Start by marking “Sam (Fearless, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sam (Fearless, #2)

Sam (Fearless #2)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  2,148 ratings  ·  67 reviews
There's somebody who wants me dead.And he's probably going to succeed.Very soon. There is something I have to do before I go.And there's only one person I want to do it with.Sam. NO RULES. NO LIMITS. NO FEAR.
Published January 27th 2000 by Simon & Schuster Childrens Books (first published November 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Sam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sam

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingTwilight by Stephenie MeyerThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisThe Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. TolkienHarry Potter Boxset by J.K. Rowling
Best Series Books
475th out of 888 books — 764 voters
The Princess Bride by William GoldmanThe Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar WildeJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëBrave New World by Aldous HuxleyTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Books I Have Every Intention On Reading Someday
261st out of 303 books — 64 voters

More lists with this book...

Rebecca Gober
So I only gave this three stars because I didn't feel like it really delved into a plot until the very end and because I feel that this book is super inappropriate for teen readers. Basically page one until the last few chapters was all about how the main character, Gaia, wanted to lose her virginity before she died. (Some thug targeted her and kept wanting to kill her. The whole run ins with him was kind of ridiculous, yet a tad bit humorous.)

I have to say that the part that surprised me the mo
Jill
The journey of 17 year-old Gaia continues in Sam by Francine Pascal. Gaia has found her niche in high school with her one and only friend Ed Fargo. But as soon as this occurs, she discovers that people have been hunting her due to her dad's job as a CIA antiterrorist mastermind. Through Gaia's many near death experiences, she comes to two conclusions: there is more than one group of people who wants her head, and she wants to have sex before she dies. She only wants to have it with Sam, the coll ...more
Ariana Granda
Fearless by Francine Pascal is a fiction book about an extraordinary girl name Gaia. She was born without the gene that causes fear. Throughout the book, Gaia fights for her life against people who are try to hurt her in order to get retaliation for their friend. The group of people trying to hurt Gaia believe that she murdered their friend. While all of that is going on, Gaia is also having conflict within herself. She accepts the fact that she might be killed, but is disappointed that she hasn ...more
camille
Este segundo libro me defraudo por completo...

Accidentalmente compre el primer y el segundo libro de esta saga,es una venta en la feria del libro a muy buen precio, sentía que los ejemplares me llamaban y decían cómprame, cómprame, comence a leer el primero y me sorprendí por la trama, fue impresionante como me cautivo la persecución del libro y los embrollos de ciencia ficción, pero ahora que leo la segunda parte estoy decepcionada, no fue malo,simplemente no supero al primero y ese es el tema
Chy
Okay, so, all I was going on when I picked up this trilogy was, "Girl who is genetically incapable of feeling fear," and thought, "Oooh, so much the writer would do with that!"

I did not realize this was the author of the Sweet Valley High books. Didn't realize that until I came to Goodreads to look these books up, even.

Anyway, it seemed like the first book never really got the chance to explore the main idea---that the MC is incapable of feeling fear, and how that came about---but that was okay.
Caro
I just love the Fearless series. Since I now own a Kindle, I am now able to download all the installments, even those hat I never read because they were never published in Germany!

I have a really hard time seeing these really short novels each individually. Unlike many other young adult series, Fearless doesn't really have individual volumes that could (or should) be read alone.

Sam is the second volume of the Fearless series, and revolves, as the title subtly says, about Sam, a cute chess player
Steven Grecia
Compared to the first book in the series, Fearless, this book is better by a hundred notches. This book actually showed depth, but not reaching a point where the main character gets whiny and all. I especially loved the chase, how twisted and intertwined the story turned out to be.

Sure, the author could've picked a much more interesting title than 'Sam,' one of the characters in the story, but I believe it fits just right. The book became so intense I felt like I was in a roller coaster aiming
Maggie
Jun 23, 2009 Maggie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Maggie by: Found it on the bookshelf at the library
Shelves: june-09
Meaghan R. (YA-aholic)
FIRST OFF....THAT SYNOPSIS ABOVE IS NOT FOR THIS BOOK!!!!!

*read OMNIBUS*

what a way to start a story. picks up petty damn close to the ending of the other one. (view spoiler) has been outed (to readers only) as a bad guy. she's working for someone who is possibly (view spoiler)
Gaia has made up her
Gimena
Amé este libro. Otro de mis grandes hallazgos en un supermercado. Lo leí sin interesarme por conseguir el tomo número uno. Aún así, la historia la entendí muy bien y me enganché pero después, con el tiempo averiguando, me enteré que hay publicados nada más y nada menos que ¡¡¡36 tomos!!! Casi me muero. No tengo muchas esperanzas de conseguirlos todos, eso no significa que vaya a dejar de buscarlos.
Jobelle Aqui
Jizel
Hmmm...well, Gaia was a big bitch here. Plain and simple, so I guess its pretty obvious that I didnt like the second book. Gaia tries so hard here to make Heather look like the bitch that she was in the first book but I think Heather was the right one here. She was just trying to keep Sam, her BOYFRIEND, from Gaia's horny clutches and she comes out the bitch? That just sucks. But, there were good stuff in this book like the awkwardness betwee the hopeful Ed and Gaia, there was also the excellent ...more
Tabatha
Jun 05, 2008 Tabatha rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: yes
fearless sam is a book about a girl named gaia who is in love with a guy named sam who is dating heather. heather and sam can not stand ech other and altough heather is dating sam sam has feelings for gaia. gaia is the type of girl who is always in danger. she hates her adoptive mother just as well her mother hates her.i liked this book because it was not one of those really girly books that is always talks about guys and clothing and boring gossip. it was a book that had some romance but an ac ...more
Lauren
These books are okay, they are definitely outdated. I think the character of Gaia is good, she almost reminds me of Veronica Mars. I just can't say how impressed I am with the books though. I read better YA novels.
S.R. McKade
I rectified my previous review of 3 stars to 1 because this book was way below my expectations. I was really disappointed with Gaia. She supposedly has a lot of honor but she set her sights on Sam who's Heather's boyfriend. Ok, so she and Sam have fallen in love with each other but he's with Heather, even if Heather's despicable. Sam was also such a jerk. Hello, make your mind already. This book teaches all the wrong things to teenagers - how to steal someone's boyfriend and that losing your vir ...more
PurplyCookie
Gaia is in trouble. Again. CJ is still trying to kill her. He thinks that she killed Marco.

