Start by marking “How to Be a Better Foodie: A Bulging Little Book for the Truly Epicurious” as Want to Read:
How to Be a Better Foodie: A Bulging Little Book for the Truly Epicurious

How to Be a Better Foodie: A Bulging Little Book for the Truly Epicurious

Bulging with information, this little book is a delightful celebration of food that will appeal to anyone who is fiercely dedicated to finding the finest, latest, rarest, and most delicious culinary knowledge. How To Be a Better Foodie serves up entertaining and informative morsels to satisfy even the most insatiable cravings, such as:
? Unusual delicacies?prawn shells, ra
Published October 18th 2007 by Viking Studio (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about How to Be a Better Foodie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Be a Better Foodie

hannah
Aug 22, 2011 hannah rated it liked it
Shelves: food
This was more hilarious than I thought it was going to be. Food snobbery is evidently more ridiculous than fashion snobbery. But in all honesty this was not a bad read. I did learn a lot about food and cooking, but given that the grammar was terrible and she conflated Argentinean and Brazilian food, I'm not sure how accurate other information was.
Jough
Mar 22, 2009 Jough rated it liked it
First of all, it's a pretty little pink hardcover book that's about haute cuisine. What's not to like?

I know the book is actually supposed to be a serious look at the food-nerd lifestyle, but I found that it read better as satire. Still, it's funny and packed with lots of interesting info about the history of certain dishes, the cultivation of ingredients, and dining etiquette.
Britany Rickett
Mar 26, 2011 Britany Rickett rated it it was ok
I learned there is a difference between someone who loves good food and someone who is a foodie or maybe my budget just won't allow for such. I still enjoyed learning about food but I probably should start with a beginner foodie book along with a foodie dictionary.
Marie
Nov 04, 2010 Marie rated it it was ok
A collection of quotes, ingredient lists, and foodie tidbits. I expected something a bit more ... substantial, and thus was disappointed.
Brittany
Dec 29, 2012 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food
It was good enough to read through again--can make a great coffee table book for light reading but enough depth to be read all the way through.
Sunnybeegirl
Feb 27, 2016 Sunnybeegirl rated it really liked it
I'm liking it a lot so far!!! Lots of cute little ditties and information about foods and their uses...
Saadia
Aug 19, 2016 Saadia rated it it was amazing
This will make a very good coffee-table book. The pink and chocolate pages paired with pleasing illustrations and a fitting formatting make this book a delight to read.
Neil Forbes
Neil Forbes rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2013
Christina Orso
Christina Orso rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2012
Kat
Dec 09, 2010 Kat rated it really liked it
lots of interesting tips to being a better foodie
Louise
Louise rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2012
Colin
Colin rated it it was ok
Aug 21, 2016
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2011
Rita
Rita rated it liked it
May 17, 2014
Sarah rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2012
Eric
Eric rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2009
Dre
Dre rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2009
Terri
Terri rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2013
Sandi
Sandi rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2014
Jeth Gool-tan
Jeth Gool-tan rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2012
Jasmin
Jasmin rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2011
Kelli
Kelli rated it liked it
May 24, 2016
Nikki
Nikki rated it did not like it
Dec 27, 2013
Tamara Pesik
Tamara Pesik rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2008
Tracie Green brooking
Tracie Green brooking rated it it was ok
Dec 05, 2015
Wendy
Wendy rated it it was ok
Jan 09, 2012
Tamer
Tamer rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2009
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2008
Jill Stasch
Jill Stasch rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2008