Start by marking “Many Faces of PTSD: Does Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Have a Grip on Your Life?” as Want to Read:

Person-centered instead of theory-centered, this resource provides a basic context for understanding how post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) affects people and those around them. Compassionate, firsthand knowledge of the different ways in which PTSD manifests itself are described throughout the 12 case studies examined in this guide. Bringing this mental health issue to ...more
Published July 25th 2010 by Holy Macro! Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Many Faces of PTSD, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Many Faces of PTSD

Molly
Jul 15, 2013 Molly rated it really liked it
I love the way the author describes PTSD through stories of real people. I especially like the format: the person'e story, the person's signs (symptoms), the person's steps to recovery, and the clinician's story. The last element of each story is the aspect that is unusual and very useful for "budding" therapists.
Shayla Logan
Nov 21, 2012 Shayla Logan rated it really liked it
Surprisingly, I liked this book quite a bit. It gave me some additional insight into the nature of PTSD, while being somewhat entertaining at the same time.
Beth McCaskill
Aug 03, 2013 Beth McCaskill rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
This book was recommended to me and it is so well written - I highly recommend it
2BACullen
2BACullen rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2012
Diane Wilkes
Diane Wilkes rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2011
Jessica Thornton
Jessica Thornton rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2015
Bernice Frank
Aug 23, 2013 Bernice Frank rated it it was amazing
This is a great book. Very well written. Thank-you Susan Rau Stocker!
Andrew Ogah
Andrew Ogah marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2012
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2013
Shelly Mclaughlin
Shelly Mclaughlin marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2013
Christina Fisher
Christina Fisher marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2013
Larue Hall
Larue Hall marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Jon
Jon added it
Nov 19, 2014
Carine
Carine marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2015
G. Bradshaw
G. Bradshaw marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2015