Rescuing the Emotional Lives of Overweight Children: What Our Kids Go Through-And How We Can Help

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  2 reviews

Helping your child through a weight problem doesn't have to be a long, difficult process. In Rescuing the Emotional Lives of Overweight Children, Dr. Sylvia Rimm, one of America's most trusted family psychologists for more than 20 years, cuts to the heart of the issue with simple advice you can use today, even as you are still searching for ways to help your child lose wei
Published April 3rd 2004 by Rodale Books

Tanya
I read this for continuing education and as a result I feel I'm better able to discuss with parents how overweight children experience increased emotional and social sorrows, increased academic pressure and increased anxiety related to their (sexual) development.
Michelle
I found this book to be pretty unique and liked the information it provided on the subject. I read it for professional reasons and would have liked more information directed toward providers rather than to parents. Worth the read in any case!
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Kaitlin Warner
Kaitlin Warner marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Frank Spencer
Frank Spencer marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2012
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2009
Kari
Kari marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2008
Dr. Sylvia Rimm’s nine years as a contributing correspondent to NBC’s Today Show and as a favorite personality on public radio make her a familiar child psychologist to many audiences.

Dr. Rimm is a psychologist, director of Family Achievement Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio, and is a clinical professor at Case Western Reserve School of Medicine. Families come from all over the United States for help.

She...more
More about Sylvia B. Rimm...
See Jane Win: The Rimm Report On How 1,000 Girls Became Successful Women Why Bright Kids Get Poor Grades: And What You Can Do About It How Jane Won: 55 Successful Women Share How They Grew from Ordinary Girls to Extraordinary Women Keys to Parenting the Gifted Child Growing Up Too Fast: The Secret World of America's Middle Schoolers