Start by marking “Rescuing the Emotional Lives of Our Overweight Children: What Our Kids Go Through-And How We Can Help” as Want to Read:

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  7 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Helping your child through a weight problem doesn't have to be a long, difficult process. In Rescuing the Emotional Lives of Overweight Children, Dr. Sylvia Rimm, one of America's most trusted family psychologists for more than 20 years, cuts to the heart of the issue with simple advice you can use today, even as you are still searching for ways to help your child lose wei ...more
Published April 3rd 2004 by Rodale Books (first published January 1st 2004)

Be the first to ask a question about Rescuing the Emotional Lives of Our Overweight Children

Tanya
May 16, 2009 Tanya rated it really liked it
I read this for continuing education and as a result I feel I'm better able to discuss with parents how overweight children experience increased emotional and social sorrows, increased academic pressure and increased anxiety related to their (sexual) development.
Michelle
Jan 07, 2009 Michelle rated it really liked it
I found this book to be pretty unique and liked the information it provided on the subject. I read it for professional reasons and would have liked more information directed toward providers rather than to parents. Worth the read in any case!
Nancy Stewart
Nancy Stewart rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Nancy Stewart
Nancy Stewart rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Kaitlin Warner
Kaitlin Warner marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Frank Spencer
Frank Spencer marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2012
Carrie Lynne
Carrie Lynne rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2009
Jas
Jas rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2008
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2008
Kari
Kari marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2008
Dr. Sylvia Rimm’s nine years as a contributing correspondent to NBC’s Today Show and as a favorite personality on public radio make her a familiar child psychologist to many audiences.

Dr. Rimm is a psychologist, director of Family Achievement Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio, and is a clinical professor at Case Western Reserve School of Medicine. Families come from all over the United States for help.

She
More about Sylvia B. Rimm...