Gaia is now determined to do something before she dies and/or is murdered. She wants to have sex. But there's only one person she wants to do it with, Sam. The only problem, he's with Heather, but in his mind, he knows he wants to be with Gaia. My, what an enlightening book that one shouuld give to a young adult. Note my voice that just drips of sarcasm.

More of Purplycookie’s Reviews @: http://www.goodr
Kim
I've read this series over ten years ago. But I remember it being very good. For the first 18 books. After that the more it lasted the worst it got. I stopped at book 32. These days I wouldn't give it more than 20.

Back to the good stuff. I found that Gaia was a good strong, pretty but still flawed character. She was special without being annoying. It's just that once the author stopped looking over the shoulder of the ghost writer. Things went down the drain pretty fast.

Last note. The series may
Susan
3.5 would be more accurate. The story continue. This was weaker than Fearless, but I do look forward the Run. Easy and quick read.
V
Reading this reminded me of how much I dislike Sam's character. (Coincidentally, this is the first book I owned from this series.)
Katie
Gaia became obsessive in this book and it sort-of drove me crazy, but still a good book! Continuing on to the next one.
Sunshine
Jun 20, 2015 Sunshine marked it as to-read
Recommended to Sunshine by: Cheryl Z
Shelves: young-adult
Erotica 2015 ANNIVERSARY Event
Tarifa Versteeg
actual rating: 3,5 out of 5
Merary
Just because I want to do something different I'm going to write the reviews in a Friends episode format. Enjoy!

The One With Gaia's Sexual Frustrations

Gaia is tired of always being in grave danger. And she is also tired of always being a virgin. And she knows exactly with whom she wants to do it . . . Sam Moon, Heather's boyfriend. But Ed wants to have sex with Gaia, and Heather wants to sleep with Sam before Gaia gets to do it first? Who will sleep with who?

Danger, Sex . . . Action!!
Miz
Good fast read. I would like about 5 of these books to make up one book so I don't have to keep buying the hard copies! Demolished it in an evening.
Heather
Great second book in the Fearless series. Gaia Moore has trouble following her and she also seems to run right into it as well. The air of mystery has increased in the novel which makes it easier to continue with the series to see what happens next to Gaia, will she find her father?, will she figure out who is out to get her?, will she be killed?, will she find her true love and will he confess to her?. So many questions
Sara Whear
Accidentally read this book as it was shoved into the same binding as the first and third of this superfluously long and arduous series.
Katrina Knittle
I love when book series seem to get better with every book read and that is just what this serie's seems to do. I will say one thing I really didn't like about this book was that it didn't seem to really get into the plot until the end of the book. Even with that it still takes you on an adventure.
Erin
I really dont like these books all that much. I mean they are not bad, just not my cup of tea. They go back and forth between almost 5 different peoples point of views. A easy read, just thought it was a little over the top and boring that the whole book pretty much was over the main character Gaia wanting to have sex for the 1st time.
Mary
i really loved this book. The main characters of this book are sam, gaia,and heather. Gaia is really in love with sam and sam on the other hand also has feelings for her also but he is dating heather. Heather and sam have conflicts all the time and ends up that they can't stand each other. But why is sam and heather still together?
  • Haunted (Fingerprints, #2)
  • Violet Eyes (Violet Eyes, #1)
  • Love and Other Things I'm Bad At (Courtney Von Dragen Smith, #3)
  • The Book of the Shadow (Samurai Girl, #2)
  • The Girl with a Baby
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: True Love: 101 Heartwarming and Humorous Stories about Dating, Romance, Love, and Marriage
  • Rush
  • Night Games (Fear Street #40)
  • Get a Life (Clearwater Crossing, #1)
  • To Hawaii, with Love (Spy Goddess, #2)
  • Mexico (Notes from a Spinning Planet, #3)
  • The Wishing Stone (Spooksville, #9)
Francine Pascal (May 13, 1938— ) is an American author best known for creating the Sweet Valley series of novels. In 1982 she created the characters and the stories for the first six books and her agent, Amy Berkower of Writers House sold them to Bantam Books. Book number one is mostly written by Ms. Pascal. From then on she wrote the stories for every book ever published in the series. After the ...more
More about Francine Pascal...

Fearless (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Fearless (Fearless, #1)
  • Run (Fearless, #3)
  • Heat (Fearless, #8)
  • Blood (Fearless, #9)
  • Liar (Fearless, #10)
  • Trust (Fearless, #11)
Best Friends (Sweet Valley Twins, #1) Double Love (Sweet Valley High, #1) Fearless (Fearless, #1) Sweet Valley Confidential: Ten Years Later Secrets (Sweet Valley High, #2)

“The people with the most fear have the greatest opportunity to be brave.” 16 likes
“Ella was vapid and worthless at least nine-tenths of the time, but when she got really mad, her face became sharp and purposeful. Almost vicious. Like if Barbie were suddenly possessed by Atilla the Hun.” 10 likes