Start by marking “Vampires Rule (Rule, #1)” as Want to Read:
Vampires Rule (Rule, #1)

Read eBook* *Different edition

Vampires Rule (Rule #1)

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  717 Ratings  ·  135 Reviews
They don't call him Jackpot for nothing. Seventeen-year-old Jack Creed has always beat the odds... at least until now. When a werewolf tried to kill him, vampires saved him. When he got tired of life as a vampire, another attack made him mortal. Now Jack just wants to live a normal life, but what's normal about a hunter-girlfriend, a brother who wants to stake him to be on ...more
Published June 1st 2011 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published April 14th 2011)

Novel Delight Review & Lisa (Lissa) Smith's Bookshelf
Mar 06, 2015 Novel Delight Review & Lisa (Lissa) Smith's Bookshelf rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Jr. High/ Middle School girls
Recommended to Novel Delight Review & Lisa (Lissa) Smith's Bookshelf by: K.C Blake

As a lover of the written word and an overprotective much too involved mother not to mention a fan of the sups world, the title Vampires Rule caught my attention when my 11 year old wanted to read it. We just couldn’t wait to sink our teeth into this one (pun poorly intended). I try not to judge books by their covers (my daughter however, does), but I did find the cross on the VR cover to be eye-catching and it left many question and I had to dive in too see where it would lead.

Once purchased, t
Stephanie
May 20, 2011 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-published, 2011
This is the first self-published book I've ever read and I can't say I regret it. K.C. Blake has a great story here. Unfortunately, the book could've of used one or two more edits. Actually, my only qualm with the book is the spelling and grammatical errors in it. They weren't so awful that they jerked you out of the book though, not for me at least. It's really sad she couldn't find a publisher for this book because I bet it would really popular if she'd been able to get one. On to the review.. ...more
Jen - At Random
Jun 29, 2011 Jen - At Random rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a little surprised to find that this book is Young Adult but that’s only because I didn’t read the description before reading the book. It being YA is not a bad thing; it just caught me off guard.

This was not an ‘edge of your seat’ type of book for me but it did keep a steady pace and had some interesting and unique (at least unique for me) twists.

I liked that both of the main characters were able to defend themselves and didn’t constantly have to depend on others. They have their vulnera
-RadioActiveBookWorm-
Goodreads Synopsis: They don't call him Jackpot for nothing.

Jack gets caught between h
Debbie I Heart YA Books
Vampires Rule took me by surprise. I was not expecting this book to have the awesome story line that it did. K.C.Blake has written a winner with this series. Jack’s character is terrific. He's a human turned vampire, then back to human again, who says you don't get a second chase at life. Jack's second chance comes with a beautiful werewolf hunter whose name is Silver. They are destined to be together, in order to kill the first werewolf and save the human race. But that same destiny has a plan ...more
Melissa
Jun 21, 2011 Melissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-reads
This is a promising beginning to a new series. There was a lot of potential in the pages of this book. Some things worked really well, and a few things needed a little polishing. But, it was a pretty enjoyable read, and I will be interested in continuing this series in the future. There is an interesting little twist in this book when compared to other vampire genre books that I have read. Jack begins the book as a vampire, but he quickly turns back into a human after a werewolf attack. I though ...more
Kathryn
May 12, 2011 Kathryn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, pnr
This was a good book. The storyline is intriguing and very different in many of the other vampire books out there now. I do have to say that as I was reading it, I kept thinking about Buffy...there was a very faint similarity to it and it was just on my mind. But, truly it is only a minuscule thought.
When I began this novel, I had just finished a series in which one of the main characters was named Jack. Lo and behold, the main character here is Jack. So, I had to make sure I separated the two.
Vasya
May 21, 2011 Vasya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Stephen
I downloaded Vampires Rule by K.C. Blake from Smashwords and I am glad that I did. I would like to thank the author for providing me with a free review copy.

Vampires Rule was an interesting ride that I truly enjoyed. The history/myth building that served as the background for the story was a nice change from "normal" vampire and werewolf stories. With the addition of other realms with fairy beings, I was hooked from early in the story.

