Start by marking “Sleep Is for Everyone” as Want to Read:
Sleep Is for Everyone

Sleep Is for Everyone (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1)

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  50 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Why do you get sleepy?

When you feel tired, your body is telling you that it needs a rest. Everyone needs sleep. Babies need lots of sleep. Grown-ups need less. But no one can go without sleep for long. A team of scientists stayed awake for as long as they could to see what could happen. Read and find out some wide-eyed facts about the science of shut-eye.
Published April 11th 1997 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 1974)

To ask other readers questions about Sleep Is for Everyone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleep Is for Everyone

Evelyn Matias
Nov 04, 2012 Evelyn Matias rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science
This book is cute. Many children fight going to bed at night and this is a great way to teach them that every living thing cats, dogs, snakes, cows, all need their rest and so do people. I like the way they add in about the scientists wanting to know what happens if you don't sleep and they end up falling asleep too. It teaches children that you can't fight it and in order to be healthy and strong and on task you need to get your rest. I would use this with my younger grades but also in my own h ...more
Phyllis
our edition has art by Wendy Watson.
Kellee Hao
Content: Physical Health
Grade:1st
Sleep! What child doesn't like to nap when their brain gets tired? Well, most children do, but do they know about how sleeping is essential to the body and the brain? This book relates sleep from animals to humans and how each species sleep. I bet after a child reads this book, they'll see why sleep is even there in the first place. Maybe then children can appreciate it when their parents tell them to go to sleep!
Katrina Kim
Mar 12, 2013 Katrina Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: ece-3601, science
* Helps motivate children to sleep

Content:
- Physical Health (body/brain)
- Importance of sleep
- Naps
- Comparison of humans & animals sleep patterns

Students: Pre-k through 1st grade
* Simple and understandable text for children

The comparison of humans and animals can be done through a graphic organizer (venn diagram/ t-chart)

Discuss how scientists have experimented and studied sleep
Brigid Keely
Sep 01, 2012 Brigid Keely rated it it was amazing
"Sleep is for Everyone" is a book about sleep for kids, part of a series of science books for kids. It's simple and direct, easy to understand, and leads to further questions. The text is engaging and easy to follow and the illustrations are attractive and fun. My 3 year old is very charmed by this book and I look forward to reading more books in the series.
Ealthafer
Apr 07, 2011 Ealthafer rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be very interesting and I actually learned a lot from it. The story is really good at explaining the importance of sleep in a simple language that children can understand. This book would be really good to read to students for a science class because it talks about how scientists have experimented with sleep so students can see that.
Hannah Snelling
Apr 30, 2012 Hannah Snelling rated it liked it
Animals go to bed and so do we. We need sleep, but why? This book answers why people need sleep and how much sleep we need. It makes going to sleep logical instead of a battle! This is great for Pre-K through 1st grade as students learn why they need sleep and how it improves their attitudes and education.
Cornelius
Dec 05, 2010 Cornelius rated it really liked it
Shelves: animal-books
For kindergarten children, I would use this book in the classroom to show children the different ways that animals sleep, for example, some animals sleep standing up, with their eyelids down, with their eyelids up, and sleep sitting down. In addition, explain to children the importance of sleep.
Erin
Apr 06, 2010 Erin rated it it was amazing
This book teaches children the importance of sleep. It explains what our body does when we sleep and why our body needs rest. The story also discusses what happens when people do not get enough sleep.
Olson Family Matters
Feb 24, 2013 Olson Family Matters rated it liked it
Shelves: pre-k-science
Not the most informative, but Madelyn enjoyed. Glad it pointed out that little ones need more sleep than adults - because Madelyn has constantly been asking about that lately!
Ashlee
Dec 03, 2012 Ashlee rated it really liked it
This fun loving story teaches children why sleep is important. I enjoyed the book, would reccomend it for students in K-2 grades. Very colorful!
Good Gu
Oct 02, 2013 Good Gu rated it liked it
I feel tired and sad. I want to go to sleep now.
Helen
Helen rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Tiffany Matthews
Tiffany Matthews marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Tracy
Tracy added it
Jun 23, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Zoey
Zoey marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
May 02, 2016
Dorn
Dorn is currently reading it
May 02, 2016
Jacob Anderson
Jacob Anderson marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Rebecca Loyd
Rebecca Loyd rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Rajani LaRocca
Rajani LaRocca rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Katie Fitzgerald
Katie Fitzgerald rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2015
Ramya Poonkunran
Ramya Poonkunran marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
OS
OS rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1 (1 - 10 of 103 books)
  • Bugs Are Insects
  • I'm Growing!
  • My Hands (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1)
  • How Many Teeth?
  • Clouds
  • My Feet
  • My Five Senses Big Book (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1)
  • What's Alive?