Start by marking “All I Need Is You” as Want to Read:
All I Need Is You

All I Need Is You (Straton Family #2)

3.84  ·  Rating Details ·  3,738 Ratings  ·  102 Reviews
Headstrong Casey Straton inherited her mother's beautiful eyes and her father's stubborn temperament. So when she is denied the responsibility of running her grandfather's ranch despite her unladylike prowess at roping, riding and shooting the high-spirited hellion storms away from her Texas home, determined to prove she can do much more than "woman's work."

Successful busi
Published August 2nd 2011 by Avon (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about All I Need Is You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All I Need Is You

Jane Stewart
Parts were fun, but it had the annoying big misunderstanding, and a bad audiobook narrator.

I was so disappointed at the no-one-says-how-they-feel-big-misunderstanding.

The first half was fun watching Casey, age 17, as a bounty hunter. Men think she’s a boy because she’s tall and wears men’s clothes. They call her Kid. She’s a fast draw. We don’t watch her hunt and catch outlaws, but we are told that she caught several. Most of the danger is when bad guys come to rob or kill her and she has to de
Heather
Jun 08, 2013 Heather rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
❆ Crystal ❆
Apr 04, 2013 ❆ Crystal ❆ rated it it was amazing
This is such a great book! I love it! Please read! There is a book before this one, but you don't have to read it to follow along... but I've read both books and love them both.

update 10/7/13... this book just gets better and better. I listened as an audiobook this time and it was awesome. 5 stars for the book and 5 stars for the narration.
VioletPetal
Dec 05, 2011 VioletPetal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, romance
Oh my… It's been a long time since I read a book from Lindsey and like it. She has so many interesting plot, but I always had problem with her hero's attitude which in the end made me hate the book. But definitely not with this one. I don't read a lot of historical romance that the setting was on America, because I like the European 'atmosphere'. But this is one of the book with American history setting and still can catch my interest pretty quick. I really like both the hero & heroine, as w ...more
Susan
Mar 08, 2014 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. The characters were rich and full with individual strengths and weaknesses. The story was full of excitement. The love story was unusual, with plenty of growth through the story. I was worried in a couple of places, but things do work out in the end. I enjoyed how Casey and Damian worked well together even though they did not try to or even know they were doing it. I also enjoyed learning how Casey's father supported her and watched over her.

A very fun read.

I have not read the
Karen
Nov 21, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bounty hunter with a point to make. Taught to ranch by grandfather as well as track, shoot & hunt by father.

A great adventure where a tenderfoot from the east hires KC to find his father's killer. Damian's well laid plans get screwed & his youthful guide constantly surprises him.

Heart warming, action packed & strong personalities clashing have you continually thinking what could possibly happen next? Enjoy.
Bark's Book Nonsense
I listened to this audio a few years ago and don't remember anything about it besides the fact that it was terribly boring.
Kathy Davie
Mar 26, 2015 Kathy Davie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, history
Second in the Straton Family historical western romance series and revolving around the Straton family. The couple focus is on Chandos and Courtney's daughter, Casey, and Damian. It's 1892 in Texas.

My Take
How very disappointing. I expected so much more from Lindsey, but most of the story was tell with very little show. I was expecting a story more like A Heart So Wild , 1, in which Lindsey grabbed hold of me and pulled me in. This one? Well, I wanted to read more about Chandos and Courtney, fin
Laura V.
Siempre es hermoso reencontrarse con Chandos, o con su versión femenina, que es su hija Casey.

El libro está bien, entretiene, Casey es perfectamente independiente, inteligente, decidida, juiciosa. Damian es todo lo contrario, un chico nacido y criado en el Este que desentona completamente con Texas y sus alrededores. No sabe manejarse bien por esos lares y Casey es la que tiene que andar cuidando de que no se mate por accidente o hagan que lo mate. De vuelta, esos roles invertidos donde ella es
Pravana
each and every one of Heather's point are valid and true but the book has some charm. This is her review -

The forced marriage (literally at gunpoint) and the equally abrupt way they were "unmarried" was very hilarious.
Marionela
Започва с разминаване във фактите от предходнатаистория, но после навлиза в типичния й ритъм и стил. За съжаление,продължението не е така добро като първа част.
Marie
Feb 04, 2014 Marie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bintang 4
Buku ke2 seri Straton Family

"Like father, like daughter..."
Bagaimana ayahnya, seperti itulah putrinya... Sama sama keras kepala. Perbedaan pandangan dan keinginan mereka akan nasib peternakan yg diwariskan ayah Chandos pada cucu cucunya membuat Cassie minggat dari rumah untuk membuktikan pada ayahnya kalau seorang wanita dapat melakukan pekerjaan yg dilakukan pria dan seorang wanita tak perlu menikah untuk menopang hidupnya.