I have always been a fan of Urban Fantasy and vampires, but
ThatEzi  (Oh My Shelves)
3.5 stars for this effort.

In this story, we are introduced to a young man named Jack Creed. Ten years ago, werewolves viciously attacked his family, but a vampire gave him new life. Jack seemed to miss his old life, so he would drop by once a year to his home where his brother, the sole survivor of the attack, still lives. He wouldn’t make his presence known, but he would just reminisce about his old life.

During one of his visits, Jack comes upon a werewolf attacking a young lady. Unbeknownst to
Missdevora
Apr 15, 2013 Missdevora rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA paranormal readers
Jack a.k.a. Jackpot, a 17 year old teenager is attacked by a werewolf leaving him for dead but is saved by a vampire, by transforming him into one. Ten years later, while visiting his graveyard, vampire Jackpot tries to save a beautiful girl from a werewolf, although he knows that even a scratch from the creature means death. Miracles of miracles, Jack instead of dyeing turns into what he always wanted to be … a human, a 'normal' human that can go to school and have a normal life.

He meets Silver
Myvampfiction
review by cfmomLisa

*Warning: possible spoilers ahead.*

This book is a quick and easy read at 260 pages in the ebook format. The story follows Jack, a ten year old vampire that was killed at the age of seventeen along with his parents, leaving only his younger brother Billy behind. Every year Jack returns to his childhood home for a trip down memory lane, only this year the visit goes horribly wrong. After almost being caught in the house by his brother, now a fully grown twenty five year old, Jac
Becca
Not familiar with this book??? Here's a portion of the premise from GoodReads, "Jack has always beat the odds... at least until now. When he was attacked by a werewolf, vampires saved him. When he got tired of living the vampire life, another werewolf attack freed him, making him human again. Now Jack just wants to live a normal life, but what's normal about a hunter girlfriend, a brother who wants to stake him to be on the safe side, and a head werewolf building an army to rule the world?"

Intri
Lenore Wolfe
May 26, 2011 Lenore Wolfe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about two young people destined to be together. Their love sees them through, against great odds. Only together can they face the evil forces who would destroy them both.

From the moment I picked up this book, I didn't want to put it down, and I couldn't wait to get back to reading it when I was forced to put it away.The author is a superb storyteller, who keeps constant tension going between the characters, and who has a wonderful command of writing. She did use a different style in
Brittany
Sep 27, 2011 Brittany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book through Bee's Knees Reviews. This is definitely a read for any/all Vampire book lovers. I had never really been into the whole "scifi" type books but after reading the Twilight series a few years ago I started becoming interested in other vampire stories as well. This series (Vampires Rule/Werewolves rule) is far from the typical "vampire/werewolve/other" love triangle that most books are based on. With only a few chapters read, Vampires Rule became a definite page-turner fo ...more
Anino
To be succinct, this one did not work out for me. It started off OK, but then at about 15-20 pages in, I lost interest. Perhaps I will revisit in the near future... Oh well, it had "more bark than bite."

Giving this one: 2 stars

Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Jan 01, 2013 Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rule
OMG I loved this book!!
It was awesome! I loved Jackpot and her brother Billy:)
Silver's a kick booty character who doesn't put up with anything! She will not let anyone stand in her way!!
I can't wait to read the next one......
I also loved the names of the characters!
BRAVO BRAVO this author has found a fan for life!!

Can you imagine being a vampire for so long then one night when you think you have finally found true death to wake up mortal next to a beautiful girl in a fuzzy pink sweater!!! AWESOM
Tanya
Aug 13, 2015 Tanya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am VERY ambivalant about this book.

It wasn't bad . . . nor good. It had insane amounts of promise; it could've been a solid first book to a solid series. But it just wasn't.

It lacked... punch? Oomph? I'm not sure how to describe it. The relationships were ok, not good or bad. They also lacked that certain je-ne-sais-quoi. The best Relationship throughout the whole book was between the MC Jack and his teacher, Jersey. I would've loved to read more of that.

The rest felt forced, as if the author
Rose Glammoon
Sep 16, 2014 Rose Glammoon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: male-leads
This book was in a sentence... Wildly entertaining!

