Start by marking “Baby Dust” as Want to Read:
Baby Dust

Baby Dust

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  146 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
The five women sitting in the circle of chairs all had great dreams of motherhood.

Then their babies died.

Melinda sees blood on the floor every day after her loss. Dot believes the wrath of God caused her baby to die. Teenage Tina is trolling internet dating sites for a father for another baby, and Janet’s failure to cry means her wedding is off. Stella, the support group l
Published October 1st 2011 by Casey Shay Press (first published July 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Baby Dust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Dust

Finding The Rainbow by Rachel McGrathDitch Flowers by Amanda LinsmeierBaby Dust by Deanna RoyEmpty Cradle, Broken Heart by Deborah L. DavisSaying Goodbye Without Saying Hello by RaeBeth McGee-Buda
Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Books
3rd out of 55 books — 59 voters
Tiger's Voyage by Colleen HouckTiger's Quest by Colleen HouckHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
Books That Spill The Tears
47th out of 94 books — 106 voters

More lists with this book...

Chelsea
Mar 16, 2014 Chelsea rated it liked it
I was surprised to find one of the character's suffered a molar pregnancy, but I was disappointed with this section of the book. Not due to I accuracy, which there was some, but because I am currently going through the aftermath of a molar pregnancy and she chose the one character that was completely devoid of any emotion to be the one with GTD. And after the d&c, she's completely fine. The storybook happy endings are nice I guess, but didn't make me feel any better. Some portions of the boo ...more
Valerie
Sep 02, 2011 Valerie rated it it was amazing
Each pregnancy loss is definitely uniquie, but I repeatedly found myself relating to each of the women in the novel Baby Dust. At times I felt like the author had read my mind and penned my thoughts and emotions. I was reaching for the book at every spare moment I had.
Jenne
Oct 09, 2011 Jenne rated it liked it
If you've never suffered through the loss of a baby (through miscarriage, infant loss, or stillbirth) then these characters may seem totally wacko to you. But if you have been through this, then they will intrigue you. Even if you didn't have the same thoughts as some, you can relate completely. I like the way she made the characters meet in an unconventional way and told of the hardships in their lives along with the loss...the whole book wasn't about loss, just a way to get the characters toge ...more
Anita Kelley Harris
This is one of the best books I've read in awhile. It was very timely and appropriate for me, and so i must say that if anyone has experienced a miscarriage or stillbirth, you will totally be able to relate to this book. It's about a group of women who meet in a support group for moms who have experienced pregnancy or infant loss. It traces each woman's story and background. I couldn't put the book down and I am really grateful to the author for having written this book. I had an early miscarria ...more
Jennyfer
Nov 02, 2014 Jennyfer rated it really liked it
This was a lovely, sensitive novel about the many ways to cope with pregnancy loss. Each character had parts which resonated deeply with me, and there was enough humour mixed with the sad subject matter to provide a healthy balance.

I thoroughly enjoyed the fact that although based on real women, this was in novel format, rather than a preachy, self-help book, and the happy endings are a light point to focus on while going through dark times.

(I did lose it while reading the list of angel baby n
BonnieReads
May 08, 2015 BonnieReads rated it liked it
Having dealt with pregnancy loss/miscarriage this book appealed to me to help me understand others in a similar situation. However it was quite depressing and at times the scenarios felt over fictionalised... And not realistic. More of these books are needed but we need a real account
Christine
Oct 03, 2014 Christine rated it it was amazing
this book is about the life's of women who have lost their baby's and the life before and after. this book is great for women that are going through this lose it show that everyone groves and acts differently .
Sarah Mains
Nov 14, 2015 Sarah Mains rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!

What a rollercoaster of emotions. I did not have a dry eye from start to finish. I know how these women feel I have been there myself.
Charis
Dec 21, 2014 Charis rated it really liked it
I was really surprised and impressed by how thoughtfully and sensitively this book came across. Definitely not just another work in the chick lit category.
Lora Mays
Oct 22, 2011 Lora Mays rated it really liked it
“Baby Dust” provides a unique perspective of what women go through when they lose their babies – how they struggle through the pain when no one else realizes that they ARE babies. Roy has created an emotional and unforgettable journey that exposes the hearts and feelings of women who have had a miscarriage. “Baby Dust” does not sugar coat the pain and it will leave you aching for these women that have experienced a great loss often unrecognized as that by society.

