Start by marking “The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 1

The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 1 (The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories #1)

4.08  ·  Rating Details ·  4,536 Ratings  ·  512 Reviews
From hitRECord, the immensely popular open collaborative production company, and its founder, Golden Globe-nominated actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt, comes The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories: Volume 1.

The universe is not made of atoms; it's made of tiny stories.

Published December 6th 2011 by It Books

Raeleen Lemay
Dec 15, 2011 Raeleen Lemay rated it really liked it
I basically read this through NOT an audio book, but a video book, thanks to Jeffrey!

Lauren RM
Dec 07, 2011 Lauren RM rated it really liked it
Page-length stories that range from endearing to clever to heart-wrenching, all collaborations. I'm just a little bit in love.

I pre ordered it. I got it in the mail. I opened it. I read it instead of eating lunch. Then I tore up the box and stuffed the cardboard pieces into business reply envelopes from credit card offers so the companies have to give more money to the postal service. I'm excited about every step in this process!

Marnie
Jan 09, 2015 Marnie rated it really liked it
I love this. So much.
Jenn
Jan 24, 2012 Jenn rated it liked it
This is a fairly twee and in many ways adorable book produced by Joseph Gordon-Levitt's hitRECord open-collaborative creative arts company. The book's cover boasts that it features "67 contributors from the 8,569 contributions on the Tiny Stories collaboration on hitRECord.org." Contributions are both very, very tiny stories (never more than two sentences) and black-and-white hand drawings. The concept itself is to take online submissions, under online user names like wirrow (the main architect) ...more
Jasmine
Dec 30, 2011 Jasmine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: n-a
Okay I just read this book in 20 minutes, and I read it fully. it's micro stories and it deserves 5 stars.

1. the stories are freaking amazing, 2. the illustrations are freaking amazing, 3. you should read it, before or after you read mark hodder I'm not particular given it's shortness.

I was going to do this review like my other micro stories review but when I started marking stories I was marking every page so I was like "that's no good" so I was going to open to a random page and give you tha
Lisa
Oct 28, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing
“The universe is not made up of atoms; it’s made up of tiny stories.”

It’s a great beginning to a very tiny book. The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories: Volume 1 by hitRECord and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Actually, the great beginning was the end paper. It’s full of tiny drawings and all the detail and work that went into it are just amazing.

Then, there are the stories — they are truly tiny. Maybe a sentence or two, with a drawing to go with them. They are sad and funny and wonderful.

My favorite, which I have
Sarah Al Qassimi
Jul 28, 2015 Sarah Al Qassimi rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
A tiny review fit for this tiny book: endearing.
Man
Aug 03, 2012 Man rated it liked it
I had very high expectations on this book, not because of the name printed on the front (Joseph Gordon-Levitt that is), but because I love the plain idea of a collaborate book consisting of works by different people. I genuinely believe this idea is a good way of sharing art, because it shows that the range of imagination is so vast. And the first sentence is just fantastic: "The universe is not made of atoms; it's made of tiny stories.

Although I didn't read the psysical book I did watch the rea
Sonja - Badass Wanderer
Aug 29, 2015 Sonja - Badass Wanderer rated it really liked it
If I read our story backwards,
it's about how I un-broke
your heart, and then we were
happy until one day, you
forgot about me forever.
The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Volume 1 is a wonderful little collection of stories. The tiny stories look beautiful alongside the imaginative and original illustrations.My favourite Tiny Story is above, and my second favourite is here:
His hands were weak and shaking
from carrying far too many
books from the bookshop.

It was the best feeling.
I didn't read this tiny
Ti
Jan 05, 2012 Ti rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-sent-to-me
The Short of It:

A short, snappy little book filled with creativity.

The Rest of It:

When I first heard about this little gem, I knew I had to read it for myself. HitRECord, founded by Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun, Inception, 10 Things I Hate About You) reviewed contributions from thousands of writers and artists to create this collection. The stories are only one or two pages long. Some are humorous, some of thought-provoking but the real challenge here is telling a story in just on
Sophie Pendragon
I was initially drawn to this book by the cover and its small, compact size (and, let's be honest, by Joseph Gordon-Levitt's name on the cover).

This book is a collection of SHORT stories (each story is only a line or two) paired with a variety of beautiful illustrations (Joseph Gordon-Levitt has not written any of these stories, rather he is the director of the project. More information about the project can surely be found at hitrecord.org).

The wonder of this collection is that each story fee
Camilla
Oct 11, 2013 Camilla rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. // So simple, yet so beautiful!
Megan
"The universe is not made of atoms; it’s made of tiny stories.

