Start by marking “Sleep Is for Everyone” as Want to Read:
Sleep Is for Everyone

Sleep Is for Everyone (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Why do you get sleepy?

When you feel tired, your body is telling you that it needs a rest. Everyone needs sleep. Babies need lots of sleep. Grown-ups need less. But no one can go without sleep for long. A team of scientists stayed awake for as long as they could to see what could happen. Read and find out some wide-eyed facts about the science of shut-eye.
Published April 11th 1997 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 1974)

To ask other readers questions about Sleep Is for Everyone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleep Is for Everyone

Evelyn Matias
This book is cute. Many children fight going to bed at night and this is a great way to teach them that every living thing cats, dogs, snakes, cows, all need their rest and so do people. I like the way they add in about the scientists wanting to know what happens if you don't sleep and they end up falling asleep too. It teaches children that you can't fight it and in order to be healthy and strong and on task you need to get your rest. I would use this with my younger grades but also in my own h ...more
Kellee Hao
Content: Physical Health
Sleep! What child doesn't like to nap when their brain gets tired? Well, most children do, but do they know about how sleeping is essential to the body and the brain? This book relates sleep from animals to humans and how each species sleep. I bet after a child reads this book, they'll see why sleep is even there in the first place. Maybe then children can appreciate it when their parents tell them to go to sleep!
Katrina Kim
* Helps motivate children to sleep

- Physical Health (body/brain)
- Importance of sleep
- Naps
- Comparison of humans & animals sleep patterns

Students: Pre-k through 1st grade
* Simple and understandable text for children

The comparison of humans and animals can be done through a graphic organizer (venn diagram/ t-chart)

Discuss how scientists have experimented and studied sleep
Brigid Keely
"Sleep is for Everyone" is a book about sleep for kids, part of a series of science books for kids. It's simple and direct, easy to understand, and leads to further questions. The text is engaging and easy to follow and the illustrations are attractive and fun. My 3 year old is very charmed by this book and I look forward to reading more books in the series.
I found this book to be very interesting and I actually learned a lot from it. The story is really good at explaining the importance of sleep in a simple language that children can understand. This book would be really good to read to students for a science class because it talks about how scientists have experimented with sleep so students can see that.
Hannah Snelling
Animals go to bed and so do we. We need sleep, but why? This book answers why people need sleep and how much sleep we need. It makes going to sleep logical instead of a battle! This is great for Pre-K through 1st grade as students learn why they need sleep and how it improves their attitudes and education.
For kindergarten children, I would use this book in the classroom to show children the different ways that animals sleep, for example, some animals sleep standing up, with their eyelids down, with their eyelids up, and sleep sitting down. In addition, explain to children the importance of sleep.
This book teaches children the importance of sleep. It explains what our body does when we sleep and why our body needs rest. The story also discusses what happens when people do not get enough sleep.
Olson Family Matters
Not the most informative, but Madelyn enjoyed. Glad it pointed out that little ones need more sleep than adults - because Madelyn has constantly been asking about that lately!
This fun loving story teaches children why sleep is important. I enjoyed the book, would reccomend it for students in K-2 grades. Very colorful!
Good Gu
I feel tired and sad. I want to go to sleep now.
Ramya Poonkunran
Ramya Poonkunran marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Wupengyu is currently reading it
Sep 20, 2015
Siskiyou-Suzy marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Misterka Homeschool
Misterka Homeschool marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Yvonne added it
Jul 28, 2015
Erica added it
Nov 09, 2015
Lily marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Sam Austin
Sam Austin marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Sonja Hadala
Sonja Hadala marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Lana added it
Feb 23, 2015
Elanor added it
Feb 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1 (1 - 10 of 103 books)
  • Bugs Are Insects
  • I'm Growing!
  • My Hands (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1)
  • How Many Teeth?
  • Clouds
  • My Feet
  • My Five Senses Big Book (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1)
  • What's Alive?