Start by marking “Cathartes Aura on the Road from Nowhere (Cathartes Aura, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cathartes Aura on the Road from Nowhere (Cathartes Aura, #2)

Cathartes Aura on the Road from Nowhere (Cathartes Aura, #2)

Episode Two in the "Cathartes Aura" series follows our turkey vulture narrator on the road away from the zoo. He observes the remnants of human society rebuilding, destroying, coming together, and falling apart in the aftermath of the apocalypse. Written in ten-by-ten format.
Published August 25th 2011 by KDP Select

To ask other readers questions about Cathartes Aura on the Road from Nowhere, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cathartes Aura on the Road from Nowhere

Sheila
Cathartes Aura: From the Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Aves
Order: Incertae sedis (disputed)
Family: Cathartidae
Genus: Cathartes
Species:C. aura
Or, for the more casual observer, Cathartes Aura is the Turkey Vulture, a bird found throughout most of the Americas. It is also known in some North American regions as the Turkey Buzzard (or just Buzzard).

And in the case of this story, Cathartes Aura is our narrator, the winged eyes looking down on a post-apocalyptic world, sharing his view of th
Sam
May 03, 2012 Sam rated it it was amazing
Here we catch up with our Turkey Vulture narrator as he frees himself from the confines of his zoo and sets out in search of food and safety. In doing so he stumbles (flies...) across a couple of camels pulling a rather unusual 'carriage' complete with a relaxed and reclining gentleman as well as two motorbike riders with mischief on their minds and a squad of soldiers clinging to the last vestiges of authority. In following these survivors he (and we) end up at a mall where a small community ...more
Christina
Note: I received a complimentary eBook of Cathartes Aura on the Road from Nowhere to review.

Cathartes Aura the turkey vulture has returned to observe the remaining humans in the area and their behavior. Some come together peacefully and some want to dominate. The reader gets to observe the groups separately as Cathartes Aura flies around looking for food and then ultimately as they find each other.

As I was reading, there seemed to be something missing for the most part- emotion. Remember that th
Jessica Edwards
Jessica Edwards rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2015
Aysha
Aysha marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2011
Educated at Dominican College, San Rafael, California, Eighty Six prefers a pen name because he'd like to be rich, not famous. He has worked his whole life in the restaurant business while writing on the side. With the encouragement of his wife, he has finally finished Part One and Two of this post-apocalyptic project. He is hoping to make his wife, son, dog, cat, and all the Dominican Penguins ...more
More about Eighty Six...