Start by marking “Jim Carrey: The Joker is Wild” as Want to Read:
Jim Carrey: The Joker is Wild

Jim Carrey: The Joker is Wild

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  3 reviews
This is the absorbing, touching story of a lonely boy from a troubled family who found the secret of making people laugh - and dreamed of becoming a comedy star.

When Jim Carrey's father (himself a frustrated performer) lost his job, the whole homeless family was enlisted to work as night cleaners at a factory in exchange for lodging in a strange suburb. Scrubbing washrooms
Published March 4th 2000 by Firefly Books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Jim Carrey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jim Carrey

An Odd1
Fansite http://www.jimcarreyonline.com/
Jim Carrey overcame great hardship and poverty to transform his humor into millions, and an inspiration. In Canada, where our government is famous for soft-hearted protection of weak, he slipped through the cracks, in my nearby neighborhood. I loved his movies, and read a better big color bio that I cannot find, so substituted this kiddie edition available in my local library for now.

The worst of reviewing books like this is this. (arg) Same as I easily as
Grant Trevarthen
On January 17th 1962 a baby boy, was born to Percy & Kathleen Carrey in Burlington, a suburb in Ontario Canada. The youngest of 4,he was a bright who showed skill at comedic skits and he became the class buffoon. As with a lot of comedians, his humor masked a difficult childhood, where poverty was the norm, and thus the neighborhoods they lived in were rough and crime ridden.
Through his early adult years he endured failure as a stand-up comedian and he worked in Comedy clubs gradually gaini
Dalton
I really liked this book! It told a lot about Jim Carrey's past before becoming the celebrity he is today. I highly recommend this to any Jim Carrey fan!
Zahra
Zahra marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Susie
Susie marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
MJ
MJ marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Suhasini Srihari
Suhasini Srihari marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Binh Do
Binh Do marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Daniel Sofoluke
Daniel Sofoluke marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Darcy
Darcy marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Ryan
Ryan added it
May 10, 2014
Chrissy
Chrissy marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Darcy
Darcy marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Clayton
Clayton marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Ahmet Bozok
Ahmet Bozok marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Arielle Beland
Arielle Beland marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Nick
Nick marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Laughing on the Outside: The Life of John Candy Mike's World: The Life of Mike Myers Stratford Tempest This is Where We Came in : The Career and Character of Canadian Film Home Movies: Tales From The Canadian Film World