Start by marking “White Rabbit's Colors” as Want to Read:
White Rabbit's Colors

White Rabbit's Colors (Little Rabbit Books)

White Rabbit's Color Book (Little Rabbit Books)

One inquisitive hop, and splash! goes White Rabbit into a bucket of yellow paint. Soon the little rabbit is jumping from bucket to bucket and learning all about colors and how they mix. Quivering with excitement, Brown Rabbit nudges open a square gift box and finds five balloons which take on all sorts of shapes. Gray Rabbit a
Published September 15th 1999 by Kingfisher

To ask other readers questions about White Rabbit's Colors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Rabbit's Colors

Annette Taylor-james
Jul 15, 2014 Annette Taylor-james rated it it was amazing
Shelves: colorful
This book is great for teaching about mixing colors put this book in your science center after reading to the children allow them to mix their colors following rabbit along his journey from white to guess what color? You will have to read it to find that out! The colors are vivid.
Krista
Oct 06, 2016 Krista rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, own
Cute little book to teach little ones about color mixing. I really loved the ending of this book. My little girl is learning her colors and this book was perfect. Plus it's a cute enough read this she doesn't know it's teaching her anything. Hidden education! Love
Clementine Lagarde
Oct 11, 2013 Clementine Lagarde rated it it was amazing
I love this book! This is a book for young children, it teaches them about colours that mix and become other colours.

One day white rabbit finds 3 pots of paint, red yellow and blue. She takes a fancy to sunshine yellow and jumps in the pot of paint! She then thinks the red paint looks interesting and jumps in that.... thus causing her to become orange! She quickly takes a shower to wash herself off. Then jumps back into the red paint followed by the blue paint turning herself purple. Princess pu
Slytano
Oct 17, 2013 Slytano rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always tell kids that I can't see colors very well. Why do I tell them this lie? Because Mr. Rogers was colorblind, and if he could not see colors well, then I shouldn't, either.

Plus, I'm just looking for a way to introduce the idea to kids that we are all different.

Plus, I'm not really sure if I do see colors correctly, if you want to know the truth.

Anyway, a white rabbit keeps hopping into different colored buckets of paint and follows up on its absurd task by taking a shower. By the end of
Katrina
Jun 12, 2009 Katrina rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 4-8 Year Olds Learning about Colors
Shelves: picture-books
This book teaches the secondary colors by illustrating a curiuos rabbit jumping into paint bowls of primary colors. This is one of of the only books like that I have found that teaches the three colors that make brown. Mouse Paint by Ellen Stolle Walsh has a better storyline in my book but the rabbit is cute too.
Rebecca
Dec 29, 2015 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
One of the best color mixing books out there (because of course you rinse in between -- something Pete the Cat misses). Gorgeous, simple illustrations; fun to adapt to flannel, too.
Gela
Apr 25, 2016 Gela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like it because it's has colors of the rainbow, except brown but I like brown too.
Adriana age 5.
Kay
Nov 29, 2016 Kay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO CUTE. loved the illustrations.
simple book about primary and secondary colors.
the drawings were nostalgic for me for some reason..
Usagi
Dec 08, 2016 Usagi rated it it was amazing
This is a great book to introduce color theory to pre-k students. The rabbit is cute, and children have fun guessing what color it is going to turn out.
Ali Martini
Cute for kinder or 1st, color mixinf
Katie
Dec 16, 2016 Katie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, storytime
I just love this book, especially the illustrations. The darling rabbit discovers three pots of paint, and hops in each one, seeing how the colors mix oh her fur. After discovering new colors she washes off, and starts fresh. The narrative is descriptive, but doesn't talk down to readers. Children are able to guess what color the rabbit will be when she emerges from the paint pots. The illustrations do a wonderful job of telling the story, enabling children to follow the story without being able ...more
Jaksen
Apr 14, 2015 Jaksen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Okay, I am going to review the 'Rabbit' books, which my two grandsons just love.

Now, I've got an entire bookcase of children's books, some new, some old, some from my childhood, some from my daughter's childhood, but among them are the 'rabbit books' which we re-read, over and over and over ...

When the boys are here they always want books, and I say, get me five books, or six books, whatever. They ALWAYS select the rabbit books. (Seriously, I have about 100 or more books, boys.) :D

The funny thin
Tara Kollman
Dec 03, 2013 Tara Kollman rated it really liked it
This book is an adorable way to teach young children about colors. Firstly, if the child did not know what the title of the color corresponded to the specific shade, a student can learn through this book. Also, this book teaches to students what happens when you mix colors. I would use this book in a classroom in grades K-1. I think the students would enjoy and laugh at the book when the bunny changes to funny colors. The book first starts off with mixing red and yellow makes orange. Then the b ...more
Benjamin
May 05, 2016 Benjamin rated it really liked it
All careful parents must be mindful of the media their children consume, and this book is a stark reminder of that fact. White Rabbit, a thinly veiled prototype for the generic Aryan girl, is contaminated with a number of colors. Benign resistance proves futile, and her only recourse is to permanently accept the role of the brown uniform in her life.