To create The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories: Volume 1, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, known within the hitRECord community as RegularJOE—directed thousands of collaborators to tell tiny stories through words and art. With the help of the entire creative collective, Gordon-Levitt culled, edited and curated over 8,500 contributions into this finely tuned collection of original art from 67 contributors. Reminiscent of the 6-Word Memoir series, The Ti
Jenny
Jan 22, 2012 Jenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: other
I'll admit up front that part of the reason I wanted to review this is because it was associated with Joseph Gordon-Levitt who I love as an actor. But, also, the book sounded so unique. This book is essentially a compilation of the contributions to Gordon-Levitt's production company hitRECord where artists of all types tell tiny, but impactful, stories utilizing a combination of words and art.

The book is actually tiny and adorable. I read it as soon as it came in the mail, and it took me about 5
Lauren
May 26, 2016 Lauren rated it really liked it
An exquisite book and a beautiful read!

The tiny book of tiny stories comprises over 60 stories (which are mainly a couple of lines long, mottos and various other sayings) which range from the silly (see tea party sketch), the bittersweet (see orange and egg), the human condition (just before I died) and other worlds (one night your walls).

This collection is accompanied by some wonderful illustrations which adds another dimension to the printed words.

It's also lovely to see how a famous actor c
aljouharah altheeyb
Apr 28, 2015 aljouharah altheeyb rated it it was amazing
كتيب صغيير بقصص قصيرة جداً ولطيفه!
بعضها ممتع وكوميدي. بعضها يجعلك تقف وتفكر " أوه... أنا أفعل ذلك أيضاً، أوه مهلاً لحظة، الأمر جدي!"
وبعضها يستعطفك بالسرعة التي تنتهي بها سطور القصة القصيرة.
قصة البيضة التي اتخذت من هروب البرتقالة مثالاً محزنه لما تستوعبها.
بينما قصة "الصدفة" و "القدر" وعلاقة حبهما تخليك تضيع من الصراخ والمشاعر الفاقيرليه خخخخ. أبي مسلسل يتضمنهم، ويت لازم أكلم شلة العجز كلامب متأكده بياخذون منها إلهام عظيم لسلستهم القادمه *ــ*
Olivia S.
Jun 16, 2013 Olivia S. rated it it was amazing
Its obviously a quick read, and I finished it in maybe ten minutes max, but it was a ten minutes well spent. These stories really are tiny, anywhere from a couple words to a few sentences and that's it. However to me at least, this tiny little book packed a punch. Some of the stories were sad, some laugh out loud funny, others hopeful; this book includes them all.
Mia  Bakhthiar
Adorable and poetic and quirky. I love it!
Asma
Jan 14, 2017 Asma rated it it was amazing
I bought this as a gift for a few of my friends: birthdays or as a token to cheer them up, and they've raved about it so much that I had to get a copy of it myself. And gosh, did I love the stories. It's a whole combination of sorrow, happiness, hopefulness, witticism , comedy and more-- all the human thoughts and emotions woven together in a string of words and art.

If you love illustrations and and small sentences that pack an emotional punch, this is the book for you. It's a must.
Elizabeth
Jan 06, 2012 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
If you enjoy storytelling and collaborative artforms, THE TINY BOOK OF TINY STORIES volume 1 is a treasure waiting to be discovered.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt (yes, the actor) is the director of hitRECord, an "open-collaborative production company," which encourages anyone to contribute "records" (creative content) that others can use in collaborative projects, some of which get produced and sold. They split profits 50/50 with contributors, and use their cut to finance more projects.

Their latest produ
Angelc
Jan 23, 2012 Angelc rated it it was amazing
This tiny little book is so original and refreshing. I gobbled it down in one sitting, and I simply adored all of the thought provoking tiny stories and beautiful, quirky illustrations.

The most interesting part about the tiny stories is that you can really make up the rest of the story yourself. They all definitely have a beginning, middle, and end, but the rest of the story is up for interpretation. It really makes every one's experience of reading the stories different.

It may not take long to
Nikhat Hetavkar
Jul 01, 2013 Nikhat Hetavkar rated it really liked it
Recommended to Nikhat by: Shreya
Shelves: favorites, cover-lust
I must start off by explaining that I adore JGL way too much for my own good. And thus may be absolutely biased in shooting off all the praise that I am about too.

The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories is a collection of short illustrations depicting poignant, witty and endearing stories, sent in by people all over the world. It would take you hardly half an hour to read the book for the first time, but I feel it is a book one must keep coming back to, especially if you're reading it to a child.

