Start by marking “Shattered: A Teen Romance / Paranormal Romance” as Want to Read:
Shattered: A Teen Romance / Paranormal Romance

Shattered: A Teen Romance / Paranormal Romance (Dream Realms Trilogy #1)

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  3,013 ratings  ·  227 reviews
Laura Cubus was perfectly content with her life. A junior in high school, she felt perfectly normal. She had good friends, a great family, and did well in school. Nothing particularly exciting ever happened where she lived, and everything was stable.

But that all drastically changes when a new student arrives at Laura's school. Wild rumours swirl about his past, and Laura b
Nook, 0 pages
Published June 21st 2011 by Dream Publications (first published June 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Shattered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattered

If it ain't good I don't read it !

I gotta hand it to the author she actually made bella look stupid and I'm serious cause come on this is what Bella said:

Bella: I know what you are

Edward: what am I ?

Bella: ....

Edward: say it

Bella: a merman ( lol no but it would of been funny but anyways she said a vampire) boo! I'm disappointed Stephine

Edward: are you scared ? ( me : really ? Are you series ? The bitch is still standing in front of you so buddy save yourself some time and do the math :/ )

Bella: no ( me: Why am I not suprised )

Bad, very bad. I couldn't finish it, the beinning of the book was alright. But, then this happened: There was this boy she like Brad or something. They were friends but stopped because he become popular. Anyway she tried talking to him, it doesn't work something always get in the way. One day after-school she goes to her locker couldn't open it. Brad comes over to supposely to help. (Main Character swoons: My hero!) She feels a hand on her ass looks and sees a couple of guys (Brad included). You ...more
♥ The Book Snob ♥
By its cover, I had really great expectations with the book. But, oh, don't judge a book by it's cover. This book disappointed me. Monotonous kind o' a plot.

When Logan made an entry, I thought, "Oooh! Interesting part of the story starts." Even when he beats the boys, I was SMUG(I dunno why). I'm SO disappointed. Then again, deceptive thingy, got me fooled.

Nothing happens. Just fleeing, getting caught, fleeing, getting caught, and finally, the female protagonist, Laura, turning int
Emilee the Hipster Kitty Kat
Good golly miss molly where do I start? This book (I use the term loosely) was terrible! I got half way through and couldn't get any farther! And it wasn't even that long! It was more like a novella! It was about some girl (I can't remember her name) who meet some dude and stuff happens and some more stuff happens and then romance popped out of nowhere (at the begining whats-her-face was in tru luv 4eva with some floppy haired prep (urgh what is with teenage girls and their stupid preps?!) And t ...more
As much as I admire younger writers who put themselves out there and who attempt publishing, I cannot in good conscience recommend this book to anyone. Here's some reasons why:

- Incredibly poor plotting. It reads like a mashup of Twilight, Inception, and Indiana Jones. It's almost as though the author took everything she liked from other books/movies and tried to incorporate them all into one story line. As such, it just doesn't fit together. It's filled with holes. It doesn't make logical sens
It's times like this, you wish you could give a half star.

It was just terrible. I started reading it late one night, and in my sleep derpivated state, actually convinced myself that i liked it. The my kindle decided it wasn't worth my time and error messages plagued me, so i resolved to re-upload the book after i had some sleep.

Worst mistake of my life.

After i found the chapter i got up to, i snuggled into my recliner, setting myself in for a kid-free, lazy, book-reading day (which are very rar
I had to force myself to read the first 30 pages. Thinking it has to start to pick up sometime soon, even after skipping pages in the middle I still held out hope it would turn around. Alass I was 99% disappointed. Lets start with the character of Laura (the main girl), I felt she was a very weak, immature, young, her pathetic behavior and helplessness drove me insane. There was just no depth, the close second the details not matching up. At the start of the book the town and school were being d ...more
This young adult novella,has a lot of potential. It is called the Dream Realms Trilogy and the story has something to do with dreams, kind of. The Dream Realm seems to be more of a catalyst than something focused on as a plot device, at least in the first of this series. The world building was done ok and when the writing is good, it's great, but there are parts where it lags and it just reads dull and young. Laura just seems to follow Logan blindly and it may be because everything around her is ...more
Christine Butler
Fantastic book cover, mediocre book.