Extremely enjoyable, I loved the whole book, it was a bit obvious to me who the Head Werewolf was though even before Jack figured it out but wholly it was great. I did feel like some of the characters were killed prematurely (view spoiler) but the development of the rest of the characters were good, I really enjoyed Jack & the fact that the lead was a male, Silver was a bit of a pain to be honest but I like
Clarice
Jan 27, 2014 Clarice rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes when I first saw this book the title jumped out at me as corny at best, and only more than a little over played. But I finally decided to give this book a try and it was much better than my expectations. My expectation was a Twilight rerun. But Vampires Rule had an interesting story line and I wouldn't mind reading the complete series.

In the beginning of the book, Jack is a vampire. A 17-year-old boy forever stuck at that age. Never to grow old and never to even feel the heat of the sun ag
Stacey sterne
Vampires RuleKasi Blake

VAMPIRES!

Let me just first say, i have a high OBSESSION with vampire's. Have since i was little, while every little girl wanted to be a princess i wanted to be a vampire. Now i was extremely excited for this book.

JUST LOOK AT THAT BLOODY TITLE! VAMPIRES RULE!!!!!! WHO WOULDN'T BE INTERESTED IN THIS BOOK JUST BY THE TITLE!. See i have that terrible knack of judging a book by its title, i don't judge a book by its cover but by the title.

Yet this book lacked a lot of infor
Jackie
Aug 29, 2014 Jackie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who would win in a fight? Vampire or Werewolf? Why choose when you can have the powers of both! Jack(Pot) the main character attains the powers of both after he was attacked by a werewolf after 10 years of being a vampire. The combination of both and an old prophecy and he becomes a mortal with the powers of both. Alongside with his girlfriend, Silver, they prepare for ultimate battle against the original werewolf, the embalmment that is power, ferocity and intelligence with the destiny to raise ...more
Ingrid
Apr 07, 2015 Ingrid rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been reading a lot of novels featuring vampires lately looking for that thrill of fright that I always got reading Dracula and the Vampire Chronicles. Not full on horror necessarily, but the idea that something dark and terrifying could be lurking in every corner. So far, nothing I've read has quite compared. Vampires rule was entertaining - I will, at least, give it that - just not quite what I was hoping for. I would feel comfortable recommending it to my friend's 14 year-old daughter as ...more
Jamie
Vampires Rule had me interested right from the start. It has vampires and werewolves all with a twist. This is a must read!

Ten years ago Jack was a human who was attacked by a werewolf but then saved by vampires who turned him. He lost his parents in the attack. After living as a vampire for the past ten years he is attacked again by another werewolf, but this time he is turned back into a human. After getting this second chance at living life as a human all Jack wants is to be normal.

After ret
LastBreath
Imagine starting a life as a human, then becoming a Vampire for ten years, surviving the misfortune of being bit by a Werewolf, only to become human again. However, your second chance at mortality is gifted with the traits of both species - minus the whole blood lust. Then you meet someone who may be your life long partner. Only to discover that they come from a long line of Hunters and has the ability to suck the soul out of you!

Sounds interesting, right? Hell, it had me sold. But several chapt
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
My Cover Thoughts: I love the cover art work. It is a picture of a cross that is intricately designed with jewels and other hand work.

My Thoughts/Review: Oh man I have had this book for quite sometime and I finally was able to read it. I loved it and could not put it down. Jack is a vampire that can’t shake his humanity. Every year he goes to visit his home where his brother lives and visit his grave. Only this year he is told that he should avoid a girl because she will be the death of him. Of
Marsha
Jun 24, 2012 Marsha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA
(2.5 Stars) "Vampire Rules" is a story that had such potential but failed miserably due to the execution. Jack Creed and his family were attacked by werewolve ten years ago. His mother and father died. His brother was saved because he stayed hidden, and Jack was turned into a vampire when a trio of vamps came along just in the nick of time. After being gone from his his hometown, he decides to return. Unfortunately, after visiting his fake grave at the cemetery he notices a girl who is about to ...more
Haley Keller
Apr 12, 2013 Haley Keller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read K.C. Blake's Witch-Game series, and I really loved those books. That's why I decided to read this series, even though I wasn't sure how I would feel about it. I'm kind of burned out on vampire books, and I haven't even read that many. I don't even really understand myself because I'm not a big fan of vampires, but I still feel like I end up reading a decent amount of them just because of how many there are. I'm getting more and more tired of them though.