Ingat masa lalu Chandos yg lari dari rumah karena diatur oleh a
Jane
Mar 10, 2016 Jane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: western-romance
I read this last week but forgot to put up a review, so that means I don't remember too many details. However, I don't recall being miffed, so I must have enjoyed it.

Casey Straton is the daughter of Chandos and Courtney of the first Straton book, the name of which I cannot recall for the life of me. Casey is just like her dad - strong willed and fearless. Her grandfather has died and left her a share of his ranch. She wants to take over the running of the ranch but her dad disagrees because (a)
Wee!wawaLAA!!!
I'd have to say this book is rated probably about 3.5 stars out of five.
I honestly liked the beginning. Confusing though, but totally feels more like real life. Until it turns all corny just like every other love novel.
So Casey Starton is this tall girl who has been trained all her life in this cattle place owned by her father. She has one older and one younger brother. And apparently her father considers the age of 18 to be an adult. Casey was like 17. And obviously with that sexist thought of
Nurliani
Sep 27, 2015 Nurliani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Apa yaa? Duhh aku speechless karena novel ini bener-bener bagus. Aku jatuh cinta sama karakter Casey dan Damian. Sampe aku gak bisa move on :* sukaaa bgt sama Johanna Lindsey.

Kisah yang menarik, penuh petualangan, dibumbui humor, serta malam-malam romantis bikin aku senyum terus. Apalagi pas mereka dinikahkan secara paksa oleh hakim Roy Bean demi lima dolar wkwkwkwk itu mungkin salah satu scene favorit aku di novel ini :*

Karakter2nya bener2 hidup. Plotnya bagus gak lompat-lompat, juga Johanna L
Chumchum_88
Nov 21, 2014 Chumchum_88 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
Johanna Lindsey's novels are starting to be more promising by the minute, since I'm liking the first series I read from her, I can't help but look forward to the next.

Casey was the daughter of Courtney and Chandos the main couple of the first book, she takes after her father in everything, in both looks and temperament, but that never stopped her being close to her mom which I thought was a nice touch because the differences between them didn't cause a drift or favoritism of a sort and I found h
Zel Polev
Anne Holly
Aug 15, 2014 Anne Holly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keeper
I had this book years ago, possibly before 2002, when I made a major move. As luck would have it, a box of hand-me-down paperbacks from my Mum reunited me with it! I wonder, is this the same copy? It's possible. In any case, the fact that I remembered it pretty much instantly is a mark of something special, considering how many romances I've read since then. (Especially considering the title has nothing to do with the book, at all and is solidly generic.) I'm pretty pleased to have it, again, an ...more
Judy
Nov 05, 2009 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fitri Okta

pertama nganggep buku ini bagus,novel yang menceritakan tentang seorang lady yang ingin mengelola bar M warisan dari fletcher,sang kakek,tapi ayahnya melarangnya karena ia masih belum berumur 18 tahun dan karena dia perempuan,dan kata chandos (sang ayah) ia harus cepat menikah.
akhirnya Casey kabur dari rumah supaya ingin membuktikan kalau dia bisa melakukan apa yang dilakukan seorang pria,ia juga merubah penampilann
Em
Feb 23, 2016 Em rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was good, don't let my three stars fool you! I loved the main character Casey, at parts. Okay let me rephrase that, I loved what Casey could have been. She was tough, good at hiding her feelings, and could take care of herself. FINALLY A KICK ASS HEROINE! But at the same time she let Damian pretty much do as he pleased. I just didn't think Casey was a a very consistent character.

I also didn't feel very connected to Damian. He had redeeming qualities, but he didn't seem to have too muc
MaryLennox
Meh. I loved the first book of the series so much, when I read the premise for the sequel I was already disappointed and I hadn't even started reading the book!

I really wish it was done differently because the Chandos+Courtney storyline was done brilliantly. All I really wanted to read about was a 'happily ever after' (not ashamed to admit it) and I kinda sorta got it with this book.