While I liked the overall story line, this book felt very rushed and was riddled with very jarring mistakes. I am a very forgiving person with typos and small mistakes, but I nearly put the book down when I was jarred out of the story by too many issues.

I think the author has promise and imagination. Her story was lovely and could have been amazing had she simply taken her time with it.
I understand how some may enjoy this book and how others question those who did. I liked how it started; it was interesting. I read the whole thing so it obviously drew me in. I found myself taken away from the story when I realized their was a problem in the sentence, grammar, typo's...etc. Book was begging for some romance. Even if just a crush. Nonetheless,I think the ending was a good one.

I have read better reviews on the second novel; so I'm looking forward to learning what happened to Lau
Meh, this book was kind of bad... I mean, kind of really bad! I didn't like the writing, the storyline was forced and totally unbelievable. The ease in which Laura accepted what Logan had to "show" her was just ridiculous! I didn't like it and it was obvious from the dead body near the bar what kind of paranormal book this was going to me. Drained blood and two marks on the neck and they put out an "animal alert", it's laughable!
Cover is great. Story is a bit challenging for me. I don't quite understand what it is with the elder vampires or how they manage the other vampires. This thing about the elders sounded familiar. Like in the twilight. But I do appriciate originality. It is not common so one will definitely not like it especially to those who are binded with the norms. I would still read the 2nd book. I want to know what happens next..
Lisa J.olsen
The reviews for this book were interesting and received quite a bit of praise, but I felt that the character development and plot were very weak. Once again, it was a vampire book where a girl is drawn into his enticing world. There was very little to develop their relationship before they were running for their lives, and he ultimately turns her to save themselves.
I found this book to just be OK.
There were so many things in it that bothered me. For instance... she was just taken from her family. And that was that. She rarely made a comment that she missed them. The amount of times that Logan said Laura's name in a paragraph also drove me insane. Not sure if I will read the sequels.
I'm only on chap four and I already think laura's a psycho. Seriously? Her reaction was pathetic.
Chap 5. She is less crazy.
The ending was so abrupt I thought maybe some of the book was missing. I want to know what happens and I hope these books get..deeper. From the foreshadowing it looks like they will.
Erin Danzer
Jaime Lester
The biggest problem that I had with Shattered was the writing itself. Terrible. There were so many problems, I almost had to just put the book down and walk away. There were words in the wrong places, extra unnecessary words, missing words, misspelled words.... on and on and on. Not one page went by that didn't have a mistake, and it is incredibly distracting. When I read, I want to be trying to figure out the story, not trying to figure out what the heck this or that sentence even means. So, th ...more
Well, I thought it was a nice book to read, but it was also it bit too much Twilight for me.

Laura meets Logan at school. He's a new student and she is forced to help him with his math. On a day he shows her one of his gifts (I still don't know why he did that.. he said that it felt good, but what the heck, they've just met?) She's quite obsessed with he and she wants to know more of him. He shows her another 'trick' and they get into a lot of trouble. Without hesitation she believes him
Zia Marie
I loved the cover of this book for starters. Well done on going with such a fantastic, eye-catching cover, Sophia.

I think Sharp will be a voice to watch over the course of the next few years. I was really intrigued by the way she created the dream world (the rules Logan told Laura about).

I thought the pacing moved a little too quickly and I had a hard time believing that the main characters would connect that quickly. I'm a big fan of character psychology more so than action, so I wish I knew
Kate Givans
I stumbled upon Shattered by Sophia Sharp completely by accident, and I'm glad I did. While there were definitely some things that I didn't like about the book (more on that later), the story line is intriguing and engaging enough to keep me reading. I also really enjoyed the originality of the story line. It wasn't your typical girl meets vamp kind of novel.

What I didn't like - So you can definitely tell that the book is self-published. As a writer myself, I found myself distracted with the nu
life's a fairy tale
Holy quick book Batman! I don't think I've ever read a book that felt more RUSHED. I thought it started out great {although that math teacher was unusually stern and Laura was unusually polite to her LOL}. Regardless, I thought there was just enough mystery about Logan.

