Start by marking “The Five Masks of Dr. Screem (Goosebumps Horrorland: Hall of Horrors, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Five Masks of Dr. Screem (Goosebumps Horrorland: Hall of Horrors, #3)

The Five Masks of Dr. Screem (Goosebumps: Hall Of Horrors #3)

Welcome to the Hall of Horrors, HorrorLand's Hall of Fame for the truly terrifying.

It's Halloween and Monica Anderson is out Trick-or-Treating with her younger brother. They knock on the door of an old, creepy house and are met by a strange wo
Published July 1st 2011 by Scholastic, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Five Masks of Dr. Screem, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Josiah
Oct 06, 2015 Josiah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
For a writer of series that primarily appeal to boy readers, R.L. Stine has never been afraid to tell his stories from the viewpoint of a girl. Some authors of middle-grade horror might hesitate to use a female lead, fearful of their male readership losing interest, but R.L. Stine has done so many times and always to just as resounding of success as his novels with boy main characters. In the tradition of Carly Beth Caldwell and her terrifying encounters with haunted masks on Halloween, it's no ...more
Zac
Nov 17, 2015 Zac rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-w-the-kids
Our six year old has been reading voraciously and we've trying to encourage that as much as possible, trying to be flexible with the material. She's been trying to find 'creepy' books more and more and so we reluctantly started dipping our toe into Goosebumps. This was the first I read with her and she enjoyed it immensely and I was surprised to enjoy it myself. It had some depth, some decent structure and narration and was entertaining without being overly scary for her. We'll definitely read m ...more
Deric.b
Oct 21, 2013 Deric.b rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can Peter and Monica save the world from... THE 5 MASKS OF DR.SCREEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robert
Dec 06, 2016 Robert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Robert Sage
12/2/16
Goodreads review
If you like reading about mysteries, thrillers and adventures then you will love this book. Peter and his sister Monica are out trick or treating like any normal kid would do on Halloween night. As they are about to start heading home Peter decides to go to one more house. This one last house will change Peter and Monica's destiny. There are settings like thick woods, ancient Egypt, snowy mountains and a cemetery. My favorite quote is “Normally Im not a fraidy
Victoria Zigler
Oct 28, 2016 Victoria Zigler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is another well-written story, which is weird and kinda creepy, and makes a great addition to any Goosebumps book collection.
Araceli
Sep 21, 2016 Araceli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dear readers,
YOU SHOULD READ THIS BOOK!!!! Its really awesome. If you like reading books on Halloween night, THIS is a perfect book for you! Also, it has a lot of details! It was extremely full of interests. This books was really powerful you guys. If I were you, I would definitely, choose this book. (Aka, I love R.L.Stine). Please get this book.
Jerry P
Mar 20, 2012 Jerry P rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Monica thinks Peter is her biggest problem.But she is wrong.After knocking on the door of an old creepy house the kids are met by a strange woman begging for their help.The Evil Dr. Screem is after 5 horrible ancient masks.These masks have the power to manipulate the world around them. Monica and Peter don't want to help but they must because that's the only way they can get their parents back.
unfortunately they don't know what they just got into.

The two characters I will pick are Bella and Scr
Jose Ramirez
Mar 17, 2015 Jose Ramirez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think that Goosebumps Hall Of Horrors The Five Mask Of Dr. Scream is a very good book because it has horror you can feel.There was a girl named Monica she had a story its about Five Mask she said it was a bad day for her and her brother.The story begins on a Halloween night Monica and her brother planned on going trick-or-treating with Monica's friends then her brother Karate chopped her friends and they left.Then Her brother said he wants to do one last block and Monica said,"I don't like thi ...more
Weathervane
The Goosebumps books that demonstrate the greatest narrative strength are those that take a normal adolescent life, then toss in a strange occurrence that affects how the characters interact with each other. The rest follows naturally, and is naturally entertaining. For example, How I Learned to Fly and Be Careful What You Wish For... come to mind.

