Start by marking “The Light Bringer” as Want to Read:
The Light Bringer

The Light Bringer

When Police Sergeant Alan Crane is on duty, who he "Protects and Serves" reaches far beyond the world of the living . . .
Sixteen people will die on Police Officer Alan Crane's watch. But while tragic and untimely death is no stranger to the jaded ex-Marine, his new-found supernatural ability to lead these people to their spiritual fates sends him on a sensational and scar
Published July 1st 2011 by Health Communications

To ask other readers questions about The Light Bringer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Light Bringer

Trinity Rose
Sep 14, 2011 Trinity Rose rated it really liked it
The Light Bringer is an excellent book about the supernatural. It’s a very good make-believe book about Heaven and earth. I liked getting to know the sixteen people who died. It was interesting to see their life before and how it ended up. I enjoyed seeing how the main character got along with his family and friends. How he was compassiate for all people who lost loved ones.
The Light Bringer put a different spin on how people got to Heaven. It made a good story, but if a person doesn’t really k
Virginia Campbell
"The Light Bringer" is unlike any other book that you will ever read. Each reader will have their own thoughts and interpretations of the story line. Why do awful things happen to decent people? Are any of us really prepared for sudden loss of life, or profound suffering and grief? What about the afterlife? Is there one? All of those things are well worth our contemplation, yet most of us put off dealing with our own vulnerability and mortality. The protagonist of "The Light Bringer" is Alan Cra ...more
Janet
Apr 24, 2011 Janet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
I had the opportunity to read the manuscript while it was still in edits and I must say it was unlike anything I've read before. Part police drama, part paranormal, and part inspirational, it is a thought-provoking book that left me wanting more from these authors.

The main character, Alan Crane, is a police sergeant who is recruited for a special assignment that takes him far beyond the realm of normal law enforcement work. For me, the book was literally a page-turner. I couldn't put it down bec
Eden
Jul 06, 2011 Eden rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like spiritual stories
I won this book in one of the Giveaways here on Goodreads and I was pretty excited since it was one I actually thought looked interesting. But I have to admit, I kind of had to force myself through the first few chapters. Once I really got into it though, it was a lot more of an attention grabber. I'm glad I didn't put it down otherwise I would have missed out.

The story itself is a really neat concept and takes a whole new perspective on the afterlife and Heaven vs Hell. The writing style is a b
Denise
Nov 04, 2012 Denise rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This book is okay as a strictly fiction book. It could be a story about what some people believe about the after life. I do not recommend it if you want a good Christian read.

The problems I had with this book are with its messages
1. Any god will work.
2. Being good enough gets you to heaven.
3. When you die you'll still fight evil
4. Those who have died can be prisoners in hell.
5. You still have some choices when you die.

I'd only recommend this to someone as a myth book similar to the myths of the
Patty Force
Jul 23, 2011 Patty Force rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book IS amazing....it is comprised of the true stories of 16 tragic deaths as a Police Chief and his Assistant Chief have experienced in their daily lives in law enforcement. These stories are taken beyond the pain and suffering that affect all of us when people around us choose not to do the right thing in life. It follows the good and evil into a world where their everlasting exsistence has been chosen by the life they have chosen to lead. This book will capture your heart and soul and pu ...more
T.W. Fendley
Feb 13, 2012 T.W. Fendley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christian, spiritual, adventure
Recommended to T.W. by: Janet Bettag
This is an uplifting read with a strong Christian bent that asks you to think beyond the obvious when it comes to life and death, good and evil. THE LIGHT BRINGER provides a different face to what we think of as tragedy, and a different perspective to how many of us see law enforcement.