I kid. This is a fun little story about mixing primary colors. It promotes curiosity and adaptability. It is not Neo-Nazi propaganda. But your toddl
Jennifer Heise
Sep 06, 2016 Jennifer Heise rated it it was amazing
Shelves: colors, beekman, kids, rabbits
It's really a pity that Alan Baker's Rabbit books are no longer in print. In this charming volume, a family favorite, White Rabbit (messily) hops into one and then another of 3 primary color paints, showering off between color combos. But when she tries the last combination (green) she discovers she's out of water-- and finishes up by coloring herself brown by hopping into the red! The short text on each page makes it a quick read, and the rabbit is drawn doing un-rabbity things in a rabbity way ...more
Kathryn
Nov 22, 2013 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
A wonderful picture book option for children around the ages of three to four, this story is more of a lesson on primary and secondary colors than a story itself, but is put in a fun, easy to understand, and enlightening way. As a young rabbit hops into different tubs of paint to observe what color he will becomes, and washes clean to begin again, children are able to learn about the combination and formation of colors. I did a small lesson using this book for a curriculum class I am currently t ...more
Mary
This is a great book about colors and how they mix together to make new ones. A rabbit finds three different tubs of paint: one yellow, one red, and one blue. He experiments with all of the colors and finds which ones mix together and make new colors. At the end, he can wash no more and he mixes all three to make brown. He began the story as a white rabbit and ended as a brown one. A great story for young ones learning about colors!
Katie Hibbard
Nov 07, 2014 Katie Hibbard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With the simple but beautiful illustrations, this book can be a great resource to use to teach children how to mix colors together; it is a fun way to introduce primary colors and what can be done when they are mixed together. Sometimes colors don't quite mix; I loved how White Rabbit solves his little problem in the end with the colors that he has. This is a really cute book that should be read to children that are learning their colors.
Destiny Thompson
Feb 20, 2015 Destiny Thompson rated it it was amazing
This book teaches children how to mix primary colors in order to create secondary colors, and eventually results in all the colors being mixed to crate brown. The white rabbit baths and in colors creating a rainbow of colors. Children enjoy this book, and don't even now they are learning how to create new colors. This book can be used to teach about animals, not just colors. Great Book!
Samantha
Mar 18, 2013 Samantha rated it really liked it
A white rabbit experiments with color by playing in buckets of paint. Colors are also associated with qualities and characteristics in text and in between colors the rabbit showers, returning to its white fur, so that further color combinations are possible.

A great read aloud, like Mouse Paint, for a color storytime.
Becky B
Curious white rabbit hops in various tubs of paint in different combinations ending up with all the primary colors at various times, and - thanks to a handy shower - all the secondary colors at various times, ending eventually with brown.

A cute and simple book for kids learning about primary and secondary colors. White rabbit is a cute fellow to follow around as he experiments with colors.
Morgan
This book is about a rabbit who wants to be a different color other than white. When the rabbit takes a bath in different bowls of paint her discovers how mixing different colors together can make other colors. I love this concept book and is great for a Kindergarten classroom or an art mini lesson.
Ashley
Sep 21, 2008 Ashley rated it it was amazing
This book teaches the secondary colors by illustrating a curiuos rabbit jumping into paint bowls of primary colors. This is one of of the only books like that I have found that teaches the three colors that make brown. This would be a great book to teach primary and secondary colors. Thsi would be good for K-2
Alicia
Jul 13, 2010 Alicia rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, science
Okay, it's nice to teach kids what color mix together to make what color, but none of these books seem to teach that to make orange it takes far more yellow than it does red, and to make green it takes far more yellow than blue, and to make purple it takes more blue than red. All these books seem to imply and equal mixture of the colors. I find this frustrating and misleading.
Lindsey
Mar 23, 2012 Lindsey rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-book, animals
When White Rabbit finds three tubs of yellow, blue, and red paint, she has all kinds of fun learning about colors. She finds out that when you mix two colors, it makes a new color. This was very easy to read book. It would be appropriate for teaching younger children about primary and secondary colors.
Crystal
Feb 26, 2014 Crystal rated it it was amazing
Shelves: february
This book is a darling way to teach children about colors and mixing colors. This book is written as more of a story than a textbook. Writing this way caught my attention and I think will catch children's attention well! It is fun book and there are many good activities that could go along with this book.
Rachel Dalton
This is a fun way to help your students learn how to make secondary colors. It also is a great prediction book! I would definitely use this book with some kind of discovery art activity. I have the Spanish version of the book and want to get the English edition.
Caroline Raines
I really loved this book because it reminded me of the book Mouse Paint where they mix the colors and discover new colors. I love books about color and I thought the art in this book was particularly cute.
Meg McGregor
Aug 23, 2015 Meg McGregor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-lexi
Fantastic book to introduce and reinforce colors.

White Rabbit helps littles learn their colors in a very fun way that begs for repeat readings.

I especially like when she jumps into the colors and turns out a pretty purple rabbit. Purple is my favorite color.
Meg McGregor
Aug 31, 2015 Meg McGregor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book to introduce and reinforce colors.

• Blue Goose
  • My Crayons Talk
  • Mix It Up!
  • Today Is Monday
  • What Does Bunny See?: A Book of Colors and Flowers
  • What Will Fat Cat Sit On?
  • Color Dance
  • When Pigasso Met Mootisse
  • Picture a Tree
See this thread for more information.
More about Alan Baker...

Little Rabbit Books (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Black and White Rabbit's ABC
  • Gray Rabbit's 123
  • Brown Rabbit's Day (Little Rabbit Books)
  • Gray Rabbit's Odd One Out