Read my full review at www.crazy
Angela Thompson
Jan 23, 2014 Angela Thompson rated it it was amazing
This is a heartwarming story about how different types of women, from all walks of life, deal with the loss of a child. Very emotional read for any woman who has experienced a loss.
Jenn8
Jun 19, 2015 Jenn8 rated it liked it
The book I needed at this point in my life
5 women going through loss of children/miscarriage.
♥ Sandi
Dec 15, 2011 ♥ Sandi rated it really liked it
Shelves: 55-favorites
Finished this book yesterday. I really enjoyed it. It is such sensitive material, but Roy expresses it so well.It is broken up into 5 parts - each part linking to the other, but still a story in itself. This author writes from first hand experience and bases each story on a combination of women she knows and has interviewed. The subject of the book is tragic, but the writing is superb...worth the read.
Katherine
Dec 11, 2011 Katherine rated it it was ok
Shelves: chic-lit
This book was pretty well written, but the characters and their storylines all seemed a little stereotypical; ie. the pregnant teen who's boyfriend leaves, the career focused business woman, the step-mother who has to compete with the ex-wife and live the high-society lifestyle. I guess the book was trying to cater to an broad female demographic, but it just didn't help create realistic characters.
Mar 12, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2012
With being overly sensitive lately, I don't know why I decided to read this book right now. It was very emotional and sometimes difficult to read what these ladies were enduring after each ones loss. Don't get me wrong, it was a good story...just must be in the right mindset to read. And, if you have has a loss, be prepared for all the memories o come flooding back while reading this and after...
Chewitt84
Dec 17, 2012 Chewitt84 rated it liked it
I thought this book was pretty good. I recently lost my son at 18.5 weeks gestation. I was recommended this book through Pintrest. I could relate to the hurt, anguish, pain, guilt, and anger that the characters felt. I didn't like the endings to each woman's "story". Each of them had a happy ending. Life doesn't work out that way. I felt these endings weren't very realistic.
Kristin
Jul 18, 2013 Kristin rated it it was amazing
Wonderful, emotional, heart-wrenching read. I cried a lot through this book. I have had 2 miscarriages and I could relate so well to what these ladies were going through. Well-written and engrossing, I will read it again and again.
Chrissie
Sep 18, 2011 Chrissie rated it it was amazing
This book is a great read for anyone that has experienced the loss of a baby to miscarriage.
It's very sad in places but incredibly accurate. Having lost three to miscarriage myself, I could totally relate to this book.
Linda
May 12, 2012 Linda rated it liked it
Any book that helps a woman with pregnancy loss is worth my time. This one will appeal to some women and not others, of course, but I am grateful to add it to my library of resources.
Carolyn
Oct 21, 2012 Carolyn rated it really liked it
Even though I have never been pregnant or had a miscarriage it was good to read what women go through and how they can overcome this horrible experience.
Jennifer Van hise
Jan 01, 2013 Jennifer Van hise rated it really liked it
This book helped me to feel "normal" as we went through some very difficult times. Tear jerker for sure!
Sarah Mains
Jan 26, 2016 Sarah Mains rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tear-jerkers
Very emotional read. Like many other women I have been there.
Laurel
Feb 20, 2013 Laurel rated it it was amazing
love it. helpful.
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Corinne
Corinne is currently reading it
Feb 02, 2016
Helaina Kolliou
Helaina Kolliou rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
L
L is currently reading it
Jan 28, 2016
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Kellie
Kellie is currently reading it
Jan 23, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: Edition confusion 4 34 Sep 05, 2011 12:33PM
  • Trying Again: A Guide to Pregnancy After Miscarriage, Stillbirth, and Infant Loss
  • Love, Mom: A Mother's Journey From Loss to Hope
  • Holding On
  • Waiting with Gabriel: A Story of Cherishing a Baby's Brief Life
  • Empty Cradle, Broken Heart: Surviving the Death of Your Baby
  • The Spellbound Spirit (The Curious Collectibles #2)
  • Grieving the Child I Never Knew: A Devotional for Comfort in the Loss of Your Unborn or Newly Born Child
  • Camp Utopia and the Forgiveness Diet
  • What You Wish For: A Novel
  • The Cuckoo's Gift
  • Take a Load Off, Mona Jamborski
  • Amazing Adventures of a Nobody: A Life Changing Journey Across America Relying on the Kindness of Strangers
  • My New Baby
  • Hannah's Hope: Seeking God's Heart in the Midst of Infertility, Miscarriage, and Adoption Loss
  • Compromised
  • Sometimes My Mommy Gets Angry
  • The Moon Seems to Change
  • The Broken Road
Deanna Roy writes books under three names:
Deanna Roy (ha, surprise!) with three-hanky reads in the Forever series.
Forever Innocent (The Forever Series, #1) by Deanna Roy Forever Sheltered (The Forever Series, #3) by Deanna Roy

Annie Winters with romantic suspense serials, including The Vigilante's Lover
The Vigilante's Lover (The Vigilantes, #1) by Annie Winters

JJ Knight with fighter romance serials, including Uncaged Love and Fight for Her
Uncaged Love, Volume 1 (Uncaged Love, #1) by J.J. Knight Fight for Her, Volume 1 (Uncaged Love, #6) by J.J. Knight

Deanna is a passionate advocate for Baby Loss Moms and many of her books touch on this topic. She is the founder of Pregn
More about Deanna Roy...

“You're a survivor. Each one of you. And survivors don't have the luxury of acting like regular people. We do what we have to do to get by.” 12 likes
“Most women found that the few weeks after a miscarriage were extremely fertile, as if the body wanted to quickly rectify its mistake.” 7 likes