Start by marking “Cosmic Forces (The Jake Helman Files, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cosmic Forces (The Jake Helman Files, #3)

Cosmic Forces (The Jake Helman Files #3)

When the wife of New York City mayor Myron Madigan hires private investigator Jake Helman to spy on her husband, the trail leads him to Karlin Reichard. The wealthy industrialist and kingmaker leads a cabal that has secretly manipulated world affairs for generations. In order to bring these powerful men down, Jake must join them. But at what cost to his own soul?

Battling h
Paperback, First Edition, 380 pages
Published October 1st 2011 by Medallion Press

To ask other readers questions about Cosmic Forces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cosmic Forces

Nick Cato
Jul 11, 2011 Nick Cato rated it really liked it
After battling an unusual serial killer in PERSONAL DEMONS and defeating an army of drug-spawned voodoo zombies in DESPERATE SOULS, private investigator Jake Helman returns in yet another action-packed case. This time the wife of New York City's mayor hires Jake to see if her hubby is cheating on her. What he discovers is far worse than a roll in the hay: it seems the mayor belongs to an ancient order who have been manipulating world events for centuries . . . and the only way for Jake to bring ...more
Allan
Dec 23, 2012 Allan rated it it was amazing
O.K. third book down in the series. I have just recieved the 4th part autographed in the mail from the author!! I am starting it tonight! This book keeps the incredible streak of keeping my attention maxed. I love this book. It has mythology from the bible. A bit of Lovecraft. Well maybe. All in all a perfect supernatural thriller. It's so refreshing not to have super soldier/Superman as the hero. Then again he really get's his ass handed to him. Fantastic!! 5 stars out of 5. If you have not ...more
Shelly
Dec 30, 2012 Shelly rated it it was amazing
In the 3rd installment of the Jake Helman Files we see several old characters making appearances as the story ties back into Tower Industries. This one focuses mostly on the religious/mythic story line of the first book.

The Mayor's wife hires Jake to follow her husband to find out where he is going and what he is doing when he goes on his monthly retreats. She suspects him of cheating on her. At the same time Jake is trying to help Edgar's ex-girlfriend find out what is going on with her teenage
Simon West-Bulford
May 26, 2012 Simon West-Bulford rated it it was amazing
Third in the series and my favourite so far. Strictly speaking, I heard this rather than read this, as I decided to get the Audio version. There are few things more amusing than listening to a guy putting on a woman's voice when trying to do it seriously, but the reader did a good job (they so often do), and his abilities were stretched to the max when, at one point, he had to try and perform several voices at once!

Anyway, the book itself! It packs a punch right from the prologue which left me g
Tanya Patrice
Oct 20, 2012 Tanya Patrice rated it it was amazing
Loved this! I am not familiar with this series - or even that this book was a part of a series - until I started reading. In the first few chapters, there is a lot of mention about what happened to Jake in the earlier books (I believe there are 2 before this one), but that didn't have much to do with this story so I didn't feel lost. If anything, by the end of this book, I wanted to go and get the first 2 so I could read more about Jake and what he had gone through previously.

This book will not
Brett
Jan 11, 2012 Brett rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, series, favorites
Cosmic Forces is the third novel in Gregory Lamberson's Jake Helman files series and it is as good if not better than the previous two.
In an epic battle between Heaven and Hell, Jake is drafted by both to investigate a growing number of 'blind' spots that neither Heaven nor Hell can see into and is devouring souls at an alarming rate. Souls that are needed to keep the Cosmic Balance.

I can't go into this too much right now without giving away too much. So...trust me...you HAVE to read this, but b
Debra
Mar 02, 2013 Debra rated it really liked it
I've really enjoyed this series and have purchased the 4th book to read soon. Jake sure gets himself in a lot of trouble. Love the creative creation/evolution take; it's disturbing enough to piss off a few people. Haha! I can't help but compare this series to the Repairman Jack books, which are also very good. Lamberson is on to something fun for us horror fans!
Jared
Apr 04, 2012 Jared rated it really liked it
A fun and gruesome series that reads like a hard-boiled detective series written by HP Lovecraft. The science fiction cult is a nice touch and the story moves at a nice clip. Might not be the best book to start with since there is a lot of backstory in the other two books, but well worth checking out.
Richard
Dec 05, 2011 Richard rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
Things just keep getting crazier for Detective Jake Helman.
Paul Ohlson
Dec 06, 2012 Paul Ohlson rated it really liked it
Jake Helman is a badass who just keeps getting badder!
Kandes
Nov 10, 2011 Kandes rated it liked it
Shelves: library
I only read about 100 pages in this book before I had to return it to the library because it was due back & I've already renewed it twice lol. But I wanted to do a short lil review & encourage you guys to go check out this series, it's really great. I'm totally bummed I won't be able to finish this one for awhile BUT there's a fourth comin out in Oct '12 called Tortured Souls, so definetly be on the lookout for that! I only gave this book 3 1/2 stars because so far it wasn't super ...more
Tracy
Aug 08, 2013 Tracy rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
I didn't realize until I started reading this book that it was book three in a series. That didn't matter the story was still easily followed as past books were explained enough that you knew what had gone on and how it related to the current story. I was impressed with the pace of Cosmic Forces and am excited to go to the library and get more books in the series.
Stephanie Lowry
Aug 01, 2013 Stephanie Lowry rated it it was amazing
I love everything that Greg Lamberson has written but the Jake Helman Files are adventurous, wild, and keep my enthralled.
Leslie Borghini
Leslie Borghini rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2012
Brett
Brett rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2012
Cara Poggi
May 13, 2014 Cara Poggi rated it really liked it
Certain parts are great, certain were meh.
Paul
Paul rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2012
Chelsihouse
Chelsihouse rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
Bari
Bari rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2012
YORLEY
YORLEY rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2013
Crystal
Crystal rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2012
Mike Burns
Mike Burns rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2014
Jonathan Stewart
Jonathan Stewart rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2014
Tori
Tori rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2016
Chris Melo
Chris Melo rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2016
Renoise
Renoise rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2015
Chriskolak
Chriskolak rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2012
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2015
Mike
Mike rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2014
Gregory Lamberson is an author and filmmaker who specializes in horror entertainment. He is a two time winner of the IPPY Gold Medal for Horror and a three time Bram Stoker Award finalist. Fangoria magazine called him "the hardest working man in horror."

Lamberson is the author of two ongoing supernatural action series, "The Jake Helman Files" (PERSONAL DEMONS, DESPERATE SOULS, COSMIC FORCES and TO
More about Gregory Lamberson...

The Jake Helman Files (5 books)
  • Personal Demons (The Jake Helman Files, #1)
  • Desperate Souls (The Jake Helman Files, #2)
  • Tortured Spirits (The Jake Helman Files, #4)
  • Storm Demon