Start by marking “Love Potions” as Want to Read:
Love Potions

Love Potions

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  274 ratings  ·  24 reviews
When aromatherapist Sukie starts using her cottage garden to provide raw ingredients for her products, she thinks she's hit on a good way of saving money while offering her clients a way of de-stressing and relaxation. However, Sukie discovers that her new improved lotions and potions are making her massages distinctly magical.
Published October 1st 2006 by Piatkus Books (first published August 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Love Potions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Potions

Susan
This is my first Christina Jones book, and it has left me wondering what took me so long! Love Potions is a truly delightful story and a wonderful read.

Christina Jones tranports her readers into the lives of several larger than life characters in the deceptively sleepy village of Bagley-cum-Russet. Before you realise it's even happened you care about what happens to everyone of these characters. The tone of this story from start to finish is warm and funny. Actually, that's an understatement, be
Juliane
It was kind of boring. The idea of the story is great and it could have been so much better.
For this ~300 pages it's too less story. Derry, the male "protagonist", was nearly not there. From time to time with a few scenes he was there but mainly he was not. I couldn't really believe that they raelly have fallen in love.
All in all: Could have been worse & better.
Patricia
Sommernachtszauber- Christina Jones

Erschienen: 2008
Verlag: Goldmann
Seiten: 378
Preis: 7,95 Euro

Klappentext
Komisch, turbulent und zauberhaft romantisch – das ganz normale Chaos der Liebe

Als Sukie Ambrose einen nackten Mann in ihrem Bett vorfindet, ist sie ein wenig irritiert. Wurden ihre heimlichen Wünsche endlich erhört? Leider stellt sich heraus, dass Derry ein Mitbringsel ihrer attraktiven Mitbewohnerin ist und eigentlich für sie tabu. Aber seit Sukie Duftöle mischt und verkauft, geschehen merk
Chanpreet
Who knew love with a little magic could be so sweet? Christina Jones's book is another in her series about mad villages where magic is possible. In Love Potions, Sukie, an aroma therapist who was mentioned in the previous book, Seeing Stars, is the main heroine of the story. She comes across a naked man in her bad upon her return from an aromatherapy convention. Come morning, she finds out this hunk of a man belongs to Milla, her glamorous room mate, therefore making him unavailable to her.

When
Alida arabelle
Really good. So warm and lovely. No more lonely souls. Oh I want the camomile and jasmine potion..distressed. to think that derry used a potion on her was so sweet. Cheers to u christina jones. I'll be reading more of u..
Silvia Le Fey
While I quite enjoyed the reading experience in that it was very light and therefore summery despite the autumnal setting, I can't give it more than 2 stars. The plot was extremely predictable and the characters did not seem very real to me. Also, it was a bit on the soppy side at times, even for chick lit. I did like all the descriptions of village life and Cora's garden, though, and do not regret picking this up. It was, well, OK - which is what 2 stars are for me - enjoyable, yet lacking in s ...more
Priscilla
I have enjoyed reading quite a few of Christina Jones books, with her quirky characters set in Fiddlesticks. For some reason though it took me a long time to get into this one. I tried reading it back in 2012, and put it down! Tried again this year and finished it. It is pleasant and along the same lines as her others but it just didnt have the same spark! I will read more by this author though, as they are always an enjoyable read.
Judy Jarvie
This was a merry, frothy read with a nice warm ending and a punch the air moment for downtrodden housewife Joss (much deserved).
I enjoyed the main character Sukie and Derry K was gorgeous ... but ... and it's an honest but. I'd honestly have liked to have a bit more on Derry on the page. But I certainly couldn't complain with a full cast of madcap supporting characters it's a jam packed cosy read.
Amy
Oct 04, 2011 Amy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants a fun quick read.
Recommended to Amy by: Sue
Chick lit isn't usually my thing. However this was recommended to me by a friend so I decided to give it a go. It was adorable! I throughly enjoyed reading about Sukie and the rest of the gangs antics...

I would consider reading more by Christina Jones, and I think I will look out for more of her books at charity shops and such.

Read this if you want a bit of fluff in between serious reads.
Yun Zhen
hmmm I liked the premise and the story and all. But I felt it was just a bit too messy for my liking, the story wasn't tight enough, maybe because it delved a bit too deeply into the stories of relatively more minor characters. And I guess the writing was passable only while the first ten chapters or so was quite trying to read though. A pretty average book on the whole.
Fluffychick
So I've finally read up this series...a gentle, mildly humourous story with a slightly old-fashioned romantic feel. The character of Sukie was less likable at first than some of the others I've read and she is a little wishy-washy...her need to go to the awful shack pub didn't make sense other than to fit the plot, but overall I've found these books likable.
Nell Williams
Of course I am going to be biased and say I love this book, so I will! Christina again dreams up the characters you know you want to meet and makes them so real you think you know them. In my case I do.

Of all the books by Christina Jones this one holds a very special place in my heart and just looking at the cover makes me smile.
Lynne
This was the first book I read by this author - some years ago now, and it remains one of my favourites written by her. It captured my imagination because I am interested in aromatherapy myself, and use essential oils...although no where near as much as the heroine in the story! An amusing fun read and generally uplifting story.
Victoria Power
Relatable characters. I love how it ended, and particularly enjoyed Joss stealing Marvin's thunder.
Azra Tabassum
I have just finished this book and like a few of the other sweetly slushy romance books I've read, it's another mediocre read that I enjoyed but wouldn't pick up again.
Debby
Nov 11, 2007 Debby rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: chick lit fans
this book got me right from the start! fairy tale ending. a bit hard to believe but who cares?! and I don't mind waking up with a gorgeous naked guy in my bed. haha.
An enjoyable and relaxing book with a touch of humour.
Mark
Ok, it's not rocket science - but reasonable chic lit which has a few laughs and is an easy read. Increase the rating if you like chic lit :)
Tasneem
Yet another book set in the quaint English countryside around Berkshire. The characters are delightful and the mix of magic and romance well handled.
Nell
An enjoyable read by an accomplished author. It needed much more of Derry on the page however and there was a surfeit of characters.
Heike
Wäre schön, wenn es die Zauber im Buch auch in Echt geben würde...
Adam
A wonderful, romantic romp! Light and deliciously frothy...
Andrea
Aug 12, 2011 Andrea added it
found it pretty hard
Purple
A sweet and light story
Lesley Quinn
Lesley Quinn marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Lynne
Lynne added it
Jun 24, 2015
Katie Davies-gregory
Katie Davies-gregory marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Melissa H
Melissa H marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Tina Denson
Tina Denson marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Elena
Elena marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
  • It Should Have Been Me
  • The Paradise Room
  • Class (Maggie Adair #1)
  • Wedding Tiers
  • Spirit Willing, Flesh Weak
  • Amy's Honeymoon
  • It Had to Be You
  • Just A Family Affair (Honeycote, #3)
  • Last Christmas
  • The Last Of The Great Romantics
  • Changing Grooms
  • Must Be Love (Talyton St George, #2)
  • All You Need is Love
  • The Ballroom Class
  • Two Weddings and a Baby
  • An Autumn Crush
  • Abgrund: Nightmares and Dreamscapes
  • Recipe for Love
I've written all my life, but only became a published novelist in 1997. Before that, I wrote short stories and newspaper articles for pin money while doing a series of naff jobs. In fact I've had twenty seven jobs and been sacked from nineteen of them for writing when I should have been working. I've been, among other things, a shop assistant, waitress, cleaner, secretary, factory worker, market-r ...more
More about Christina Jones...
Heaven Sent Hubble Bubble Seeing Stars Tickled Pink Happy Birthday