Start by marking “Darkest Knight (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #5)” as Want to Read:
Darkest Knight (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #5)

Darkest Knight (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights #5)

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  1,664 ratings  ·  19 reviews
The Dark Jedi student Zekk has been given his rite of passage--lead a raid on the Wookiee computer center on Kashyyyk. Finally he will fulfill his awesome potential and become the second Imperium's darkest knight. But first he must face his old friends Jacen and Jaina once and for all.
Published (first published June 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Darkest Knight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darkest Knight

Hailey
Jaina/Zekk angst much?
Elysia
The double whammy of Anime Expo and Comic Con had a big impact on my reading habits—I didn't really read much at all for a good three weeks. It wasn't until nearly five days after Comic Con ended that I managed to find my way back to my Goodreads page, where I discovered that I was BEHIND on my 2013 Reading Challenge. This kicked off a reading frenzy/search for books less epic than I had previously been reading and thus, I returned to Young Jedi Knights.

Over the course of my attempt to re-read t
Vincent Ribaya
Oct 04, 2012 Vincent Ribaya rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young and hard-core Star Wars fans
Shelves: fiction
What I've always found cool with Star Wars is its awareness of its fans. The Star Wars Expanded Universe, for the longest time, has been loaded with print and digital media that caters to fans of all ages and backgrounds.

Darkest Knight, from the Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights book series, is a good example of how the Star Wars franchise can cater to its teen readers. More of a science-fantasy adventure tale rather the usual science-fiction fantasy epic genre of the movies, the novel, though short
Shaun
A pretty good read. We get to see the Wookie homeworld of Kashyyyk and meet Lowie's family. The Shadow Academy is still prepping for war against the light side and they want to steel computer systems from Kashyyyk. The theme of belonging and finding one's place is still prevalent as seen in Sirrakuk. The young Jedi Knights have some tough decisions ahead of themselves especially with Zekk. A definite read for fans of the Young Jedi Knights series.
Ari
I read this whole series several times when I was a kid. These were a lot of fun and easy to read. They really helped me along my way to enjoy reading and becoming obessed with Star Wars. We meet alot of charaters that became close frinds to the reader. I feel Anderson was able to identify what a young adult would be lookig for in characters and hit it bullseye. Kudos for a great series.
Travis Nacke
Great book! I loved the action. Felt like traditional Star Wars!
John Cress
I've always been partial to wookies which leads to the appeal of this one which takes place on a planet of wookies. Wookies are the center of much attention and wookie customs are discussed. We meet new wookies and also spend time with previously known wookies. Did I mention that I like wookies?
Wealhtheow
The Jedi trainees go to Kashyyyk, where they hope to help Lowbacca's younger sister complete a dangerous rite of passage. I liked the insight into the Wookie culture, and it helped differentiate Lowbacca for me, who I'd previously passed over.
Jessica
I'm totally in love with the Young Jedi Knights books. They're so silly, but they were a big part of my childhood, from about age 10-13. I wanted to be Jaina Solo so badly. XD
Kristina
A lot to do about the Wookie home world. We learn more about Lowbacca's family, which is cool. Then the Shadow Academy, Zekk in particular comes along to cause trouble.
Amanda
This one was just as good as the others, but a little harder for me personally to get into. But everyone else said they liked this one the best.
Meadow
Another great adventure with the Solo twins.
This book is a great read for pre-teens through teens.
Stephen
Book 5 in the Young Jedi Knights Series, where we see a showdown between Zekk and the twins.
The Third Place A Teen Library
F AND yjk bk. 5

Based on Star Wars

Science Fiction
Nicolas
I got Wookie-fatigue really fast with this one.
Esperance
I cant put these down, well any book I read!
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Shianne
Shianne marked it as to-read
Dan
Dan added it
May 30, 2015
Lili
Lili marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Zack Reagin
Zack Reagin marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
  • The Golden Globe (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #1)
  • Kenobi's Blade (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #6)
  • The Shattered Peace (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #10)
  • The Lost City of the Jedi (Star Wars: Jedi Prince, #2)
  • Crossfire (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #2)
  • The Swarm War (Star Wars: Dark Nest, #3)
  • Showdown at Centerpoint (Star Wars: The Corellian Trilogy, #3)
Pseudonyms: Gabriel Mesta, K.J. Anderson

He has written spin-off novels for Star Wars, StarCraft, Titan A.E., and The X-Files, and is the co-author of the Dune prequels. His original works include the Saga of Seven Suns series and the Nebula Award-nominated Assemblers of Infinity. He has also written several comic books including the Dark Horse Star Wars collection Tales of the Jedi written in coll
More about Kevin J. Anderson...

Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Heirs of the Force (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #1)
  • Shadow Academy (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #2)
  • The Lost Ones (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #3)
  • Lightsabers (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #4)
  • Jedi Under Siege (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #6)
  • Shards of Alderaan (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #7)
  • Diversity Alliance (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #8)
  • Delusions of Grandeur (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #9)
  • Jedi Bounty (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #10)
  • The Emperor's Plague (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #11)
Jedi Search (Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Trilogy, #1) Dark Apprentice (Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Trilogy, #2) Champions of the Force (Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Trilogy, #3) Blood Lite (Hellchaser, #0.5) Darksaber (Star Wars)