A quick
Saddam Bouchaib
Jul 20, 2015 Saddam Bouchaib rated it it was ok
I read it through a video book, yes a video not audio , thanks to Jeffrey!
i liked it but i think the second volume was much better.

Here are my Favorite Quotes :

-If I read our story backwards,
it's about how I un-broke your heart, and then we were
happy until one day, you forgot about me forever.

-''The doctor's wife ate two apples a day,just to be safe.
But her husband kept coming home.''

-His hands were weak and shaking from carrying far too many books from the bookshop. It was the best feeling.

-"
Tamara
May 01, 2012 Tamara rated it really liked it
Recommended to Tamara by: Rebecca
A hand-to-heart, breathless sigh kind of book.

I should start a "simple is best" bookshelf. (Nevermind, I just did.)

This is one where the pictures can't live without the text and the text can't live without the pictures because they make each other better.

Nonetheless, here are my Favorite Quotes...

In winter, when the leaves
have gone, the owls swoop in
to keep the trees warm.

If I read our story backwards,
it's about how I un-broke
your heart, and the we were
happy until one day, you
forgot about
Shreya
May 07, 2013 Shreya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wirrow
"The universe is not made of atoms; it's made of tiny stories."
This is the kind of book you would like to read during a rainy day,with a cup of tea by your side and an open mind ready to take in all the imagination possible. It is the book that you would read as your bedtime story.
Written by Joseph Gordon-Levitt and one of my favourite artist Wirrow,it teaches you that a story does not need to be long,to have hidden meanings to it.Definitely worth reading!
fennie
Dec 29, 2011 fennie rated it really liked it
this collection of tiny stories with accompanying illustrations is the perfect little book. there's a feel-good quality to it and it's not just entertaining, it's clever and thought-provoking. one story may bring a smile to your face, while another might bring a smirk, still others make you reread what you've just read.

kudos to joseph gordon-levitt. he's the reason i bothered to buy this book and now i'm an even bigger fan.

my only gripe? too few pages!
Eyehavenofilter
Apr 09, 2013 Eyehavenofilter rated it it was amazing
Shelves: laugh-out-loud
Amazing funny, insightful, clever, side splitting, short quips, stories if you will, by JGL. Some of them are down right genius. There are some amazing line drawings that are brilliant, especially the self portrait that is dead on! If you want to read something thought provoking and really, really funny and sweet, this is just the little book for you.
You' ll be saying to your self" WHY THE HELL DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?" snickering to yourself.
Carmen
Jun 11, 2016 Carmen rated it it was amazing
"the world is not made of atoms, it is made of tiny stories"
A couple of days ago I didn't know about this little wonder, and now I'm totally in love with it. We are made of stories. That's the truth. And stories don't need to be a certain length to touch you. These will forever be on a little corner in my heart, never silent. Possibly the most adorable book (tiny, or not) ever.
Joaquin Garza
Apr 05, 2014 Joaquin Garza rated it it was amazing
Qué tramposo me siento de marcar esto en Goodreads, pero un libro es un libro. Aun si es uno de microcuentos que uno se echa en cinco minutos. Encantador, intimista, estrafalario, sincero, hipsterísimo (de esos libros que venden en Urban Outfitters) pero profundamente humano al final. Como para tenerlo en el buró y releerlo seguido.
Daphne
Dec 26, 2014 Daphne rated it it was amazing
I may have only read this because it was edited by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, but I'm so glad I did! It was so cute and funny, and the illustrations were absolutely adorable. I can't wait to read volume 2!
  • Missed Connections: Love, Lost & Found
  • Love Looks Not with the Eyes: Thirteen Years with Lee Alexander McQueen
  • Chimerascope
  • Racing Hummingbirds
  • Tree of Codes
  • The Fall of Fergal: The First Unlikely Exploit (Unlikely Exploits, #1)
  • The Mis-adventures of a Teenage Mark
  • mental_floss: The Book: The Greatest Lists in the History of Listory
  • The Tooth
  • Heart and Soul: The Story of America and African Americans
  • You Drive Me Crazy: Love Poems for Real Life
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is an American actor whose career as both a child and adult has included television series and theatrical films.

He is known for his roles in the 2009 indie (500) Days of Summer (for which he earned a Golden Globe nomination), a supporting role in the 2010 science fiction film Inception, and for starring in the 2011 drama 50/50. Beginning in commercials as a young child, he mad
More about Joseph Gordon-Levitt...

The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories (4 books)
  • The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 2
  • The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 3
  • The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories - 2010

“His hands were weak and shaking from carrying far too many books from the bookshop. It was the best feeling.” 311 likes
“The Sun is such a lonely star. Whenever he comes out to see his friends, they all disappear.” 263 likes