Start by marking “Babyface” as Want to Read:
Babyface

Babyface

When journalist Nina meets Jonathan through the personals, she doesn't expect it to lead to an unplanned pregnancy, gossipy new-mommy groups and a dull-as-dishwater partner. After all, she never really pictured herself settling down so quickly, but once she's on that path, there is no stepping off. The glamour that once was is replaced with diapers, homemade baby food and ...more
Published July 1st 2004 by Red Dress Ink (first published June 7th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Babyface, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Babyface

Jules (Never enough time to read)
It wasn't my favourite Fiona Gibson book to date, but I did enjoy it and it was an easy read. However, it didn't really have much of an ending, everything was left very open ended and not much between the main characters was resolved. In my opinion, it just didn't suit the style of book I like my chick lit with a clear HEA.
Ilana
Oct 30, 2015 Ilana rated it did not like it
There was no real resolution to this book. Certainly not one that was satisfying or made sense. Instead it introduced multiple new characters at what I'd assume is the climax, which was fairly early. Then they just dropped them, for the most part. And she refused help from people because she wanted to be independent or some such nonsense. The premise was okay, but it wasn't a satisfying read, and the characters really fell flat. I believe it was a first novel, so I might be willing to give the a ...more
Rebecca
Jun 18, 2011 Rebecca rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit
Girl gets knocked up by recent boyfriend who she hasn’t dated for very long and she has the baby. They live together, but the Girl just seems kind of empty. She and the Dude are totally opposite. Girl gets baby into modelling accidentally and doesn’t tell the Dude. Dude finds out by accident as well and they separate, the Girl going to her parents “summer home” in France where she hooks up with another Dude down there. She gets pregnant again and comes back to the UK to have the baby. She never ...more
Mary Pat
Jun 23, 2011 Mary Pat rated it liked it
This book is somewhere between fluff and something else. Not sure what. The cover makes it look like it's another Shopaholic type book, but it's not really. It's just a simple, easy to read story about a period in the main character's life. It's written almost from a 3rd person perspective, but it's narrated by the main character. The way it's written, sort of removed from events, compliments the main character in how she is living her life - almost as an outsider. Easy to read is how I would be ...more
Sierra
Jul 01, 2010 Sierra rated it liked it
This book started off super strong and had me laughing in the first few pages. Really liked that. But as the story progressed, it lost me a little and I didn't like what happened to the main character in the last part of the book.

I'd read more from this author because she's got wit (and I loved her style) but I hope the plots get stronger.
Ani Alexander
Jul 08, 2013 Ani Alexander rated it it was ok
very weak female character. The book did not have any message and did not leave anything at all afterwards. Empty and useless. Did not impress in terms of its writing qualities either. Would not recommend.
Katie
Dec 19, 2010 Katie rated it it was ok
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
Normally, I love British journalists-turned-chick-lit authors, but I've been disappointed with this one...Struggling to finish it now. Premise is good and I even like her writing style, but I think it is much more suited to smaller works. I'm sure her articles are entertaining...
Tracy
Jul 17, 2012 Tracy rated it it was ok

Disappointing, in a word. I had already read Something Good, and enjoyed it, so picked this to take on holiday. Unfortunately it didn't measure up.
Amy
Feb 24, 2009 Amy rated it it was ok
Not at all what it claimed to be on the back of the book. I didn't like the heroine, didn't like the choices she made, and felt the ending didn't resolve anything and was too rushed.
Jengleigh
Apr 22, 2009 Jengleigh rated it it was ok
This book was not that good. I had to force myself to finish it! The characters were never developed well at all.
Kim
Jul 08, 2011 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
I'm not really sure what I made of this book. At first I thought I was really going to love it. I did like her writing style- I just felt the end was a bit disappointing.
Aviv
Aviv rated it it was ok
Apr 30, 2016
Luisa
Luisa rated it it was ok
Feb 25, 2010
Evil
Evil rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2010
Alison C.
Alison C. rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2010
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2007
Joyce
Joyce rated it did not like it
Jul 31, 2012
Natalie
Natalie rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2014
Tri-reader
Tri-reader rated it it was ok
Nov 24, 2009
paul j gibson
paul j gibson rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2016
Mrs Heather S M Summers
Mrs Heather S M Summers rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2017
Ruth1304
Ruth1304 rated it it was ok
Dec 08, 2015
Michelle Hough
Michelle Hough rated it it was ok
Sep 01, 2016
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2012
Caitlin Mitchell
Caitlin Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2014
Tea Jovanović
Tea Jovanović rated it it was ok
May 09, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2008
Maria V
Maria V rated it it was ok
Sep 06, 2011
A
A rated it it was ok
Aug 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Technical Hitch
  • The Hunt (Rachel Benjamin, #4)
  • Summer in the Land of Skin
  • Bundle of Joy?
  • My Life Uncovered
  • Getting Personal
  • Speechless
  • Looking for Mr. Goodfrog
  • Losing It
  • Don't Even Think About It
  • Late Night Shopping (Annie Valentine, #2)
  • A Clean Slate
  • Mean Season
  • Prisoner in a Red-Rose Chain
  • Smart Vs. Pretty
  • Write Right!: A Desktop Digest of Punctuation, Grammar, and Style, 4th Edition
  • Let's Meet on Platform 8
  • Afterlife
Fiona is an author and journalist who has written for many UK publications including The Observer, The Guardian, Marie Claire, Red, New Woman, Top Sante and Elle. She writes a monthly column for Sainsbury’s magazine and is a Contributing Editor at Red magazine.

Fiona lives in Scotland with her husband, their twin sons and daughter. She likes to draw, run 10k races, play her saxophone and lie in the
More about Fiona Gibson...