The Five Masks of Dr. Screem does not follow this formula. Instead, its plot serves as an excuse to set up a series of "scary" scenes that are mostly
Lidojack
This was really confusing story because the main characters were going trick-or-treating around the neighborhood and then all of a sudden, they end up in a crazy person's home and they started an adventure of mask collecting and everything was mixed up. They were confused with the words of 2 "villains" and they did not know what would happen if they did not do what they needed to do. I also thought that this was a very creepy book because of one of the "masks" that were used in the story. It was ...more
Mirandia Berthold
Geekling picked this book as our first Goosebumps book for me to read aloud. He has read a few others to himself and loves them which makes me happy since they were a favorite of mine at his age as well.
This is one I had not ever read. I guess as an adult I did find it slightly predictable but I still found it enjoyable. I am glad to see that no matter the age Mr. Stine has managed to figure out away to captivate all audiences!!!
Kamren
May 04, 2016 Kamren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has 183 pages in it. If you like horror books you mite like this one. The book is by R.L. Stine and the name of the book is goosebumps hall of horrors the five masks of Dr. Screem. I like the wolf mask the most and it is pretty cool. I like the first part of the book I really like it a lot. I also like most of the craters they have pretty good text. You mite like this book I think it is good so mite you.
Koen Schmidt
Sep 11, 2015 Koen Schmidt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought that this book was action packed from beginning to end. Dr. Screem kept throwing unstoppable obstacles at Monica and Peter. Monica and Peter were frightened due to all of the unusual events happening on halloween night. Reading this book made it difficult for me to fall asleep at night. Overall anyone who enjoys action with horror I'd recommend this book.
Katherine
Monica and her brother are out trick-or-treating when they run into Bella, a woman who has their names already written in a decades-old book. She tells them that the evil Dr. Screem will steal five haunted masks, and indeed he does. In order to save their world, the children must chase after Screem. But, when they put on each mask, it transports them to fantastic (and dangerous) locales.

Nayelli Villamil
This was a very good book! I loved reading it and it gave me thrills and chills down my spine. I could just see the exact situation the characters were in! It was an awesome book! I recommend it to R.L. Stine fans and people who love horror stories.
Sean McBride
In an effort to bring back the love of Halloween from my childhood I decided to read the goosebumps series as the teen books before I go to bed. They are a little more hokey than I remember, but it did make me feel a little more in tune with the 1985 me...
Stacy Simpson
This book was ok and it finally had the old twist that I loved from his fear street sagas. Good Halloween take for sure.
Eduardo
Eduardo rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2013
Julie Trullinger
Julie Trullinger rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2014
Sam Carpenter
Sam Carpenter rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Jordan Goodwin
Jordan Goodwin rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2013
Tanmay
Tanmay rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2016
Francis Chai
Francis Chai rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2016
Md Almamoon
Md Almamoon rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2015
Pradyum
Pradyum rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2016
Wolverinefactor
Wolverinefactor rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2011
Dean Kutzler
Dean Kutzler rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2015
kenyon robson
kenyon robson rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2014
Yashesvi.raina
Yashesvi.raina rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2012
Linda
Aug 15, 2011 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It had a very good story line.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Zac Power Ultimate Mission
  • The Battle Begins (Underworlds, #1)
  • Trouble at the Arcade (The Hardy Boys: Secret Files, #1)
  • Gustav Gloom and the Four Terrors (Gustav Gloom, #3)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog Archives: Volume 1 (Sonic the Hedgehog Archives, #1)
  • Paul Jennings' Spookiest Stories
  • The Magic School Bus Meets The Rot Squad: A Book About Decomposition
  • Wolf Stalker (Mysteries in Our National Parks, #1)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Adventure of Sinbad: Prototype
  • Ninjago, Vol. 5: Kingdom of the Snakes
  • Super Burp! (George Brown, Class Clown, #1)
  • Pencil Of Doom! (Schooling Around!)
  • Roberto & Me (A Baseball Card Adventure, #9)
  • Geronimo Stilton The Journey Through Time (Dinosaur Disaster)
  • Loch (revised cover)
  • Crimson Spell Bd. 4
  • Under the Mountain

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps: Hall Of Horrors (6 books)
  • Claws! (Goosebumps: Hall Of Horrors, #1)
  • Night of the Giant Everything (Goosebumps: Hall Of Horrors, #2)
  • Why I Quit Zombie School (Goosebumps: Hall of Horrors, #4)
  • Don't Scream! (Goosebumps: Hall of Horrors, #5)
  • The Birthday Party of No Return! (Goosebumps: Hall of Horrors, #6)