Start by marking “Shadows Are About” as Want to Read:
Shadows Are About

Shadows Are About

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Day breaks and lively shadows everywhere dance and play in the light. Paul's poetry and Graham's stunning display of light and shadowy splendor will inspire young readers to take a closer look at the world around them. Full-color.
Published February 1st 1996 by Scholastic (first published May 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Shadows Are About, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadows Are About

Oblongata
The truth about shadows. I enjoyed this one.
Louisa Verma
I thought this was a cute book. It makes one think about all the places shadows are or are not and why. Some children are fascinated with their shadows and this would be an excellent book for them. I cannot seem to get my girls interested in reading it though perhaps they've passed that "window of fascination" with shadows. The illustrations are also wonderful.
Lindsey
This book talks about all the places that shadows show up at and how shadows seem to become alive and move. The illustrations of the children are so lifelike and I like how the story flowed by rhyming. I had a lot of memories pop of while I was reading this.

I could use this book to activate schema.
Kim Foy
This book included beautiful illustrations of all the places that we see shadows. The book that I read had post-it notes throughout from where the previous reader had written what each shadow reminded him of - which gave me an idea of a lesson to use with this book.
Tara
This book would be great for a kindergarten class. It was very descriptive with lovely pictures in it. I found myself with lots of "que" questions I could have asked the students, had I been reading aloud.
Nick Cherry
I liked this book. What kid isn't curious about what a shadow is. This is an interesting story that kids would enjoy.
Rachel
Lovely illustrations, a simple story about a simple concept.
Sherry
Sherry added it
Aug 04, 2013
Jane
Jane added it
Dec 28, 2010
ANN WHITFORD PAUL, author of 'TWAS THE LATE NIGHT OF CHRISTMAS has always been crazy for Christmas, but overwhelmed by it, too. Afterwards she is worn-out and dreams that someone like Mrs. Saint Nick could help her out with the resulting chaos and mess.

Ann graduated from the University of Wisconsin and Columbia University School of Social Work. She became inspired to write picture books after yea
More about Ann Whitford Paul...
Manana, Iguana Writing Picture Books: A Hands-On Guide from Story Creation to Publication Tortuga in Trouble Fiesta Fiasco Word Builder