That being said, I did enjoy thi
Amanda
Oct 27, 2011 Amanda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Ok, so the positives:

Really awesome story idea. You have a kid that is killed and becomes a Vampire only to become un-Vampire because it is his destiny to kill a werewolf who is plotting world destruction. I know, awesome story idea right?

Now, the negatives:

There was some major timeline issues. There was a character that you were told the name and then 20 pages later, the character is kind of introduced. It didn't flow properly. There also seemed to be other parts of the books like something sh
Kimberly [Come Hither Books]
Vampires Rule was a decent paranormal read, with vampires, werewolves and slayers. It's appropriate for YA audience, though it wasn't marked as such, and is more enjoyable as a YA novel than as a paranormal romance. I'll try to avoid too much plot summary, so this review shouldn't have too many spoilers.

All of the characters are relatable and interesting, and the reason I rounded up to four stars. Jack is a young vampire, with an obvious longing for his family and the life he's lost that makes h
Lovers of Paranor...: R2R {134} Vampires Rule 5 spots CLOSED 19 177 Aug 07, 2013 02:08PM
We ♥ YA Books! : ARR # 96 - VAMPIRES RULE by K.C. Blake 15 67 Apr 17, 2013 01:43PM
Bought 6 13 Aug 30, 2011 09:20AM
  • Seventh Mark (Hidden Secrets, #1)
  • Taming Darkness (Artemis Lupine, #4)
  • Unnatural Law (Darwin's Children, #2)
  • Keeper, part 1 (Hidden Bloodlines #1)
  • On Dark Shores: The Lady
  • Rock 'n' Roll is Undead (Veronica Mason, #1)
  • The Ghost of Josiah Grimshaw (Morgan Sisters, #1)
  • The Buried Covenant
  • Prophecy of the Female Warrior (Nephilim Warrior Series, Book 1)
  • Haunted From Within (Haunted from Within #1-2)
  • Jingle all the YA (Sample 14 Bestselling YA Books)
  • Bad Blood: A Vampire Thriller
  • Blood Awakening (Blood Burden, #0.5)
  • Soul Quest (Soul Quest, #1)
  • Stake You (Stake You #1)
  • Bloodlines (Cries of Vampira, #2)
  • Obumbrate (Illumine, #2)
  • Ordeal
Born and raised in California, I fell in love with writing while reading The Outsiders. Then I fell in love with Stephen King's writing style. I enjoy reading many types of books, but YA Paranormal is my favorite. I used to write for Harlequin under a different name. So that's my background. Exciting, no?

I have seven books out now: Vampires Rule, Werewolves Rule,Shifters Rule, Crushed, Witch Hunt,
More about Kasi Blake...

Rule (5 books)
  • Werewolves Rule (Rule, #2)
  • Shifters Rule (Rule, #3)
  • Wizards Rule (Rule, #4)
  • Mortals Rule (Rule, #5)

“Stop!” she screamed. “Don’t hurt him.”

“Back off!” Billy shouted.

She yanked harder on Billy’s arm.

“He isn’t a vampire anymore, idiot. Look! Do you see that big, yellow thing up in the sky? That’s called the sun. It’s shining down on him, and he isn’t exploding. His fangs are gone. He’s as human as we are. Case closed.”

Billy stared up at the sky, his jaw slack. “Not possible.”

Jack mumbled, “They don’t call me Jackpot for nothing.”

“What?” Billy blinked at him.

“Private joke.”
6 likes
“You aren’t a vampire.” Silver's voice mirrored his shock. She repeated the phrase with a huge smile on her face. “You aren’t a vampire!”

“They don’t call me Jackpot for nothing,” he joked.”
5 likes