book to gardeners in So. Cal.
Katie
This was the most engaging book I've read in a long time - Seriously, if you like to garden or want to know if you like to garden, pick it up!!
Teresa
Very basic information about gardening in SoCal.
Anthrodiva Stommen
Focused on SoCal, a huge help.
Leah
a perfect complement to the Sunset Western Garden Book, this is less of an encyclopedic reference, and more a collection of gardening strategies organized by season and month, specific to California's unique climate.
Celestalis
Celestalis is currently reading it
Jul 23, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Tricia Robertson
Tricia Robertson marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Jennifer Dunham
Jennifer Dunham marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2013
Geri Miller
Geri Miller marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2013
Rebeca
Rebeca marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2012
Lori
Lori added it
Oct 08, 2012
The Los Angeles Times Planning and Planting the Garden Answers for California Gardeners Speaking of Your Garden: Learn in Your Car (Discovery Series) Los Angeles Times California Gardening: A Practical Guide to Growing Flowers, Trees, Vegetables, and Fruits Descanso: An Urban Oasis Revealed