Confession: I totally 'read' this book backwards. Searching for the Straton family interactions throughout the boo
Bronwyn Rykiert
I listened to this on CD

After Casey had a fight with her father she left her home to prove to her father she could run the ranch that had been left to her by her grandfather. The career she chose was something a woman would not normally do and that's why she was though of as a kid. Enter Damien Rutledge III, fresh on his way west from New York city in search of his father's killer. Before she knew it Damien had hired her to find Henry Curruthers and after lots of fun? she did.

It was an easy to l
Erin
So, I read this wayyyyyyy-wayyyyyy-wayyyyyy back in the day aka when I was 12 or 13. Which, Let's be honest wasn't that long ago. At least not for me.
Any way, I can't seem to remember much of this book. Though the bit's I do remember I loved-but considering I gave it 3 stars back in the day, I obviously didn't live it enough. But honestly...When has Johanna Lindsey ever played me false. I EVEN ENJOY HER NEW STUFF, and considering a bunch of JL fans don't really like them, that says volumes.

MUST
Peggy N
This is the first of Johanna Lindsey's books that I have read that is not set in historical England. The Texas setting took me some getting used to. I am a Texan, but do not routinely look for books with a "wild west" local. It took me a little while to get even a little interested because I thought I was reading a western novel with ranches and the like. It is different than some of her writing yet the underlying romantic plot was there, even if a little slow to come out. I liked this book, but ...more
Cassandra
Oct 08, 2013 Cassandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What can I say? I'm a sucker for happy endings. The beginning was a little touch and go for me - it took some time for me to get into the book. Once I reached about chapter 15 or so, I was hooked. [Spoilers ahead] It wasn't until after the apprehension of Jack that the story got a bit frustrating. The main characters were masters of jumping to conclusions about the other one's feelings. But apart from that, I really did enjoy this book. I have to admit that I was smiling like a goof while readin ...more
Julie
Aug 01, 2011 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read historical romances before, but usually the medevil, victorian, dukes, etc. I have NEVER read one that was western historical before. Mainly because as a rule I just don't care for westerns. But, Johanna Lindsey is such a good author, and I had gotten a "lot" of her books from ebay that had a few western romances in it, I decided to give it try. I read it in 2 days. Wonderful, fun story. A mix of adventure, and romance and family.
This is an older title and may not be available on e
Sulis Peri Hutan
Nyritain anaknya Chandos dan Courtney, Casey. Casey melarikan diri dr rumah karena ingin membuktikan sama ayahnya kalau dia mampu mengelola peternakan yg diwariskan kakeknya, di perjalanan dia bertemu dg Damian yg sedang memburu orang pembunuh ayahnya. Karena penampilan Casey kayak cowok dan jago nembak, Damian menyewanya untuk memburu Henry atau Jack. Lebih suka buku yg pertama sih, indiannya gak kerasa. Lucunya di sini tokoh cowok lemah dan cewek tangguh. Plotnya kayak buku pertama, perburuan.
Lelyana
Ini cerita tentang anaknya Chandos, si Casey.... mau membuktikan ke ma dan pa nya kalo dia bisa mengelola peternakan ... kabur dari [peternakan Chandos, Casey jadi pemburu hadiah dan berdandan seperti lelaki, ketemu dengan Damian , yang orang kota ebsar, milyader yang mencari pembunuh ayah nya....

Gak terlalu terkesan, aku suka yang Chandos ....
Jane
Jul 10, 2008 Jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I actually remember reading this one before (one of the like 5 books I have read by this author) and I ended up re-reading it. I thought it looked familiar, but I couldn't really remember the details so well, just a few vague things.
Decent book in what is (as far as I can tell) typical Lindsey style.
  • Only You (Only Series, #3)
  • Midnight Masquerade (Louisiana #6)
  • Mountain Wild (Wild, #3)
  • Moonspun Magic (Magic Trilogy, #3)
  • Mountain Laurel (Montgomery/Taggert, #5)
  • Prince Charming
  • Lakota Renegade
  • The Reluctant Suitor
  • A Wanted Man (Stone Creek, #2)
  • A Rogue in Texas (Rogues in Texas, #1)
  • Audrey and the Maverick (Men of Defiance, #2)
  • Seduced
  • Indigo Blue (Comanche, #3)
  • Come Spring (Storm Family, #3)
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom
More about Johanna Lindsey...

Straton Family (2 books)
  • A Heart So Wild (Straton Family, #1)

“Stupid people always ignored good advice” 38 likes