Start by marking “Baby Dust” as Want to Read:
Baby Dust

Baby Dust

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  109 ratings  ·  19 reviews
The five women sitting in the circle of chairs all had great dreams of motherhood.

Then their babies died.

Melinda sees blood on the floor every day after her loss. Dot believes the wrath of God caused her baby to die. Teenage Tina is trolling internet dating sites for a father for another baby, and Janet’s failure to cry means her wedding is off. Stella, the support group l
Published October 1st 2011 by Casey Shay Press (first published July 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Baby Dust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Dust

Valerie
Each pregnancy loss is definitely uniquie, but I repeatedly found myself relating to each of the women in the novel Baby Dust. At times I felt like the author had read my mind and penned my thoughts and emotions. I was reaching for the book at every spare moment I had.
Jenne
If you've never suffered through the loss of a baby (through miscarriage, infant loss, or stillbirth) then these characters may seem totally wacko to you. But if you have been through this, then they will intrigue you. Even if you didn't have the same thoughts as some, you can relate completely. I like the way she made the characters meet in an unconventional way and told of the hardships in their lives along with the loss...the whole book wasn't about loss, just a way to get the characters toge ...more
Anita Kelley Harris
This is one of the best books I've read in awhile. It was very timely and appropriate for me, and so i must say that if anyone has experienced a miscarriage or stillbirth, you will totally be able to relate to this book. It's about a group of women who meet in a support group for moms who have experienced pregnancy or infant loss. It traces each woman's story and background. I couldn't put the book down and I am really grateful to the author for having written this book. I had an early miscarria ...more
Jennyfer
This was a lovely, sensitive novel about the many ways to cope with pregnancy loss. Each character had parts which resonated deeply with me, and there was enough humour mixed with the sad subject matter to provide a healthy balance.

I thoroughly enjoyed the fact that although based on real women, this was in novel format, rather than a preachy, self-help book, and the happy endings are a light point to focus on while going through dark times.

(I did lose it while reading the list of angel baby n
Chelsea
I was surprised to find one of the character's suffered a molar pregnancy, but I was disappointed with this section of the book. Not due to I accuracy, which there was some, but because I am currently going through the aftermath of a molar pregnancy and she chose the one character that was completely devoid of any emotion to be the one with GTD. And after the d&c, she's completely fine. The storybook happy endings are nice I guess, but didn't make me feel any better. Some portions of the boo ...more
Christine
this book is about the life's of women who have lost their baby's and the life before and after. this book is great for women that are going through this lose it show that everyone groves and acts differently .
Lora Mays
“Baby Dust” provides a unique perspective of what women go through when they lose their babies – how they struggle through the pain when no one else realizes that they ARE babies. Roy has created an emotional and unforgettable journey that exposes the hearts and feelings of women who have had a miscarriage. “Baby Dust” does not sugar coat the pain and it will leave you aching for these women that have experienced a great loss often unrecognized as that by society.

Read my full review at www.crazy
Angela Thompson
This is a heartwarming story about how different types of women, from all walks of life, deal with the loss of a child. Very emotional read for any woman who has experienced a loss.
♥ Sandi
Finished this book yesterday. I really enjoyed it. It is such sensitive material, but Roy expresses it so well.It is broken up into 5 parts - each part linking to the other, but still a story in itself. This author writes from first hand experience and bases each story on a combination of women she knows and has interviewed. The subject of the book is tragic, but the writing is superb...worth the read.
Katherine
This book was pretty well written, but the characters and their storylines all seemed a little stereotypical; ie. the pregnant teen who's boyfriend leaves, the career focused business woman, the step-mother who has to compete with the ex-wife and live the high-society lifestyle. I guess the book was trying to cater to an broad female demographic, but it just didn't help create realistic characters.
With being overly sensitive lately, I don't know why I decided to read this book right now. It was very emotional and sometimes difficult to read what these ladies were enduring after each ones loss. Don't get me wrong, it was a good story...just must be in the right mindset to read. And, if you have has a loss, be prepared for all the memories o come flooding back while reading this and after...
Chewitt84
I thought this book was pretty good. I recently lost my son at 18.5 weeks gestation. I was recommended this book through Pintrest. I could relate to the hurt, anguish, pain, guilt, and anger that the characters felt. I didn't like the endings to each woman's "story". Each of them had a happy ending. Life doesn't work out that way. I felt these endings weren't very realistic.
Khanh
I enjoyed the book because it was in a form of a novel instead of a self help type book. I could relate with almost all the characters in the book. Even though we lost our baby over 2 years ago, some parts of the book were very hard to read and I had to stop.

This book will make you cry and laugh and feel normal.
Kristin
Wonderful, emotional, heart-wrenching read. I cried a lot through this book. I have had 2 miscarriages and I could relate so well to what these ladies were going through. Well-written and engrossing, I will read it again and again.
Chrissie
This book is a great read for anyone that has experienced the loss of a baby to miscarriage.
It's very sad in places but incredibly accurate. Having lost three to miscarriage myself, I could totally relate to this book.
Linda
Any book that helps a woman with pregnancy loss is worth my time. This one will appeal to some women and not others, of course, but I am grateful to add it to my library of resources.
Carolyn
Even though I have never been pregnant or had a miscarriage it was good to read what women go through and how they can overcome this horrible experience.
Jennifer Van hise
This book helped me to feel "normal" as we went through some very difficult times. Tear jerker for sure!
Laurel
Vicki Bell
Vicki Bell marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Christi Henley
Christi Henley marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Kasey Irwin
Kasey Irwin marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Vanessa Babcock
Vanessa Babcock marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Karissa Zwingman
Karissa Zwingman marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Zanele Bilankulu
Zanele Bilankulu marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Goodreads Librari...: Edition confusion 4 34 Sep 05, 2011 12:33PM
  • Love, Mom: A Mother's Journey From Loss to Hope
  • Empty Cradle, Broken Heart: Surviving the Death of Your Baby
  • The Spellbound Spirit (The Curious Collectibles #1)
  • What You Wish For: A Novel
  • Compromised
  • Secret Obsession
  • Holding on
  • Blind: A Memoir
  • Hannah's Hope: Seeking God's Heart in the Midst of Infertility, Miscarriage, and Adoption Loss
  • The Dream
  • Never say Forever (Never series #1)
  • Lifestories: Finding God's "Voice of Truth" Through Everyday Life
  • The Butterfly Key
  • Words That Hurt, Words That Heal: How to Choose Words Wisely and Well
  • Anatomy of a Kidnapping: A Doctor's Story
  • From Under the Bed
  • Cinch! Conquer Cravings, Drop Pounds, and Lose Inches
  • Dance like Nobody's Watching (Summer Lake, #3)
Deanna Roy is the author of several novels that are classified as "two-hankie reads." They include her bestseller FOREVER INNOCENT, about a couple who rediscovers their love four years after the death of their premature baby, FOREVER LOVED, the sequel, and STELLA & DANE, about a couple who finds their new-found love put to the ultimate test after a bar fight.

Deanna is a passionate advocate for
More about Deanna Roy...
Forever Innocent (The Forever Series, #1) Forever Loved (The Forever Series, #2) Forever Sheltered (The Forever Series, #3) The Sperm Meets Egg Plan: Getting Pregnant Faster Stella and Dane: A Honky Tonk Romance

“You're a survivor. Each one of you. And survivors don't have the luxury of acting like regular people. We do what we have to do to get by.” 12 likes
“Most women found that the few weeks after a miscarriage were extremely fertile, as if the body wanted to quickly rectify its mistake.” 7 likes