Babyface

Babyface

2.83 of 5 stars 2.83  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  15 reviews
When journalist Nina meets Jonathan through the personals, she doesn't expect it to lead to an unplanned pregnancy, gossipy new-mommy groups and a dull-as-dishwater partner. After all, she never really pictured herself settling down so quickly, but once she's on that path, there is no stepping off. The glamour that once was is replaced with diapers, homemade baby food and...more
Published July 1st 2004 by Red Dress Ink (first published June 7th 2004)

Rebecca
Girl gets knocked up by recent boyfriend who she hasn’t dated for very long and she has the baby. They live together, but the Girl just seems kind of empty. She and the Dude are totally opposite. Girl gets baby into modelling accidentally and doesn’t tell the Dude. Dude finds out by accident as well and they separate, the Girl going to her parents “summer home” in France where she hooks up with another Dude down there. She gets pregnant again and comes back to the UK to have the baby. She never...more
Mary Pat
This book is somewhere between fluff and something else. Not sure what. The cover makes it look like it's another Shopaholic type book, but it's not really. It's just a simple, easy to read story about a period in the main character's life. It's written almost from a 3rd person perspective, but it's narrated by the main character. The way it's written, sort of removed from events, compliments the main character in how she is living her life - almost as an outsider. Easy to read is how I would be...more
Sierra
This book started off super strong and had me laughing in the first few pages. Really liked that. But as the story progressed, it lost me a little and I didn't like what happened to the main character in the last part of the book.

I'd read more from this author because she's got wit (and I loved her style) but I hope the plots get stronger.
Katie
Normally, I love British journalists-turned-chick-lit authors, but I've been disappointed with this one...Struggling to finish it now. Premise is good and I even like her writing style, but I think it is much more suited to smaller works. I'm sure her articles are entertaining...
Ani Alexander
very weak female character. The book did not have any message and did not leave anything at all afterwards. Empty and useless. Did not impress in terms of its writing qualities either. Would not recommend.
Amy
Not at all what it claimed to be on the back of the book. I didn't like the heroine, didn't like the choices she made, and felt the ending didn't resolve anything and was too rushed.
Kim
I'm not really sure what I made of this book. At first I thought I was really going to love it. I did like her writing style- I just felt the end was a bit disappointing.
Tracy

Disappointing, in a word. I had already read Something Good, and enjoyed it, so picked this to take on holiday. Unfortunately it didn't measure up.
Jengleigh
This book was not that good. I had to force myself to finish it! The characters were never developed well at all.
Tara
Cute if you like English humor. A book about becoming a new mom and keeping your own identity
Nicole
One critic loved the book so much she read it twice - once was enough for me.
Charity
Struggled to finish this book. Poorly written. Only a few good plot twists.
KeAnne
This book was pretty disturbing and disappointing.
Mindy Critchlow
I had to give the book up, I just was not getting into it.
Kim
Ugh. Pretty much a waste of time.
Sanne Bosse
Sanne Bosse marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Mikki Francis-lawton
Mikki Francis-lawton marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Hannie
Hannie added it
Jun 02, 2014
Teri
Teri marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Jocelyn Lindner
Jocelyn Lindner marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Karen Tucker
Karen Tucker marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Suzie
Suzie marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Liz Green
Liz Green marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Vikki
Vikki added it
Mar 29, 2014
Fiona is an author and journalist who has written for many UK publications including The Observer, The Guardian, Marie Claire, Red, New Woman, Top Sante and Elle. She writes a monthly column for Sainsbury’s magazine and is a Contributing Editor at Red magazine.

Fiona lives in Scotland with her husband, their twin sons and daughter. She likes to draw, run 10k races, play her saxophone and lie in the...more
More about Fiona Gibson...
Mum on the Run The Great Escape Mummy Said the F-word Pedigree Mum Take Mum Out