Start by marking “Darkest Knight (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #5)” as Want to Read:
Darkest Knight (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #5)

Darkest Knight (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights #5)

3.57  ·  Rating Details ·  1,965 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
The Dark Jedi student Zekk has been given his rite of passage--lead a raid on the Wookiee computer center on Kashyyyk. Finally he will fulfill his awesome potential and become the second Imperium's darkest knight. But first he must face his old friends Jacen and Jaina once and for all.
Published (first published June 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Darkest Knight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darkest Knight

Jess Neuner
We're already very familiar with Jacen and Jaina's family, and we've met Tenel Ka's family in Lightsabers, so now it's Lowbacca's turn. His sister is about to undergo a rather dangerous rite of passage and he's worried that she'll try to do it alone and get herself killed. So, our group of friends take their purloined Shadow Academy shuttle to Kashyyyk, the Wookiee homeworld, where we meet Lowie's family. Well, the rest of his family - we already knew his uncle, the famous Chewbacca.

Naturally,
Jamie
Dec 13, 2010 Jamie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bases on the description I had expected more of a confrontation. Not really- there is one but only a brief one.
Still I loved this book. We get to learn a lot more of Lowbacca (FINALLY) and his homeplanet. This was the first S.W. book I read that describes Kashyyk. There is a new fiend in this one. One I thought long dead. Watching Tamith Kai and Zekk together is quite interesting.I liked the light romantic hints and undertones in this one. Not in the traditional sense but in how these character
Hailey
Sep 21, 2007 Hailey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jaina/Zekk angst much?
Amy
Mar 20, 2017 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, star-wars
In the 5th Young Jedi Knights book, Lowie is concerned for his sister who is about to undergo a dangerous Wookiee tradition. He, along with his friends Jacen and Jaina Solo, Tenel Ka, and his uncle Chewie head to Kashyyyk, the Wookiee homeworld, so that Lowie can reconnect with his sibling at this critical time. But unbeknownst to them, the Shadow Academy is planning an attack on Kashyyyk. An attack that will be lead by Jacen and Jaina's once friend, Zekk.

I am slowly but steadily making my way t
Darryl Dobbs
The young Jedi go to Kashyyyk to support their Jedi Wookiee friend Lowie and find themselves under attack by a small group of Imperials, and that group includes a Dark Jedi (and their former friend) Zekk. Again simplistic, as young adult novels are wont to be, I found it a little too much so. The bad guys lose (again) and are the only ones to suffer losses (again). I also didn't like how the Imperials throw together a plan to attack the Jedi Temple. The plan? To get your things and attack immed ...more
Josiah
Mar 17, 2017 Josiah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is just great!
Elysia
Jun 23, 2012 Elysia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The double whammy of Anime Expo and Comic Con had a big impact on my reading habits—I didn't really read much at all for a good three weeks. It wasn't until nearly five days after Comic Con ended that I managed to find my way back to my Goodreads page, where I discovered that I was BEHIND on my 2013 Reading Challenge. This kicked off a reading frenzy/search for books less epic than I had previously been reading and thus, I returned to Young Jedi Knights.

Over the course of my attempt to re-read t
Vincent Ribaya
Aug 04, 2012 Vincent Ribaya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young and hard-core Star Wars fans
Shelves: fiction
What I've always found cool with Star Wars is its awareness of its fans. The Star Wars Expanded Universe, for the longest time, has been loaded with print and digital media that caters to fans of all ages and backgrounds.

Darkest Knight, from the Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights book series, is a good example of how the Star Wars franchise can cater to its teen readers. More of a science-fantasy adventure tale rather the usual science-fiction fantasy epic genre of the movies, the novel, though short
Shaun
Feb 10, 2013 Shaun rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A pretty good read. We get to see the Wookie homeworld of Kashyyyk and meet Lowie's family. The Shadow Academy is still prepping for war against the light side and they want to steel computer systems from Kashyyyk. The theme of belonging and finding one's place is still prevalent as seen in Sirrakuk. The young Jedi Knights have some tough decisions ahead of themselves especially with Zekk. A definite read for fans of the Young Jedi Knights series.
Ari
Nov 06, 2008 Ari rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars
I read this whole series several times when I was a kid. These were a lot of fun and easy to read. They really helped me along my way to enjoy reading and becoming obessed with Star Wars. We meet alot of charaters that became close frinds to the reader. I feel Anderson was able to identify what a young adult would be lookig for in characters and hit it bullseye. Kudos for a great series.
John Cress
Apr 15, 2011 John Cress rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've always been partial to wookies which leads to the appeal of this one which takes place on a planet of wookies. Wookies are the center of much attention and wookie customs are discussed. We meet new wookies and also spend time with previously known wookies. Did I mention that I like wookies?
Wealhtheow
Jan 06, 2010 Wealhtheow rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, ya
The Jedi trainees go to Kashyyyk, where they hope to help Lowbacca's younger sister complete a dangerous rite of passage. I liked the insight into the Wookie culture, and it helped differentiate Lowbacca for me, who I'd previously passed over.
Esperance
Jul 28, 2008 Esperance rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cant put these down, well any book I read!
Kristina
A lot to do about the Wookie home world. We learn more about Lowbacca's family, which is cool. Then the Shadow Academy, Zekk in particular comes along to cause trouble.
The Third Place A Teen Library
F AND yjk bk. 5

Based on Star Wars

Science Fiction
Meadow Frisbie
Feb 27, 2008 Meadow Frisbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
Another great adventure with the Solo twins.
This book is a great read for pre-teens through teens.
Jessica
I'm totally in love with the Young Jedi Knights books. They're so silly, but they were a big part of my childhood, from about age 10-13. I wanted to be Jaina Solo so badly. XD
Travis Nacke
Jul 19, 2014 Travis Nacke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book! I loved the action. Felt like traditional Star Wars!
Amanda
Dec 07, 2008 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was just as good as the others, but a little harder for me personally to get into. But everyone else said they liked this one the best.
Toby
Toby rated it it was ok
May 02, 2011
in essence divided
in essence divided rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2017
Vicky
Vicky rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2008
Travis
Travis rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2007
Kris Jorgensen
Kris Jorgensen rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2010
Christi
Christi rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
May 07, 2014
Everett Rice
Everett Rice rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2015
Drew
Drew rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2010
Dave Bernardis
Dave Bernardis rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2011
  • The Golden Globe (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #1)
  • Kenobi's Blade (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #6)
  • The Captive Temple (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #7)
  • Crossfire (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #2)
  • Showdown at Centerpoint (Star Wars: The Corellian Trilogy, #3)
Pseudonyms: Gabriel Mesta, K.J. Anderson

He has written spin-off novels for Star Wars, StarCraft, Titan A.E., and The X-Files, and is the co-author of the Dune prequels. His original works include the Saga of Seven Suns series and the Nebula Award-nominated Assemblers of Infinity. He has also written several comic books including the Dark Horse Star Wars collection Tales of the Jedi written in coll
More about Kevin J. Anderson...

Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Heirs of the Force (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #1)
  • Shadow Academy (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #2)
  • The Lost Ones (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #3)
  • Lightsabers (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #4)
  • Jedi Under Siege (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #6)
  • Shards of Alderaan (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #7)
  • Diversity Alliance (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #8)
  • Delusions of Grandeur (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #9)
  • Jedi Bounty (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #10)
  • The Emperor's Plague (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #11)