Start by marking “Stealing Some Time: Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Stealing Some Time: Volume 1

Stealing Some Time: Volume 1 (Stealing Some Time #1)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Winner of the 2004 Stonewall Society Imagination Literary Award for best gay-themed science fiction. "It is 2479 AD. Technical Sergeant Kallen Deshara and his team have traveled from the 25th century to the 19th. Their mission: to eliminate powerful ion storms caused by the very device that opened the portal to the past. If they don't succeed, their present may cease to ex ...more
Published April 17th 2003 by iUniverse

To ask other readers questions about Stealing Some Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stealing Some Time

John
This was my first gay science fiction novel, and I must admit that it took me a while to get into it, but it was definitely worth it! I enjoyed the author's take on global warming, gay rights, and his take on religion. I really enjoy Mark's novels, and while I did enjoy this science fiction novel, I hope he returns to regular fiction soon. I really enjoyed the world Mark created and it was obvious that he vigorously researched everything to make his world and technology as realistic and fact-bas ...more
Lola
Jun 09, 2011 Lola is currently reading it
too much sex and too much extraneous details that no one cares about...
Jaya
SlashReaders: When I originally started reading Mark Kendrick's work it was back in 2004. I have fond memories of reading this series as well as some of his other books. In fact here are a few of the comments I had in my originally review: I enjoyed reading these for the most part. One of the things I noticed in this series and with his other books as that sometimes when dealing with emotions is rather unbelievable.

But even the magic later is quiet well done and fairly believable. As for the sc
Alex Alden
It's really dry reading. The author just keeps shoving information at you, which makes for a tedious, long, boring read. Especially at the beginning, it really felt like reading a textbook. The prologue is one long info-dump and is definitely not a good hook for the story.

Very boring; won't read further.
Becky Black
I made it to page 99 of this and couldn't muster up enough interest even to make it the round 100. I'm afraid it's just dull. The writing is flat and it could have done with some more proof reading, I spotted a few mistakes. I didn't latch on to any of the characters and want to see how things worked out for them. Not recommended.
Galen Dudec
I love Sci-Fi and especially Sci-Fi with a gay/MM subplot. Unfortunately there are not many of those around in which the science part is creditable and well described, but this is one of them.
I like this Sci-Fi romance and would have given it 5 stars if it hadn't been moving along rather slowly in some parts.
Vol 1 of 2.
George
I devoure books like these, the emotional twists, the last half of the second book is worth trudging through some of the excessive dialogue. Dystopian, alt reality, SF. I was wishing there was more about kallen's later life. But it was handled well.
Charming
I feel like part one and part two ought to have been combined and condensed. The pacing was too slow, especially in part one. Part two brought in the time travel and the story cheered up quite a bit.
Jeremy
Dec 01, 2014 Jeremy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: young homos, scifi fans
Shelves: finished, gay
This book takes place in the future.. not really my deal, but it's pretty good to get through. The ending is a cliffhanger, so I'd recommend getting the sequel at the same time. It's worthwhile.
BhaktiM

I loved it. I can't give it five stars because I know it's not great fiction, it's like the salad at the Olive Garden, I like it.
Jasper Chai
Jasper Chai marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Yblees
Yblees marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Liki
Liki added it
Oct 09, 2014
Courtney Alston
Courtney Alston marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Zarmeen Rashad
Zarmeen Rashad marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Alarik
Alarik marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Nienke
Nienke marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Dayrel
Dayrel added it
Apr 28, 2014
Jamilla Geter
Jamilla Geter is currently reading it
Apr 18, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
(Mark Ian Kendrick)

I wish I could say I come from a long line of creative types, that creative endeavors were encouraged, that creativity was a hallmark of my family. Alas, I'm the outcast... and DAMN proud of it.

In fact, I'm the only gay member of my family on both sides for generations. I know. I did our family's genealogy on computer a decade ago just to find the others. No gays. No painters.
More about Mark Kendrick...
Desert Sons (Desert Sons #1) Into This World We're Thrown (Desert Sons #2) Stealing Some Time: Volume 2 Trenekis of Hiera The Rylerran Gateway