Start by marking “All I Need Is You” as Want to Read:
All I Need Is You

All I Need Is You (Straton Family #2)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  2,939 ratings  ·  79 reviews
Headstrong Casey Straton inherited her mother's beautiful eyes and her father's stubborn temperament. So when she is denied the responsibility of running her grandfather's ranch despite her unladylike prowess at roping, riding and shooting the high-spirited hellion storms away from her Texas home, determined to prove she can do much more than "woman's work."

Successful busi...more
Published August 2nd 2011 by Avon (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about All I Need Is You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All I Need Is You

Pingle McCloud
nyeritain anaknya Chandos yg di A HEART SO WILD (my fave JL).
Casey anak perempuannya Chandos yg baru berumur 18 thn, ingin ngelola ranch milik kakeknya, kakeknya udah meninggal. tapi ditentang ama Chandos, karna ngelola ranch bukan kerjaan anak cew pikirnya. nah gara2 pertengkaran ini Casey kabur dari rumah, trus nyamar jadi cow, jd bounty hunter gt. Casey walopun cew dia jago nembak. dia ingin ngebuktiin ke ayahnya klo dia bisa ngerjain kerjaan cow. selama di perjalanan dia ketemu ama cow kota...more
Heather
Zel Polev
Anne Holly
I had this book years ago, possibly before 2002, when I made a major move. As luck would have it, a box of hand-me-down paperbacks from my Mum reunited me with it! I wonder, is this the same copy? It's possible. In any case, the fact that I remembered it pretty much instantly is a mark of something special, considering how many romances I've read since then. (Especially considering the title has nothing to do with the book, at all and is solidly generic.) I'm pretty pleased to have it, again, an...more
« Crystal »
This is such a great book! I love it! Please read! There is a book before this one, but you don't have to read it to follow along... but I've read both books and love them both.

update 10/7/13... this book just gets better and better. I listened as an audiobook this time and it was awesome. 5 stars for the book and 5 stars for the narration.
Marie
Bintang 4
Buku ke2 seri Straton Family

"Like father, like daughter..."
Bagaimana ayahnya, seperti itulah putrinya... Sama sama keras kepala. Perbedaan pandangan dan keinginan mereka akan nasib peternakan yg diwariskan ayah Chandos pada cucu cucunya membuat Cassie minggat dari rumah untuk membuktikan pada ayahnya kalau seorang wanita dapat melakukan pekerjaan yg dilakukan pria dan seorang wanita tak perlu menikah untuk menopang hidupnya.

Ingat masa lalu Chandos yg lari dari rumah karena diatur oleh a...more
Barks & Bites
I listened to this audio a few years ago and don't remember anything about it besides the fact that it was terribly boring.
Susan
I loved this book. The characters were rich and full with individual strengths and weaknesses. The story was full of excitement. The love story was unusual, with plenty of growth through the story. I was worried in a couple of places, but things do work out in the end. I enjoyed how Casey and Damian worked well together even though they did not try to or even know they were doing it. I also enjoyed learning how Casey's father supported her and watched over her.

A very fun read.

I have not read the...more
Judy
Centuries
Oh my… It's been a long time since I read a book from Lindsey and like it. She has so many interesting plot, but I always had problem with her hero's attitude which in the end made me hate the book. But definitely not with this one. I don't read a lot of historical romance that the setting was on America, because I like the European 'atmosphere'. But this is one of the book with American history setting and still can catch my interest pretty quick. I really like both the hero & heroine, as w...more
Wee!wawaLAA!!!
I'd have to say this book is rated probably about 3.5 stars out of five.
I honestly liked the beginning. Confusing though, but totally feels more like real life. Until it turns all corny just like every other love novel.
So Casey Starton is this tall girl who has been trained all her life in this cattle place owned by her father. She has one older and one younger brother. And apparently her father considers the age of 18 to be an adult. Casey was like 17. And obviously with that sexist thought of...more
Fitri Okta

pertama nganggep buku ini bagus,novel yang menceritakan tentang seorang lady yang ingin mengelola bar M warisan dari fletcher,sang kakek,tapi ayahnya melarangnya karena ia masih belum berumur 18 tahun dan karena dia perempuan,dan kata chandos (sang ayah) ia harus cepat menikah.
akhirnya Casey kabur dari rumah supaya ingin membuktikan kalau dia bisa melakukan apa yang dilakukan seorang pria,ia juga merubah penampilann...more
MaryLennox
Meh. I loved the first book of the series so much, when I read the premise for the sequel I was already disappointed and I hadn't even started reading the book!

I really wish it was done differently because the Chandos+Courtney storyline was done brilliantly. All I really wanted to read about was a 'happily ever after' (not ashamed to admit it) and I kinda sorta got it with this book.

Confession: I totally 'read' this book backwards. Searching for the Straton family interactions throughout the boo...more
Bronwyn Rykiert
I listened to this on CD

After Casey had a fight with her father she left her home to prove to her father she could run the ranch that had been left to her by her grandfather. The career she chose was something a woman would not normally do and that's why she was though of as a kid. Enter Damien Rutledge III, fresh on his way west from New York city in search of his father's killer. Before she knew it Damien had hired her to find Henry Curruthers and after lots of fun? she did.

