Start by marking “People Smart: Developing Your Interpersonal Intelligence” as Want to Read:
People Smart: Developing Your Interpersonal Intelligence

People Smart: Developing Your Interpersonal Intelligence

Everyone is in the people business, because all of us deal with other people all the time. Thats why its smart to reap the benefits of this eminently practical guide. "PeopleSmart" details the eight essential skills of interpersonal intelligence and provides a powerful plan for becoming more effective in every relationship -- with supervisors, coworkers, a spouse, family ...more
Published June 1st 2000 by Berrett-Koehler Publishers (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about People Smart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about People Smart

Linda
Aug 24, 2012 Linda rated it it was amazing
This book is exceptional! I learned so much about expressing myself clearly and conflict resolution.
I tended to avoid conflict because I never felt I had the skills. I would get angry and tell a person how I really felt which only destroyed the relationship and my credability. Or I would not be able to think what to say and the other person would walk all over me. Sometimes I would get defensive.

Now I have the tools to work out a win win situation which will strengthen relationships and make me
Mandi Friedman
This book is extremely helpful. It is inevitable that you will communicate and interact with other people. This book walks you through many aspects and helps you to solve conflict and relate positively. It will help you improve your relationships guaranteed. It walks you through interactions that other people assume you to do, but you don't know how to do. I recommend every living person in the world to read this book.
Cody
May 14, 2015 Cody rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Mostly common sense and bloated

This book has some decent information on conflict resolution, but for the most part is little more than common sense. While it can be important and helpful to emphasize simple fundamentals, some of the generic advice such as "be yourself" is lacking in inspiration. My biggest complaint though, is even when this book does make good points it's bogged down by unneeded length. I wouldn't be the first to recommend this one.
Dr. Kim
May 14, 2015 Dr. Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is very helpful in helping you to learn how to communicate more effectively with others whether it is in business, on a job, in your family. I appreciate the things I learned and will be implementing some of it into my personal and business life. Even though this was required reading for my ND degree, it was very helpful, well written and easy to implement what you do learn in it.
Mark Nenadov
Jul 23, 2011 Mark Nenadov rated it really liked it
Shelves: interpersonal
This is a helpful book. Unfortunately, I think it would have been better, though, if it was a little more generic and not so business-oriented. I found myself tempted to skip quite a few of the sections. It is definately worth a read.
Martha
Apr 07, 2016 Martha rated it really liked it
I want to give this book 4 1/2 but that isn't how the rating system works. However the book truly is very great. I gained some GREAT bits of advice. I also had a very enlighten moment while ready a particular chapter where things really clicked for me and I realized or that is what I should do.
Derrick Lim
Mar 07, 2012 Derrick Lim rated it it was ok
It starts out pretty good, but the last few chapters felt extremely forced and corporate orientated - nothing much for the individual.
Heather
Mar 23, 2016 Heather rated it it was ok
Even though the back cover says it helps with friends, family, and spouse communication it really only dealt with business situations. I learned two things out of the book. I did not find it helpful.
John Rolf
John Rolf rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Mathew Higgins
Mathew Higgins rated it liked it
william
william rated it really liked it
Lovebooks
Lovebooks rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Peter B
Peter B rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2012
Katrina Nevels
Katrina Nevels rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2015
Vvanpetten
Vvanpetten rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2014
Qiaojun
Qiaojun rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2015
Pradeep
Pradeep rated it really liked it
Reney Mosal
Reney Mosal rated it it was ok
May 31, 2010
Mario
Mario rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2016
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2012
HIEU SIKORA
HIEU SIKORA rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2016
John
John rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2013
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
May 15, 2013
Anabiel
Anabiel rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2015
Debra Zhang
Debra Zhang rated it it was ok
Nov 26, 2013
Jos
Jos rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2014
Tudor
Tudor rated it did not like it
Jan 25, 2014
Mark Sharp
Mark Sharp rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2014
Tia
Tia rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2013
Ahmedanwar Ahmedanwar
Ahmedanwar Ahmedanwar rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Conversationally Speaking: Tested New Ways to Increase Your Personal and Social Effectiveness
  • Messages: The Communication Skills Book
  • How Winning Works: 8 Essential Leadership Lessons from the Toughest Teams on Earth
  • Understanding Other People: The Five Secrets to Human Behavior
  • People Skills: How to Assert Yourself, Listen to Others, and Resolve Conflicts
  • Before & After Page Design
  • The Interpersonal Communication Book (MyCommunicationLab Series)
  • The Hard Truth About Soft Skills: Workplace Lessons Smart People Wish They'd Learned Sooner
  • The New Toughness Training for Sports: Mental Emotional Physical Conditioning from 1 World's Premier Sports Psychologis
  • Know Can Do!: Put Your Know-How Into Action
  • Pop!: Stand Out in Any Crowd
  • It's the Way You Say It: Becoming Articulate, Well-Spoken, and Clear
  • Life Lessons for Women: 7 Essential Ingredients for a Balanced Life
  • Strengthsquest: Discover and Develop Your Strengths in Academics, Career and Beyond
  • Free Agent Nation: The Future of Working for Yourself
  • Who Gets Promoted, Who Doesn't, and Why: 10 Things You'd Better Do If You Want to Get Ahead
  • Fresh Air: What Happens When You Discover the Powerful Secrets of a God-Breathed Life
  • Say This, Not That: A Foolproof Guide to Effective Interpersonal Communication

“We have been given two ears but a single mouth, in order that we may hear more and speak less.” 0 likes