As a history lover, I especially liked the references to Norse and Greek mythology. It's a quick read, with lots of action, but you're likely to keep thinking about some of the concepts long after you put the book
Nicole
Aug 14, 2011 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was not able to put this book down, I read it straight through and was just amazed. For those who have lost someone, it brings comfort that there are great things in store for us on the other side. There is a reason and a purpose why we are here on earth, but that is just the beginning of a much larger picture. It is truly inspirational and helps renew my faith. I look forward to reading more from these authors!!!
Jennifer Pollock
The Light Bringer is about this guy who finds himself in the position of helping people who have died find their way into heaven... some people have a very easy walk, while others have a very difficult way. It's about the war between good and evil and I thought it was very intriguing and enjoyed it. I don't think it's strictly Christian reading, I think it is something many other religions would relate too as well.
Juanita Baltz
Nov 24, 2011 Juanita Baltz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why does God need 16 people dead? How does a cop who is really good at comforting the breaved fit into God's plan? Written by a couple of police officers from the St. Charles County area. I had to read it in three sittings but you can not forget about it. Helen recommended it but then told me she had not read it. Glad I read it.
Candy
Jul 18, 2012 Candy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really struggled with this book - I thought it was simply written and I didn't relate to the main character, an empathetic, compassionate police man chosen to direct people who have just died to the "other side". A metaphor for dark/evil: light/goodness. Just felt too preachy to me. Do people believe this? Is there something I am missing?
Melinda
I have wanted to read this book since I heard it was being published. I really liked the beginning, but got lost on the middle session. It's an interesting take on the fight between good and evil, but I got lost in the details.
Nancy Curry
Jun 20, 2012 Nancy Curry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inspirational,imaginative fictional view of heaven, the importance of forgiveness, choices, and the whys of death. I could not put this book down and felt uplifted even with the heavy topic. This is the first of a trilogy.
Kim
Jan 10, 2013 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This police story takes a supernatural twist. Not generally my type of story but I enjoyed and, if he writes one, will read a follow up.
Chris
Feb 03, 2013 Chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A well written book. It makes you think about life.
Maggie
Feb 17, 2012 Maggie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suggest this one to those who are looking for Christian books. There are several intense scenes and a good detective storyline.
Vicki
Nov 25, 2013 Vicki rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I liked the concept of this book but found the writing simple. It just did not grab my attention and pull me in despite the underlying plot being good.
Linda Rene
Sep 29, 2012 Linda Rene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book!! Though it may be fiction it still gave me alot of peace after losing my daughter at the age of 17 in a car accident. I know she is a warrior for peace!! Great book!!
Mary Drummond
Jul 22, 2012 Mary Drummond rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting concept. Makes you want to live your life as good as possible with no regrets.
Annaleigh Josephs
You can read my full review on SciFi4Me.com!

Judy Koplan
Judy Koplan rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2015
Colleen Criswell
Colleen Criswell rated it it was ok
Jul 11, 2011
Jeannie
Jeannie rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2013
Raziel
Raziel rated it it was ok
Nov 29, 2013
Janel
Janel rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2011
Braxton DeGarmo
Braxton DeGarmo rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2013
m1anna
m1anna rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2015
Kristen
Kristen rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2011
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2012
Cathy Ruprecht
Cathy Ruprecht rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Private Letters of Countess Erzsebet Bathory
  • The Wickedest Witch (Witches at War!, #1)
  • The Pioneer Cookbook: Recipes for Today's Kitchen
  • Borders of the Heart
  • St. Patrick's Gargoyle
  • The Laird of Loch Fyne
  • Heir to the Underworld
  • Bittersweet (Bittersweet #1)
  • The Immortality Virus
  • Wind Dancer
  • Sweeter Than Birdsong (Saddler's Legacy, #2)
Chris DiGiuseppi is an
award-winning coauthor of
The Light Bringer—his first novel,
which made the St. Louis bestseller
list in 2011. He has over twenty years
experience in law enforcement at
various levels, up to and including
assistant chief of police. He is a
graduate of the FBI National Academy
and Northwestern University
School of Police Staff Command. He
is trained in various aspects of law
enforcement
More about Chris DiGiuseppi...