It was an easy to l...more
Julie
I have read historical romances before, but usually the medevil, victorian, dukes, etc. I have NEVER read one that was western historical before. Mainly because as a rule I just don't care for westerns. But, Johanna Lindsey is such a good author, and I had gotten a "lot" of her books from ebay that had a few western romances in it, I decided to give it try. I read it in 2 days. Wonderful, fun story. A mix of adventure, and romance and family.
This is an older title and may not be available on e...more
Cassandra
What can I say? I'm a sucker for happy endings. The beginning was a little touch and go for me - it took some time for me to get into the book. Once I reached about chapter 15 or so, I was hooked. [Spoilers ahead] It wasn't until after the apprehension of Jack that the story got a bit frustrating. The main characters were masters of jumping to conclusions about the other one's feelings. But apart from that, I really did enjoy this book. I have to admit that I was smiling like a goof while readin...more
Peggy N
This is the first of Johanna Lindsey's books that I have read that is not set in historical England. The Texas setting took me some getting used to. I am a Texan, but do not routinely look for books with a "wild west" local. It took me a little while to get even a little interested because I thought I was reading a western novel with ranches and the like. It is different than some of her writing yet the underlying romantic plot was there, even if a little slow to come out. I liked this book, but...more
Katherine 黄爱芬
ini 4 bintang diberikan utk tokoh Casey Straton... bukan utk Damian Rutledge III yg bloon ini hihihihihi....

klo liat Damian nya bisa2 cuma gw ksh 2 bintang saja... itu jg udh kebanyakan deh..
Sulis Peri Hutan
Nyritain anaknya Chandos dan Courtney, Casey. Casey melarikan diri dr rumah karena ingin membuktikan sama ayahnya kalau dia mampu mengelola peternakan yg diwariskan kakeknya, di perjalanan dia bertemu dg Damian yg sedang memburu orang pembunuh ayahnya. Karena penampilan Casey kayak cowok dan jago nembak, Damian menyewanya untuk memburu Henry atau Jack. Lebih suka buku yg pertama sih, indiannya gak kerasa. Lucunya di sini tokoh cowok lemah dan cewek tangguh. Plotnya kayak buku pertama, perburuan.
Anita
Good story, good writing...
Lelyana Taufik
Ini cerita tentang anaknya Chandos, si Casey.... mau membuktikan ke ma dan pa nya kalo dia bisa mengelola peternakan ... kabur dari [peternakan Chandos, Casey jadi pemburu hadiah dan berdandan seperti lelaki, ketemu dengan Damian , yang orang kota ebsar, milyader yang mencari pembunuh ayah nya....

Gak terlalu terkesan, aku suka yang Chandos ....
Diana
Trying to bring his father's murderer to justice, Damian enlists the help of Kid, a bounty hunter. However, Kid is really Casey, a young woman trying to prove her worth to her father.

This book reads more like a regular novel. The romance is too slow, and the protagonists deny everything for too long. You want to smack them upside the head.
Kali  celemen
this is very entertaining! i always ignore this book whenever i buy my weekly supply of books to read at work. i don't like the idea of the reverse personality of the man and the woman. and i was surprise when i'm done reading it. i was satisfied i suppose coz i'm afraid i might have wasted my money if it turns out that i don't like it.
Brooke
I listened to this on audio... Very hysterical attempt at Texas accents which I thoroughly enjoyed as a Texan myself. The story was cute and vastly different from the other wild west romances I've read. I liked the fact that the main characters came from such different backgrounds... Opposites attract finding common ground.
Jane
I actually remember reading this one before (one of the like 5 books I have read by this author) and I ended up re-reading it. I thought it looked familiar, but I couldn't really remember the details so well, just a few vague things.
Decent book in what is (as far as I can tell) typical Lindsey style.
Dawn
Chandos's daughter wants to run her grandfather's ranch but because she is a girl he won't let her. She takes off to become a bounty hunter to show what she is made of. There she meets Damian who is searching for his father's killer. I liked this second book much more than the first.
Fanny Roswita Ria
Ga terlalu seru yah krn menurut gw alurnya terlalu lambat. sempat bosan baca sampai melakukan screening ditengah-tengah bacaan dan kebanyakan tokohnya. Damian juga plin-plan banget jadi cowok deh,masa harus berkali-kali ditinggal oleh Casey baru sadar kalo dirinya sayang sama dia
Red
yah untuk JL, menurutku ini kurang dari novel yang lainnya.
tapi, seperti JL juga, konflik novel ini bener-bener bagus sampe aku kasih tiga bintang (yah sebenarnya empat bintang untuk cerita historical-nya bisa aja tapi yah HR nggak lengkap tanpa romance yang 'ngena')
Rebecca
A woman taking up a job as a bounty hunter, In enjoyed that "what if" premise of this book and Casey determination that she can do anything she puts her mind too. I also enjoyed the pealing back of Eastern beliefs (cloths, society, etc..) in the "western" culture.
  • Lakota Renegade
  • Come the Spring (Rose, #5)
  • Never Marry a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #3)
  • Deceive Not My Heart
  • Night Storm (Night Trilogy, #3)
  • Only You (Only Series, #3)
  • Reckless (Regency Trilogy, #2)
  • Mountain Laurel
  • Indigo Blue (Comanche, #3)
  • Seduced
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom...more
More about Johanna Lindsey...
Gentle Rogue (Malory-Anderson Family, #3) Prisoner of My Desire Love Only Once (Malory-Anderson Family, #1) Tender Rebel (Malory-Anderson Family, #2) The Magic of You (Malory-Anderson Family, #4)

“Stupid people always ignored good advice” 33 likes