Start by marking “Trinity Trespass” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Trinity Trespass

Val Kovalin

Trinity Trespass

A secret war rages throughout the southwestern USA and Mexico between demons and angels, all of whom are trying to pass for human. For Parnell, a demon living in Las Vegas NV, survival depends upon following orders and resisting the allure of any relationship that might bind him to another in sexual slavery.

In his competitive world, he regards other demons such as his lov
Published November 1st 2010 by Loose Id, LLC (first published August 31st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Trinity Trespass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trinity Trespass

Feliz
Aug 19, 2012 Feliz rated it it was amazing
Demons were freed from Hell by the first atomic bomb launched by J.Robert Oppenheimer at Trinity Site. Since then, they walk the earth among us, lead by their "higher-ups", the cadre, and fought every step of the way by their eternal enemies, the Angels. Demons and angels are connected by a kind of common mind, the Collective, an energy net through which they can sense each other's souls right down to detecting true feelings and lies. Only in New Mexico the Collective isn't as powerful as it is ...more
Jenre
Aug 19, 2012 Jenre rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, paranormal, romance
I’ve ‘known’ Val for a while now and always admired her as a reviewer. I was intrigued when she announced that she’d turned her hand to writing m/m books and was looking forward to reading her first published book. I’m pleased to say that Trinity Trespass turned out to be a commendable first novel.

Demons Parnell and Navarro have travelled to the New Mexico border where they must pass through the ‘barrier’ to get into New Mexico to apprehend an escaped angel/demon hybrid, Chavez, before he can be
Oco
Aug 19, 2012 Oco added it
Shelves: m-m
I’m always a little anxious about reading the first books of people I’ve come to know in other capacities. I’m familiar with Val’s reviews, and she’s turned me on to several wonderful novels, so when she announced her new books, I was excited for her, but also nervous, because a good reader and reviewer doesn’t mean a good author, and I was not looking forward to figuring out what to say if I didn’t like her writing.

Much ado about nothing. Trinity Trespass is a wonderful first novel.

(minor spoi
Kris
Aug 19, 2012 Kris rated it really liked it
Val, if there is not a continuation of this story so that we can see what happens next in the life of these characters I am going to be SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF!

*ahem*
Elisa Rolle
It was not easy to enter in the fictional world Val Kovalin created with this story, but that is always the problem with a Fantasy setting (or at least, it’s my problem). Moreover, Val Kovalin chose also to unsettling our few certainties, our traditional belief that Angels are good and Demons are bad; truth, sometime there are Demons who behave as if they have regrets, but sincerely I had only one other experience with Angels that are not the good guys.

I think the main reason is that in this no
Charly
Oct 26, 2012 Charly rated it really liked it
Really unique plot and unusual characters

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 7/10

PROS:
- The plot seemed incredibly unique to me. I haven’t read many stories that are at all similar to this one. There’s something exotic about the overall story and its characters, and that is only increased by the matter-of-fact way in which mysterious details are revealed.
- I’ve read stories before in which one character wants a committed relationship and the other is
Lily
Very well written debut novel about a pair of demons and the demon/angel hybrid they come into contact with. The world building was a bit intense at the beginning but once into the story the interesting, three-dimensional characters and the fast-paced, action-packed plot hooked me. I'd love to read more about these guys.
Chris
Aug 19, 2012 Chris rated it it was amazing
Excellent paranormal m/m romance about two demonic agents who have been sent to keep a unique demon-angel hybrid out of the hands of an evil angel. After the world "clicked" for me, both the fast-paced storyline and the complex relationship between the two agents kept me enthralled.
Wren
Aug 19, 2012 Wren rated it really liked it
The action was great, kept the story moving. The relationship between Parnell and Navarro was complex and interesting, even more so when Roberto entered the picture. Now that the world's been built and the stage is set, I'm anxious to read more about these guys and their adventures!
Tam
Parnell and Navarro have been tasked to head into New Mexico and fetch a demon-angel hybrid and stop the “crime boss” who is after the hybrid. This is a very complex story which I’ll try to summarize but I know I’ll fail greatly. Parnell and Navarro are demons who are trying to police the angels who are the bad guys, think drug mafia in Mexico. New Mexico is a “holy site”, if you will, for demons and it has a force field around it. When Navarro and Parnell cross they are no longer connected to ...more
Jess
Aug 19, 2012 Jess rated it liked it
3.75 Stars - very close to 4 stars.

Lets start with the good stuff:

I am extremely impressed with this authors imagination the plot concept was something very new. You can see that the author has put alot of thought into the characters, the world building and the powers that the demons and angels have.

However there is some issues I have:

To be honest - this book is confusing alot of the time. I felt that we never fully explored issues before the plot moved on. It is this state of confusion for most
Eden Winters
Aug 19, 2012 Eden Winters rated it it was amazing
Please let there be a sequel! I just couldn't get enough of our heroes, and have never seen such a conflicting mix of good and bad portrayed so convincingly in the characters Parnell, Chavez, and Navarro (upon whom I've developed a serous infatuation).

Amazing, enthralling world-building and conflicted, three dimensional characters, added to the tight, edge of your seat plot make this a "one-sitting" read.

This isn't your normal love story. T heir's is a relationship filled with power struggles,
A.J. Llewellyn
Aug 19, 2012 A.J. Llewellyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-a-copy
I found this to be an enjoyable read after a first chapter that was just chock-full of info dumping and pace-slowing back story. Some of the info also seemed confusing and frankly, contradictory. I became impatient with wanting the story to move forward and once I overcame my surprise that angels are the bad guys in this universe, I found this an entertaining, emotionally satisfying read. The two lead characters are convincing and make you care. Not sure how the initial chapter could be reworked ...more
Jess Candela
Aug 19, 2012 Jess Candela rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
3.5
Very well-written, but ultimately felt...unfinished? Incomplete? If there's a sequel, that could explain it. I'd definitely read another book by her. As a first book, it was great.
Sagajo
Sagajo rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2012
Lori
Lori rated it did not like it
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Nightcolors
Nightcolors rated it really liked it
Cori
Cori rated it liked it
Kassa
Kassa rated it liked it
Alyosha
Alyosha rated it liked it
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Maxine
Maxine rated it really liked it
Terri
Terri rated it liked it
Claudia Luis
Claudia Luis rated it it was ok
Jean
Jean rated it liked it
Rute
Rute rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2014
Pwnn
Pwnn rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2012
Cap'n Muchiko
Cap'n Muchiko rated it it was ok
Ksy
Ksy rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2012
Welcome. My nonfiction consists of the HOW TO WRITE series for fiction and nonfiction writers. My fiction is gay romance not intended for readers younger than age eighteen. I like humor, strong plots, vivid cultural details, and complicated characters and hope to offer you the same.

For four years, I was one of five paid reviewers for the All Romance Ebooks newsletter until the reviewing program w
More about Val Kovalin...