And then... suddenly Logan is letting Laura hear other people's thoughts and taking her into this dream world... and then he tells her he's a vampire. There really should have been more mystery behind this. It just happened so fa
Sara Shaw
Feb 26, 2014 Sara Shaw marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: really-dude, ew
No words to describe this. Only expressing gifs:

So after a couple of boring, miserable hours, wasting them on a miserable, ugly book, I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Go teen wolf!

Okay my reaction on this:

This book hurts. It is like reading a fan fiction of Twilight. No, it IS reading a fan fiction.

So yeah, normal girl of which the writer wasted about 5 papers to say that the dump Laura is normal in a normal town with normal parents in a normal school with normal friends and norma
A quick little read with good potential. I like the two lead characters. My only issue, really, is that it's very abrupt. Things are building up nicely, and then BAM they are on the run and their lives are forever changed. I like that toward the end they meet someone who may be helpful to them and at least doesn't seem to want to kill them, but it ended too abruptly for me to have a clear impression of him too. Also...Laura gets dragged into this horrible situation and doesn't even seem too terr ...more
Bibek Thapa
I actually started this book two years ago and read it till chapter 15 or so, but couldn't get any further because of the immature writing, and the boring and stupid story-line.
I saw this book a few days back and thought I'd at least complete it. Big mistake.
Neither the story nor the writing improved much in the remaining chapters. Not reading the remaining books in this series anytime soon.
As other reviewers have said, this just felt a bit rushed. I like the characters and the way things were going, but it felt like the chase came too soon, with not enough development. It just feels a bit unfinished - I'll probably read the next one to see what happens, but don't feel the urge to get it and start reading right now.
Not one of best books I read,but it was ok.
Everything happens really fast, girl meets mysterious boy, girl is intrigued, boy turns out to be a vampire that can walk in the dream world. Problems start when he visits that world with Laura..
All in all it was not bad, i want to know how this saga ends.
Andrea Gurtler
I was actually upset when Logan turns out to be a Vampire, I was really hoping for something different...I might just be getting over the vampire book stage, but I think it would have been better if he was something alien (lol)
The story line wasn't bad at all, I just didn't care for the point of view in the third person. I will continue reading the rest of the series. So if you don't mind the point of view in the third person definitely read this book.
This book was AWFUL. Sorry to the author, but it was not good. The writing was very amateur, the characters were flat and the plot was silly. Do not read this. Seriously, don't waste your time.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 16, 2015 08:01AM
Forsaken Saga-Dream Trilogy 2 3 May 24, 2014 08:50PM
  • Chosen (The Seeker Saga, #1)
  • After Eden (Fallen Angels, #1)
  • Breathless (The Cordelia Chronicles #1)
  • Wicked (Celestra, #4)
  • Grey Eyes (The Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • The Reaping (The Fahllen, #1)
  • Captivated (Affliction, #1)
  • Shimmerspell (The Shimmer Trilogy, #1)
  • Descendant (The Shift Chronicles, #1)
  • The Guardian (The Guardians, #1)
  • Immortal Embrace (Embrace, #1)
  • The Ylem (The Ylem Trilogy, #1)
  • Embers (Playing with Fire, #1)
  • Sam I Am (October Trilogy, #1)
  • Beautiful Sins: The Sacrifice (The Thaneaddus Chronicles, #3)
  • Destined to Die (The Briar Creek Vampires #3)
  • Airel: The Awakening (The Airel Saga: Book 1, Part 1)
  • Anomaly (The Tri-Realms Saga, #1)
Born in Seattle in '91, and moved across the country to go to school in Boston a few years ago!
More about Sophia Sharp...

Dream Realms Trilogy (4 books)
  • Destined (Dream Realms Trilogy, #2)
  • Graced (Dream Realms Trilogy, #3 Part 1)
  • Ascension (Dream Realms Trilogy #3 Part 2)
Destined (Dream Realms Trilogy, #2) Graced (Dream Realms Trilogy, #3 Part 1) Ascension (Dream Realms Trilogy #3 Part 2) Forsaken (The Forsaken Saga, #1) Revelations (The Forsaken Saga, #2)