Start by marking “London A-Z” as Want to Read:
London A-Z

London A-Z

A top-selling guide. London cabbies train for years to navigate the city's meandering streets and mews. London A-Z is their bible. This highly detailed city atlas is found in every car in the country. It shows all the streets, lanes and courtyards, as well as train stations, gardens, parks, museums, rivers and points of interest. In total, over 40,000 thoroughfares are ind ...more
430 pages
Published December 13th 2006 by Hunter Publishing (NJ) (first published August 1984)

To ask other readers questions about London A-Z, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about London A-Z

Petra X
May 05, 2015 Petra X rated it it was amazing
This is the Londoner's bible. Just about everyone owns the paperback size but its produced in all sizes from pocket-handkerchief (centre and City only) to atlas-sized. If you go to London this could be your bible too - but before you buy it check that you can read the print. Some of them have very tiny type and they are no better than useless.

All you can do then is stop a passerby and ask them if they know where 'x' is and hand them the A-Z and then they won't be able to read it either.
Sara W.
May 18, 2016 Sara W. rated it it was amazing
This book is very perfect! Perfect to those people who visits London for the first time. This is the best guide since it includes details of the ways, trains and many more. You can enjoy walking and riding with confidence that you’re not going to lose your way. I hope that I can read more book about other country.
Cathy
Oct 08, 2012 Cathy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Just one word of warning - if you look up a street that has been renamed under its old name in the index, it will give you a map reference, but no indication that the name of the street on the map is the new name! This caught me out initially as I was looking for Henry Street NW8 which became Allitsen Road sometime around 1938. To be fair there is an old to new index and vice versa.
Kari
Ah, the venerable "A to Zed." This was the one guidebook my London host insisted I buy, and it makes a nice memento of the trip, too. I'll take it back with me when I go again--hope they haven't moved the streets around too much!
Yanni
Jan 05, 2009 Yanni rated it it was ok
Although THE definitive map for London, it is at times cluttered - the street identifiers are sometimes hard to find.
Precious Williams
Dec 04, 2009 Precious Williams rated it it was amazing
The most important accessory ever for someone like me - a Londoner with no sense of geography or direction.
Clare
Apr 19, 2015 Clare rated it it was amazing
Don't even think about visiting London without it.
Jan 10, 2010 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: travel
Saved me from getting lost on many occasions.
Joshua
Jun 07, 2009 Joshua rated it liked it
it's maps!
Charlie
Charlie marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Anand
Anand rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Terri King
Terri King marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Kim Carlson
Kim Carlson marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Karolina
Karolina rated it it was ok
May 28, 2016
Lizzie
Lizzie marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Yan Luo
Yan Luo marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Ian Jackson
Ian Jackson marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Johann
Johann rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Bengy Speer
Bengy Speer marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Dan
Dan rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Mr John D Leech
Mr John D Leech rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2016
lisa noel
lisa noel rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Alex
Alex added it
Mar 17, 2016
Mrs E Webb
Mrs E Webb rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2016
  • Rick Steves' Amsterdam, Bruges & Brussels 2007 (Rick Steves' City and Regional Guides)
  • Paris
  • A Yank Back to England: The Prodigal Tourist Returns
  • Turkey
  • The Rough Guide to Italy
  • Great Britain
  • Fodor's London 2012
  • Italy (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • 501 Must-Visit Destinations
  • In Search Of London
  • The Bad Girl's Guide to the Open Road
  • Rome
  • Fodor's Italy 2008 (Fodor's Gold Guides)
  • England (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • Florence & Tuscany
  • Concise Oxford English Dictionary with CDROM
  • Istanbul (Lonely Planet City Guide)
  • Rural Rides