Start by marking “Is Yet” as Want to Read:
Is Yet

Is Yet

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  105 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
In the past year everything Epi's measured himself by or valued himself for has been stripped away. He's been left with no choice but to start his life over and figure out who he is now. It's questions he doesn't even want to ask and answers he doesn't have the strength left to find.

When hauled away for a weekend trip by his best friend in an effort to remind him life is s

To ask other readers questions about Is Yet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Is Yet

SueM
It's such a pity that S.A. Payne has stopped writing, because while her incorrect use of synonyms does annoy me, she has a definite talent for crafting a story.

Epi, a young gay man, who is left deeply scarred and physically restricted, after a horrific car crash, is struggling to come to terms with all he has lost - his physical freedom, as well as his lover who died in the same crash. He is on his first weekend trip away - after a year of hospitalization and therapy, with an old friend, Tori, w
Kit7en
May 09, 2016 Kit7en rated it it was ok
AE
Mar 02, 2015 AE rated it really liked it
Shelves: abuse, m-m
This is probably the most tender and sweet M/M that I've read, but it's done in such a way... It just feels incredibly real? Touching?

People are flawed, so they are represented that way. Etc.

I don't know. I started with Snowflakes and Embers, then I thought, well, I'll see if I like anything else, because S&E was really good, but it's highly unlikely that everything is good like that.

Now I am probably going to hole up for the next few days reading her collection and let hope that review I
Mandapanda
Nov 19, 2014 Mandapanda rated it really liked it
A great story about Epi, who is badly injured after a car accident caused by his deceased partner, and Nick, a taciturn Penn Dutchman who has issues with commitment. Epi makes a sudden and crazy decision to buy an old house in Pennsylvania. He becomes a default landlord to Nick who lives over the garage and is the nephew of the old couple who used to own the house. Epi struggles to manage his convalescence, his new home and his crush on Nick. Nick has his own wounds which are not so visible. Thi ...more
Susy
May 18, 2015 Susy rated it it was amazing
Love this one so much.
pbj
Jun 30, 2011 pbj rated it really liked it
I love how S.A. Payne writes, and this book is no exception. I just wish someone would do a grammar check on her books - effect/affect, except/accept, bear/bare - I get so frustrated, I just want to fix it myself because as annoyed as I get - I know I'll be re-reading this book again someday.
Ifrah
Apr 22, 2012 Ifrah rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, online-freebies
I thought this was very well done in the beginning, but near the end, it just seemed to die down. I mean, (view spoiler).
Sarasaya
Oct 06, 2011 Sarasaya rated it really liked it
4.5
Agata Kubek
Agata Kubek marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Cek  virabey
Cek virabey marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Kara
Kara added it
Feb 21, 2016
Anne Marie Heller Cox
Anne Marie Heller Cox rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2016
Magda-sophie
Magda-sophie rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
SH65
SH65 added it
Jan 25, 2016
Meg
Meg rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2015
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Ira Rus
Ira Rus rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2015
Mick
Mick marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Selina Dante
Selina Dante rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2015
Bex
Bex rated it really liked it
May 07, 2015
Sumire-chan
Sumire-chan rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2015
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Nguyet
Nguyet rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2015
Sillyvee
Sillyvee rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2015
Amber
Amber rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2015
Rockette
Rockette rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
So, ya wanted to know about me... well, nothing to know! I'm from a quiet Penn Dutch area with my husband, a herd of dogs, and WAY too many cats.

The husband and I work for ourselves, no money in it but better than 9 to 5 for some other idiots, and it leaves me time to write. Which, I'm told, is a very good thing.
More about S.A. Payne...